Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Are We Ready For A Woman VP?

Are We Ready For A Woman VP?  

1 member has voted

1. 1. Are We Ready For A Woman VP?

• Yes!
    • No!
    • I don't care.

She may do well tonight. No one knows. But she did poorly with the Curic interview and all I hear from the right are excuses and whining how the media is not fair to her. Conservatives are already makinig excuses for her with the "Ifill can't be fair", and Palin has not even debated yet. She is a big girl and wants to be VP of this wonderful country. She has to do better because she is not helping her case. When people watch the Curic interview they see a VP candidate that cannot answer questions. If you can't stand the heat stay out of the kitchen

Again, liberals would scream bloody murder if the moderator were Sean Hannity, even if Biden is a "big boy" and should be able to handle it.

As a democrat it's frustrating to see how the media is portraying Palin. They're so obviously pro-Obama-Biden it almost makes me want to change my party!

We will welcome you into the Republican party with open arms :w00t:

Is it possible that women and men have different styles of of interviewing and that Couric was pretty darn harsh from that perspective? It's obvious now that Palin was made out to be an "idiot" and a laughing stock by the media and is replayed multiple times a day on all the liberal news programs. Creative editing has a lot to do with it.:)

It's funny that Palin was made out to be an idiot when Biden said things that were patently and idiotically false -- like American's watched FDR (!!) on television (!!) during the depression! Give me a break! And Couric nodded and agreed.

Jack, you have made some excellent points. Thanks.

Of your American politicians, I have no idea who would make a great president. I don't know them anywhere near well enough. Of the two teams who are running for the top positions, I do prefer Obama and Biden. This would admittedly be because Obama's politics are more readily understandable by my foreign way of thinking. His values seem, well, more Canadian and thus I am much more comfortable with him. And thus you have my bias. Of course I believe that life up here runs pretty smoothly for the most part.

And, yes, JFK was cool.

It's funny that Palin was made out to be an idiot when Biden said things that were patently and idiotically false -- like American's watched FDR (!!) on television (!!) during the depression! Give me a break! And Couric nodded and agreed.

They both looked like idiots to me. Obama's health is better, though.

Poor Palin. Like I said whine and make excuses for the horrible Curic interview

By the way did you see McCain is pulling out of Michigan

No looking good!

If I switched parties right now my father would be proud, looking down from above but I don't think my "academiac" brothers would allow me at the Thanksgiving table this year, lol but thanks. I have no problem voting outside my party for the candidate I feel will do right by our country. Nanook:thumbup:

I've seen a few clips from the Couric interview -- I'm at work without a TV when she's on. All I can say is, sheesh, didn't Palin even study for the interview? I crammed harder for my Jeopardy appearance 25 years ago. And I didn't even have all that "executive" experience running a small town.

Me thinks Sarah Palin did much better tonight than what was shown and edited on the Katie Couric interview. She does appear to me to have an almost Minnesotaesk accent though that I think people tend to think is more "cutesy" and maybe put off by it.

It's all in the editing. If you watched Palin tonight, she nailed it -- it wasn't edited.

A good friend of mine edited Obama's interview with Kroft -- not adding any words, not reordering, just taking stuff away. BIG difference in how he looks:

KROFT: Why do you think you’d be a good president?

OBAMA: Well, I think that when you think about the challenges we face, these are challenges that require us to look forward and not backwards. When it comes to the economy I think we have to recognize that we are now in a global economy.

KROFT: Why you? I mean, why do you think you would be a good president?

OBAMA: Well, I was gonna get to that.

KROFT: Oh, okay.Okay. Go ahead.

OBAMA: When it comes to the economy, I think I understand the knowledge economy. I think I understand what it’s gonna take in order for us to reinvest in our manufacturing base, and what it’s gonna take to ensure that we are freeing ourselves from dependence on foreign oil. How we can fix our health care system. And that’s on just on the economy. Now, there’s a parallel when it comes to foreign policy. Fighting al Qaeda is going to be different than my grandfather, who fought in Patton’s army in Europe. There’s a different set of threats. Some of them, like terrorism, that we have to focus militarily, but also diplomatically, and use all elements of power. Some like climate change, that we’re gonna have to strengthen our alliances and form partnerships. And it’s gonna be much more of a task of persuasion. We can’t, you know, use our military to make sure the planet doesn’t get warmer.

KROFT: But what is there specifically about you? You mentioned disposition. You mentioned disposition. What skills and traits do you have that would make you a good president?

OBAMA: Yeah. You know I am very good at analyzing complicated problems. Hearing all voices. Getting all perspectives. And then taking some decisive action in terms of moving us in a direction that’s gonna solve the problem.

See what you can do when you edit? Make Obama ramble and show that he's unable to answer the question. For those of you truly interested in her interviews, I suggest reading the complete transcript.

It is amazing how the media can manipulate the public into believing what they want them to believe. Katie Couric (that's how it is spelled by the way) played a gotcha game with Sara Palin, just like The View liberals played kissy with Obama. If you want to play fair then play fair with both candidates and quit editing comments to fit the purpose of the media's slant!

Dems and libs were frothing at the mouth, waiting for Palin to fumble tonight. She didn't. Now they're backpeddling. In fact, I've never seen pedals move backwards so fast! When someone resorts to calling names, it demonstrates that they've lost our argument.