Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Are We Ready For A Woman VP?

Are We Ready For A Woman VP?  

1 member has voted

1. 1. Are We Ready For A Woman VP?

• Yes!
    • No!
    • I don't care.

So Kathryn Lopez didn't say that, and in fact she disagrees with Kathleen Parker on the issue.

I've seen a lot of people saying Biden should withdraw. I certainly hope he doesn't! He's good for the Republican ticket.

Ahhh, this is the thing that makes for hot political debate. And fortunately we live in a country where we can each and every one have compeltely opposing opinions and more importantly, that we can be as vocal as we want to be about them.

You say that Senator Obama "is for" late term abortion and saying that is nothing short of what you accuse me of.

To say you've seen a slag pond and equate it to McDonald's wrappers tells me a lot about your ability to do exactly what you accuse me of.

And as for Michele Obama... I wonder if you are a black woman of Mrs. Obama's age? No? I'm sure you are not. And you are therefore completely unable to understand what it was like to be Michele Obama growing up. When you are reincarnated and are Michele Obama, then you will be qualified to speak to her opinions and voice on the subject of being raised as a poor black child in America in the 60's. Until then, you sound very prejudiced and you have little credibility. I expect you to vote for McCain. I expect you to vote for Sarah Palin. I couldn't expect anything else from people who speak as you do.

I hope Joe Biden gets the opportunity to kick Sarah Palin's booty. But right now, it doesn't look like they can trust her out in public.

Well, we all have prejudices, don't we?

No. Kathryn Lopez agrees with Kathleen Parker. Come on your are in denial if say Sarah Palin is not loosing some of the rights support. You know it's true. They are scared to death of what is going to happen Thursday night. She should have been on TV last night supporting McCain's like Biden was supporting Obama. That's there job. They are hiding Palin because she is way over her head and America is catching on.

National Review on Line 9/27

Rick Lowry regarding the Curic Plain Interview

"Palin was dreadful"

They are falling like flies

No. Kathryn Lopez agrees with Kathleen Parker.

Nope. From the article I posted earlier, which is dated 9/26:

I know I like a lot of what I’ve heard her say. I also know a lot of what I like about her could be projection. I’m not where my friend Kathleen Parker is — wanting her to step aside to spend more time with her family and Alaska — but that’s not a crazy suggestion. She's right to say that something’s gotta change.

My guess — based on nothing but hope for a change — is that Sarah Palin just needs some freedom.

In other words, she doesn't agree with Kathleen Parker, saying she should withdraw; she wants her to step up and be released from the people holding her back. She wants her to speak her mind because she agrees with her and believes most Americans will identify with her, too.

Well, I must say that I am not sure that the lack of "experience" in Washington DC is a bad thing. She doesn't owe anyone anything! LOL I am keeping my options open at this time but certianly thing that Obama has a lot to prove before he got my vote. Too bad we can't vote for the President and Vice President seperately. I think one out of each party would make things interesting!!!

I think what really cracks me up about the whole Palin thing is how Dems clearly want her to step down. If she's truly that awful, then won't her presence on the ticket mean the Dems' candidates will do better? If so, wouldn't they want her to stay on the ticket?

In contrast, there's been a lot of talk about Biden withdrawing. I think he's particularly awful for the ticket -- and I want him to stay! His presence makes the Republican job (of winning) easier.

So those of you who are Dems and want Palin to withdraw -- what's your real agenda?

Sarah Palin's extremely right wing viewpoints do not represent mainstream America.

We cannot stomach the idea of someone who is so very extremeist becoming our president. We cannot stomach the idea that one of the candidates for president chose someone who is so out of touch and out of her league. It begs the question, why?

If the Republicans continue to have their way, Sarah Palin's way of life in pristine Alaska won't continue to be pristine forever. And you consider that a good thing? I think you just want to buck the system, whatever the system brings us. I wish you'd spend as much energy analyzing the activities of this administration in relation to the current economic mess. You really don't have to dig very deep.

I was not in favor of Joe Biden for V.P. I was very disappointed that he was the selection - and not because I wanted Hillary - I did not want Hillary either. But the reasons for each are quite different. Joe Biden does a fantastic job in the Senate - we need him there! Hillary, on the other hand, sold out a couple of years ago to the powers that have caused much of our trouble in the world and I just couldn't stomach her anymore. However by comparison, Sarah Palin makes Hillary look like a saint.

It's going to be interesting how this financial crisis gets handled. One person suggested (and he has tons of creditibility) that the reason McCain was so silent in the discussions was because the details have already been worked out. He's going to come up with a fabulous-sounding last minute plan that Bush and the Republicans in Congress are going to embrace and make him look like he has a clue in the economic world. Then the populace is supposed to swoon and vote for him.

If the American public hasn't gotten a gut full of this administration and its' grotesque antics, they deserve what they get if they vote for them again.

Actually, Senator Obama is very Canadian in his style and his beliefs. This is not necessarily a bad thing to be. Canada is doing well these days. The net worth for the median Canadian family has exceeded that of the median American family: Canada - $122,600 to U.S. - $93,100 (all figures in U.S. dollars).

Per capital personal debt: Canada - $23,460 to U.S. - $40,250.

Percent of annual household expenditure spent on housing: Canada - 19 to U.S. - 34. It should be noted here that the average size of an American house is bigger: 2,000 square feet to 2,520 square feet.

And as for universal health care, per person we pay $3,326 per year as contrasted with your $6,401 per year, a per person cost which doesn't even cover every American and yet is almost twice the price of our universal system. I can also cite figures that will show that we have a higher life expectancy, a lower infant mortality rate, a significantly lower obesity rate as well as rate of individuals with diabetes if you are interested.

These are all reasons why Canadians do not find Obama scary. Hell, a recent poll indicated that 40% of Canadians would vote for him for our Prime Minister. He is polling better than any of our local guys. (We are currently having an election up here.) We also know that, should he win the presidency, many of his more creative initiatives would be blocked by special interest groups. They will never ever come to fruition.

I am with Bjean. Palin is very right wing and unqualified. The Democrats don't necessarily want her off the ticket. The comments have been the conservatives that have changed their mind about her since her Curic interview. CBS announced they have two more questions from the Curic interview they are going to release this week. They are said that Palins own words make her look even worse. I for one can't wait for the VP debate this week. We shall all see how she does.

I hope Palin digs herself into a bigass hole during the debate. Biden should just let her talk up a storm. Should do wonders.

I can not wait until Palin debates Biden. That is going to be hilarious! It will be even funnier watching republicans try to justify her performance.