Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Renewedhope is Headed for the Flatlands

Renewed - you look great!

Did you really need the butt lift? The before pics make your butt look pretty small. Was it just because of dimpling from loose skin that you wanted the backside lifted?

I didn't actually get a butt lift. My surgeon was going to do an extended TT and I talked her into carrying the incision all the way around to get the skin on my back and my "love handles". In the process I guess my butt got lifted a little (nice little perk), but I didn't actually get a butt lift.

Hey Julie... Thanks so much. Julie is my sister. How cool for you to be on here with my "cyberfriends" cheering me on.

Oh! Well that clears that up. It sure didn't look like you needed a 360. I bet I'll have to get that same type of incision when I finally get there. My flaps extend clear out to my sides.

Again - you look marvelous.

How's the healing going? I know you are so glad that you can get out and walk. Are you just taking a stroll with the kids, or are you walking for distance or time? Knowing you it won't be a stroll. Take Care.

Hello :thumbup: Just wanted to thank you for sharing your story and your pictures and your experiences.... congrats on all your hard work... it has TOTALLY paid off!!!! You look amazing, and as Karey has said, it is only going to get better and better.

The Fluid? Sounds very much like a popped pocket but I agree with Karey. Be careful and double check with your doc. There is definitely something to be said for peace of mind.

Here's hoping you continue to heal so well and that you are back to your exercise routine soon!!!

Thanks guys. I am doing great. Not much to report. Tonight I can't sleep because my back is itching like crazy where she left those few staples in. I removed the steristrips. I am thinking they are iritating my skin. The skin underneath is a little red, but it is mostly along the line of where the steristrips were. It doesn't look infected. I think it is time for the staples to come out. My doctor said to call when the drainage stopped and she would take them out. Wel, I had my big leak on Saturday and haven't had any drainage to speak of since. I think I will call in the morning.

Hey Renewed! Sorry you can't sleep....I know that has to be irritating. Maybe she can go ahead and take the staples out soon. You're doing great girl! And you look phemomenal!!!

Renewed,

Glad to here your doing well. I can't stand the itching thing. That will probably drive me crazy. I have an old c-section scar that really itches, espcially with the extra skin on top of it. I'm hoping alot of that scar, (and stretch marks) will go when I have my tummytuck.

Hang in there! I'm sure it will stop soon and hopefully the staples all come out asap!

Sam

Renewed: I have alot of itching as well and have a difficult time sleeping. I take half a dose of bendyral at night at it helps the itching and the sleeping. I was getting really weepy and found that if I can get a good nights sleep, I don't feel like crying as much. Anyway, that's my tip for the day!

Thanks so much Karey. I will definately do that tonight. I took the steridtrips off my back and that helped a lot, but sleeping at night is the worst part. I seem to have weird dreams lately too. I just don't feel like I am resting well at night. Benadryl and I have a date tonight.:thumbdown:

I went to the doctor today and she removed all but 2 staples. The 2 staples are in the center of my back. She said that the area between them doesn't look completely healed. The open area appears superficial, but she doesn't want to take them out and risk it opening up. So...I go back next Thursday to have those 2 taken out. Slowly but surely. BTW, I walked a mile today in 15 minutes. That's a far cry from my 5K time, but at least it's a start. It felt really good to be back at the track.

I feel better and better everyday. I can't wait to get rid of the garment and binder, but I have 3 more weeks of that. Not much to report. Just ticking along.

Wow you look great. Hope your feeling better soon. I am debating getting a Tummy Tuck when I am down to goal weight. I shall see. Right now just trying to lose the next half of my weight and toning up. The celulite is kind of disgusting I look like a big old orange rind. LOL

Glad to hear your making process and starting to walk again. Don't kill yourself with your progress. You'll get there!!!!

Sam

Renewed, I am so tired of sleeping on my back, I tried to sleep on my side but it really irrates the problems on my inision, so dr said to stay on my back, Yeah sure dr whatever you say. Grrrr. Congrats on the 1 mile. I was telling my hubby this morning that it's sad. I went from working out at the gym 4 -5 days a week to nothing now for over 3 weeks, I feel myself getting soft again, all my hard work is melting away laying in this damn bed in this irratating binder. I think I mght take some benydryl to see if it will help me sleep thru the night.

P.S. How was your date? :-D

I slept really well with the benadryl. It may just be my new best friend.

Ok, here is a rather personal question. When I first got home I really wanted to have sex. Ok, we did, probably sooner than we should. We have resumed sex, but very carefully. Now, at 3 weeks out my libido seems to have disappeared. Why is that??? You would think these changes would cause an increase in my libido, and it did initially, but now the opposite seems to be true. Is it the hormone changes?? Has anyone else experienced this??