Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Renewedhope is Headed for the Flatlands

Hey everyone! I just wanted to post an update on Renewed. She overdid it Thursday and was very swollen and tired on Friday. She's pretty much been in the recliner ever since. She said she feels much better today and the swelling is better too. She's gonna take it easy for a few days and probably won't be posting much.

Well, I've been in the recliner too. Sigh! Not much fun, but things are going to get better for both of us! Take it easy, Renewed. Wishing you the best!

Thanks guys. I am really doing great. I have just learned that if I overdo it man this swelling is a big deal. I find it much easier to just be very compliant and sit in my recliner so that I don't have to deal with feeling like I am going to pop open. I hope this passes pretty soon. Anyway, I go to the doctor on Thursday to have the rest of my staples taken out. As wel as I am doing, I don't think I had prepared myself mentally for the long healing process that this type surgery involves.

Ready to get off the couch!!!

Amy

keep resting and dont overdue it. Good luck and quick recovery to you!

Amy: I forgot how long the recuperation is too. I'm ready to do something, anything! Wednesday I see the doc and hopefully I get the go ahead to start sitting up and getting back to work. I don't think my de-hiss on my incision has gotten any worse and mentally I need to get moving! Here's to some good movies and resting!

Renewed, congrats on getting your drains out. I go back to the Dr tomorrow and am hoping to get at least 1 out. I will be glad when I can take a real shower. This staying in bed crap sure sucks and I don't think I prepared myself mentaly for complictions. But I am dealing with it, as I know I am going to look smoking when it's all said and done.

chat later

Thanks guys. I am really doing great. I have just learned that if I overdo it man this swelling is a big deal. I find it much easier to just be very compliant and sit in my recliner so that I don't have to deal with feeling like I am going to pop open. I hope this passes pretty soon. Anyway, I go to the doctor on Thursday to have the rest of my staples taken out. As wel as I am doing, I don't think I had prepared myself mentally for the long healing process that this type surgery involves.

Ready to get off the couch!!!

Amy

that happened to me today! They told me I could have my binder off up to an hour and so I took it off to shower and stayed out a bit and I felt like every incision was going to burst! I was thrilled to get the binder on!

hang in there- glad you are getting your staples out!!!

I am doing great!! I went to the doctor today and she was very pleased. I have a couple of areas that pulled away from the sutures, but they are healing well and appear pretty superficial. The incision at my mons is sluffing off some, but again very superficial. I am putting neosporin on these areas and that's it.

I was so relieved after going to the doctor today. I have 2 very small dog ears at the top of my thigh incisions(one on each side) and on my left hip I have a little pooch. I wasn't sure if it was swelling or fat. Anyway, I wasn't sure if it was a big deal or not. Probably noone except me would notice either of these things. Well, my surgeon had noticed them too and when I am completely healed she is going to fix them. Very minor. She will do it in the office. Not a big deal at all. I was so relieved. I am VERY happy with my results and had convinced myself that I just needed to quite being so picky. I am so excited to know that she wants to fix them and that it will be easily done.

I am still having a very small amount of drainage on my back so she removed all but 4 of my staples. When the drainage stops she will take those out.

I know that sounds like a lot of stuff, but they are all very minor. I feel really good this week. I am still swollen, but less and less everyday. I HAVE BEEN RELEASED TO WALK FOR THE PURPOSE OF EXERCISE!!!!! WOOHOO!! Still no running, but I can live with that for now. I am so excited!!

I was down 10 pounds since surgery. According to her scales I have lost 14 pounds of fat and gained 4 pounds of muscle. I am not sure how that is possible since I have been mostly sitting, but at least I haven't lost a lot of muscle during this process. According to her scales I have 7 pounds of fat left to lose. I want to lose a little more than that, but i can't believe I am getting this close to goal!!

I am very excited tonight. I am starting to feel human again!! I will ahve to be careful not to overdo it with my little bit of added freedom.

Thank you all so much for your thoughts and prayers and for following my progress. DH is going to take pictures in the morning and I will post some so you all can see my results. I am very pleased!!

Renewedhope, I am so glad everyting is going well for you. I hope to be following you to flatland very soon. Thanks for sharing your journey thus far.

Laura

WHOOO HOOOO! I can't wait to see pictures!! I'm glad your appointment went well and glad that the little problems can be fixed easily. You are going to be a knock out!!

You've been such a trooper through all this. You rock!!

Ok guys here are the pics. I am not crazy about the pics at all. DH was at an angle instead of staight in front of me so they are not the best, but you get the idea. I am going to post several so it will take a few posts to get them all.

These pics are preop and 2 weeks post op. I am still pretty swollen, especially my thighs. You can see the little pooch I was talking about on my left hip. Anyway, here goes.

jpg.gifjpg.gifjpg.gifjpg.gif

post-225179-13813137839649_thumb.jpg

post-225179-13813137839871_thumb.jpg

post-225179-13813137840053_thumb.jpg

post-225179-1381313784022_thumb.jpg