Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Are We Ready For A Woman VP?

Are We Ready For A Woman VP?  

1 member has voted

1. 1. Are We Ready For A Woman VP?

• Yes!
    • No!
    • I don't care.

Don't lose the faith it would be difficult in our culture to find a moderator who wasn't in bed with the democrats!

Don't lose the faith it would be difficult in our culture to find a moderator who wasn't in bed with the democrats!

Ain't that the truth! Republicans should demand co-moderators. Imagine how the libs would scream bloody murder if Sean Hannity or Ann Coulter were proposed as a "moderator"?!?!?

One GOOD thing that will happen with the debate is that it won't be edited (in contrast to the recent interviews).

Everyone laughs at the media's representation of Palin's answer on foreign policy, the representation of which is that she understands it because Russia can be seen from Alaska. Ha ha. What a silly answer. Isn't she stupid. Mock, mock, mock. But how many of you know the REAL question and answer? The FULL question and answer?

Here it is (parts in bold are the parts edited out of the broadcast):

GIBSON: What insight into Russian actions, particularly in the last couple of weeks, does the proximity of the state give you?

PALIN: They’re our next door neighbors and you can actually see Russia from land here in Alaska, from an island in Alaska.

GIBSON: What insight does that give you into what they’re doing in Georgia?

PALIN: Well, I’m giving you that perspective of how small our world is and how important it is that we work with our allies to keep good relation with all of these countries, especially Russia. We will not repeat a Cold War. We must have good relationship with our allies, pressuring, also, helping us to remind Russia that it’s in their benefit, also, a mutually beneficial relationship for us all to be getting along.

Big difference when you read the whole thing. Her response is that we must always remember that our world is ever growing smaller and we must take this into consideration in any foreign policy matter. It's a thoughtful and reasonable answer when you read the part that was edited out.

The same thing happened with her answer on NATO and war with Russia. When you have edit control, it's amazing what ends up on the cutting room floor -- and how bad you can make someone look.

Edited by gadgetlady

I haven't even seen Ann Coultre for a while where is she hiding?

Here she is, released today (emphases mine): Conservative Opinion Columns, Republican Issues, Political Debate, Coulter, Sowell, Barone, Hewitt: Townhall.com

While Gov. Sarah Palin is being grilled on her position on mark-to-market accounting rules, the press can't bother to ask Joe Biden if he could give us a ballpark estimate on when Franklin D. Roosevelt was president -- or maybe take a stab at guessing the decade when televisions were first available to the public.

Being interviewed by Katie Couric on the "CBS Evening News," Biden said: "When the stock market crashed, Franklin D. Roosevelt got on the television and didn't just talk about the, you know, the princes of greed. He said, 'Look, here's what happened.'"

For those of you who aren't hard-core history buffs, Biden not only named the wrong president during the 1929 stock market crash, he also claimed a president who wasn't president during the stock market crash went on TV before Americans had TVs.

Other than that, the statement holds up pretty well. At least Biden managed to avoid mentioning any "clean" Negroes he had met.

Couric was nearly moved to tears by the brilliance of Biden's brain-damaged remark. She was especially intrigued by Biden's claim that FDR had said the new iPhone was the bomb!

Here is Couric's full response to Biden's bizarre outburst about FDR (a) being president and (:( going on TV in 1929: "Relating to the fears of the average American is one of Biden's strong suits."

But when our beauteous Sarah said that John McCain was a better leader on the economy than Barack Obama, Couric relentlessly badgered her for evidence. "Why do you say that?" Couric demanded. "Why are they waiting for John McCain and not Barack Obama? ... Can you give us any more examples of his leading the charge for more oversight?"

The beauteous Sarah had cited McCain's prescient warnings about Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac. But Couric, the crackerjack journalist who didn't know FDR wasn't president in 1929, demanded more examples from Palin.

We are currently in the middle of a massive financial crisis brought on by Fannie Mae. McCain was right on Fannie Mae; Obama was wrong. That's not enough?

Not for the affable Eva Braun of evening TV! "I'm just going to ask you one more time," Couric snipped, "not to belabor the point. Specific examples in his 26 years of pushing for more regulation?"

This would be like responding to someone who predicted the 9/11 attacks by saying: OK, you got one thing right. Not to belabor the point, but what else?

Obama was not merely wrong on Fannie Mae: He is owned by Fannie Mae. Somehow Obama managed to become the second biggest all-time recipient of Fannie Mae political money after only three years in the Senate. The biggest beneficiary, Democratic Sen. Chris Dodd, had a 30-year head start on receiving loot from Fannie Mae -- the government-backed institution behind our current crisis.

How does the Democratic ticket stack up on other major issues facing the nation, say, gas prices?

Shockingly, Sen. Joe Biden was one of only five senators to vote against the first Alaskan pipeline bill in 1973. This is like having been a Nazi sympathizer during World War II. If Sarah Palin does nothing else, she has got to tie that idiotic pipeline vote around Biden's neck.

The Senate passed the 1973 Alaskan pipeline bill by an overwhelming 80-5 vote. Only five senators voted against the pipeline on final passage. Sen. Biden is the only one who is still in the Senate -- the other four having been confined to mental institutions long ago.

The stakes were clear: This was in the midst of the first Arab oil embargo. Liberal Democrats, such as senators Robert Byrd, Mike Mansfield, Frank Church and Hubert Humphrey, all voted for the pipeline.

But Biden cast one of only five votes against the pipeline that has produced more than 15 billion barrels of oil, supplied nearly 20 percent of this nation's oil, created tens of thousands of jobs, added hundreds of billions of dollars to the U.S. economy and reduced money transfers to the nation's enemies by about the same amount.

The only argument against the pipeline was that it would harm the caribou, an argument that was both trivial and wrong. The caribou population near the pipeline increased from 5,000 in the 1970s to 32,000 by 2002.

It would have been bad enough to vote against the pipeline bill even if it had hurt the caribou. A sane person would still say: Our enemies have us in a vice grip. Sorry, caribou, you've got to take one for the team. But when the pipeline goes through and the caribou population sextuples in the next 20 years, you really look like a moron.

We couldn't possibly expect Couric to ask Biden about a vote that is the equivalent of voting against the invention of the wheel. But couldn't she have come up with just one follow-up question for Biden on FDR's magnificent handling of the 1929 stock market crash?

Or here's a question the public is dying to know: "If Obama wanted a historically delusional vice president, why not Lyndon LaRouche?" At least LaRouche didn't vote against the Alaskan pipeline.

I saw Katie Couric interview Sarah Palin and thought that Palin messed up badly even though Couric had a soft manner with her. Let us face it: Couric is no Limbaugh or O'Reilly; she doesn't not shriek and badger. Palin was at times inarticulate and incoherent.

And yes, Joe Biden blew his facts on the stock market crash of 1929 badly. That was a real shocker! I always thought that that info came under the category of general knowledge that everybody knew.

Well, Warren Buffet has made for himself and those lucky or wise enough to invest in his financial vehicles gadzillions of bucks. Other than that, he has no street cred. He is another private individual, just like you and me.

As for Palin, well, of course I am no fan. I find her, though impressively energetic, still very ordinary and I think that there should be extraordinary individuals who who are in charge of your very large, complex and globally important country. In this belief, yes, I am an elitist.

I also don't agree with some of her core beliefs. I mistrust her religiosity. I believe that these people often mistake their own wishes for their God's desires and will act erroneously as Bush has done with his jihad in Iraq even though the international community did not sanction this and your congress was advised by the head (a Dane, Dr. Hans Blix) of an international team which had been in Iraq and monitoring it ever since the end of the first Gulf War that there were no WMD.

I strongly believe that religious passion must be separate from all affairs of the state and that there only cool-headed reason and knowledge of worldly affairs must rule. This might come under that business of rendering unto Caesar what is his.... Palin, like George Bush, is altogether too passionate, I believe.

And, on a personal note, I am one of them pro-choicers. I believe that a woman must have the right to decide whether to proceed with a pregnancy or not. I was pregnant once due to a failure of birth control. I was mature, in my early 30s, and knew that I never ever wanted motherhood. I had an early abortion and have never regretted this. As we know, Palin's beliefs on this run counter to mine. I would have been trapped in an unwanted pregnancy for 9 months and my body would have never returned to its childless state. As a post-menopausal woman I would be suffering some fall-out with respect to my physical health.

And finally, Couric was not harsh on Palin in her interview. Palin simply came apart like wet paper tissue. As for nasty interviewers, there is nobody nastier than Limbaugh and O'Reilly are on Democrats and other liberals.

As a democrat it's frustrating to see how the media is portraying Palin. They're so obviously pro-Obama-Biden it almost makes me want to change my party!

Is it possible that women and men have different styles of of interviewing and that Couric was pretty darn harsh from that perspective? It's obvious now that Palin was made out to be an "idiot" and a laughing stock by the media and is replayed multiple times a day on all the liberal news programs. Creative editing has a lot to do with it.:w00t:

Oh please no one made Palin out to be an idiot she did it on her own. These are just excuses, excuses, excuses. She did herself in, she could not answer the questions that a VP candidate should beable to answer. Please stop the whining and all the excuses, America is not buying "she's prepared", any longer

OK,

"America", I'm not whining and we'll just all wait and see tonight how things go even though one of the moderators is obviously pro-Obama and is making money now off her book deal.:w00t:

She may do well tonight. No one knows. But she did poorly with the Curic interview and all I hear from the right are excuses and whining how the media is not fair to her. Conservatives are already makinig excuses for her with the "Ifill can't be fair", and Palin has not even debated yet. She is a big girl and wants to be VP of this wonderful country. She has to do better because she is not helping her case. When people watch the Curic interview they see a VP candidate that cannot answer questions. If you can't stand the heat stay out of the kitchen

I hardly call Katie Couric one of the great news broadcasters for one thing and wouldn't base everything on that interview.

We'll see who will be whining tonight after the debates and lets not forget it's who we elect as President of the United States that is the most important thing right now!:w00t: