Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Are We Ready For A Woman VP?

Are We Ready For A Woman VP?  

1 member has voted

1. 1. Are We Ready For A Woman VP?

• Yes!
    • No!
    • I don't care.

Ha! Places I regularly visit: New York, Seattle, Las Vegas, Dallas. Place I feel most welcome politically: Dallas.

Just don't go to Austin since all the TX liberals flock there. Actually lots of California people move there since COL is cheap, it's a great city!!

Just don't go to Austin since all the TX liberals flock there.

Oh, I know. My husband calls Austin a little annex of Berkeley in the middle of Texas, the Birkenstock capital of the Lone Star State, and the nice thing about Austin is it's 5 minutes from Texas.

We tried to open a business in Austin once. It was a business that would have all part-time employees (by the very nature of the job, we wouldn't need anyone for more than 10-15 hours per week; we generally hire students needing a little extra money on the side). We had to scratch the whole plan because the City (note: capital "C") of Austin was requiring us to pay a "living wage" and provide health insurance for the employees. That they were part time didn't matter. How the heck do you provide a "living wage" to part-timers? (BTW, we pay between $10 and $15 per hour + generous tips, which is certainly nothing to sneeze at -- especially for college students looking for side money!). There was no way for us to succeed with the business with those requirements. So we left.

Well I am from NY and although I cant see Russia, I can see NJ!! Yeii, its a beautiful view.

I think these two threads are useless. Is not are we ready for a woman VP or a "Black" President (who by the way is not 100 percent African-American)..the question is are these candidates ready to do what it takes to revamp our economy and Help us. the people in America who are starving, without health insurance, and nothing to hold on to. How can we help others when there are millions of children living in poverty and starving. Do some community service and see what is out there. Is not a pretty site. I thank my parents each day for allowing me to look at the world through a 3D mentality.

Same as not caring if our president is black or transparent, I don't care if the VP is female or a hermaphrodite. As long as they are the candidate I think will do the best job, it matters not. Woman or not, Palin in the VP seat scares the crap out of me.

Great to hear from you Wheet! As a matter of fact, if Palin were a man, she'd be laughed off the stage - like our old friend Dan Quayle was. Inexperience and light in the boots mentality always crosses gender lines.

Her performance last night was just that, a performance. She did not give direct answers and she avoided any potential problems by reiterating something she had already said. She was insulting to her opponent and he didn't take the bait. They were both very well-rehearsed. She was well-scripted but it hurt her to not have a better grasp on reality - or maybe it served her well. No one seems to be calling her on it.

I watched several reports on different chanels last night and they all agreed that Biden won - hands down. Now what they're saying this morning I have no idea - I'm supposed to be packing for Vegas.

Palin does believe that Roe v. Wade should be overturned and she does not think that same sex couples should be treated exactly as male/female couples. They let that slide. Of course even if someone tried to pin her down on her true beliefs, she has the maneuvers down perfectly on how to hide her real agenda. If you don't believe me, just read gadgetlady's passionate love of all things Palin. She makes it very clear for all of us.

I thought Palin's nearly final answer was very telling - about what she'd do if McCain were to die and leave her with the presidency - frankly it looked to me like she's counting on it... wink, grin, wink, grin, wink, wink.

She winked so much I thought she had something in her eye. I thought this women could to be leader of the free world and she winks on national TV. I husband thought she was too chirpy. Like a high school cheerleader.

CNN

Are those actual polls or self-selecting polls? I haven't seen any "real" polls released. Zogby is releasing on Saturday. Rasmussen hasn't released anything yet, although they did just release a poll saying "59% Agree With Ronald Reagan—Government Is The Problem". Gallup hasn't released. Self-selecting polls are notoriously unreliable.

gadgetlady

go to voices.kansascity.com/node/2299

To see for yourself

Thank you. I now see where you're getting that information but I'm having a hard time finding that polling on the independent websites. I'm not questioning you; I just don't swallow stuff without researching it. When I go to CNN and Fox I don't see the poll information anywhere. The only place I see it at CBS, with this notation: This CBS News poll was conducted online by Knowledge Networks among a nationwide random sample of 473 uncommitted voters - voters who don’t yet know who they will vote for, or who have chosen a candidate but may still change their minds - who have agreed to watch the debate. Knowledge Networks, a market and public policy research firm based in Menlo Park, CA, conducted the web poll among a sample of adult members of its panel, who are provided web access if they don't already have it. . . . This is a scientifically representative poll of uncommitted voters’ reaction to the presidential debate. The margin of sampling error could be plus or minus 5 percentage points for results based on the entire sample

So the CBS poll is a poll of undecideds only (and 473 people is not a terrific sample for national statistical analysis). That doesn't mean squat for national polling. I'll wait for the big boys (Zogby, Rasmussen, Gallup) to release their numbers.

That being said, the national polls may very well say the Biden won. I don't know if they will or won't. From a statistical analysis point, though, the numbers you posted are inaccurate and premature.

You know what, in fact, that article you posted really pisses me off because it misrepresents the facts! It says:

Randomly selected subjects on three other polls also show Biden winning:

CNN/Opinion Research Biden 51 Palin 36

CBS Biden 46 Palin 21

Fox Biden 61 Palin 39

The implication is that it's a randomly selected sample of all voters, and it's not.

It really, really annoys me when the media get it wrong (and they often do) -- regardless of which side it helps.

Edited by gadgetlady

When I'm wrong, I freely admit I'm wrong -- and I have done so on this board. It's really fascinating to me that that is not a universal ability.

ugh, can't stand polls......

palin's in dallas now, oh darn have laundry to do...:)

Ha ha! Hey luluc, I travel to Dallas a bit. I'd love to meet you sometime. Whereabouts are you?

P.S. I can't stand polls either. They are way too easily skewed. But if they're properly done, they can provide a reasonable snapshot.