Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

?ctober ?dyssey 2008

I'm so exciting for those of you who are on your way in... and am also very glad to hear that us newly banded are feeling much better. :thumbup:I appreciate all of the well wishes I received this week. I took your advice and sat my tail down for two days straight! I'm still off until next Monday and don't anything at all planned - except to sit down and get my hair done before Monday. Rest is extremely important (even if you are feeling better). Lesson Learned:redface:

NFaith-I'm glad you took it easy and are on the mend. Your body will tell you.

New update! Welcome everyone!

October 1- shanna234; salome000; wvprisonrn; 9pdmnm5; linro123; Meschultz; Elfaba thegood; LINRO123

October 2-Vidahlia; NEWLIFE4BEV; mrsrdh; mamac; kdraves; emialiabri; markfarnsworth; Bratty_Nicole; Carriejess; Terry in KY

October 3-Miss Undastood; SaraJaneQ; LoneStarLoser; Cyndi2464; purplerose; brandie; garysmithey; Ara; Mistydaz; atomanne

October 4-

October 6-Odawa; DeeH; sim78; bandedCG; sweetgothic; daydreamer1; artistapril; roxann; MississippiGirl; trinaj; JerryBlade; SeaSide

October 7-nighttart6; melboyd; EllindaGreek; NFaith; PandorasMom; Betelnut; mimilou; mark2842; lula23; harleyc; odawa ; short n' sassy; longhorn girl; cellis82; grannytwinkie; Sooner; Bama2; NFaith

October 8-austex; LoveIslovely; karebare714; birchmoon; tiaj; lisalef; goosefraba; renita; socalcass; Toosywoots; MaryBnSC; cheryl1952; greg72

October 9-Izzyd; Mamacj; triciat; karenk; saninbham; imlindal46

October 10- morkiecoco; MomDukes58; BikiniBeachy; VEEJEE07; Monkeyband

October 11-mama g

October 13-myturn0421; lindatatu; vandih; fabnatsdiva; msk1968; travelinsorkel; missundastood; clv811; wifepilot; longhornmom; ctoyooka; suzanna; myturn; DC Girl; dcorna

October 14-MyTurn; cstauble; bimbabe; BobbieND; crimsondawn; leannmorton; mamary5; sexievilyellow; nrpnrp; toots2008; caladonia41;Tyme2GetRite; Txnurse; up & adam; TJ1; hunnybunny3

October 15-rulooknatme; gritar; cheryl1952; alteration; animalover; ihadtodoit

October 16-SickNTired; SanMateoDae; Bino; angelx5; tracie30; maggiehpp; msavoy4901; bemused; nayray13; deb’s journey; Scooby; jendenni; Scorpyian1; luv2bslim; lori ann; tracie30

October 17-Lshelley21; josiegurl; shadowland; newgrama0904; swalesfcc; hersheymalone; javabeans;

October 18-

October 20-nazzy; Ruby124; LynnN; Soupamom; taosgal; karook54

October 21-SnowWhite760; Vickie; gottabthin; cyndyg; rondapooh1;HelloPenny; sveltelady; swpaintdiva

October 22-annecolorgreen; jogirl; fortunate1; sandielaw; lorilei; purplesloane; BootyBee; Little Bit; imamld3; morph521

October 23- blueangelkc80; bugginbri; Oregonirish55

October 24-illinoishusker; bradley18; tyme2getrite; ktravel; tas; likebefore; ~Jenni~

October 25-

October 27- ebonie1015; alabamagirl1975; dicustr413

October 28-Michele777

October 29-knickerbocker; ~Bridgette~; SCTexasGirl; julie.ann; lauriel; dirigo; CMTurner; sunwyse; Altoonasoup; chrisfer1; wvgal33; gracie78; Tamisha

October 30-kygirl31; IDHmngBird;

October 31-watermum

I had my preop appt with my surgeon today--yay!

Big day tomorrow for: SickNTired; SanMateoDae; Bino; angelx5; tracie30; maggiehpp; msavoy4901; bemused; nayray13; deb’s journey; Scooby; jendenni; Scorpyian1; luv2bslim; lori ann; tracie30

Best wishes to you all and prayers lifted up!

~~anne

Edited by annecolorgreen

lindatatu - I just checked and I have "sipped" my way to 58 oz. The gas x strips are helping. I haven't had many burps but am at least productive when I sit on the toilet (maybe gravity?). When i relieve some of the gas, it seems like there is more made up. I can feel myself getting bloated again. I don't get it! Maybe it will just take time. Hopefully it will get better as the days go by.

Hi

I was banded October 7/08 in TJ by Dr.Corvala. 3 other ladies were banded the same as me by Dr. Kuri. Are you ladies out there? I am still a little sore.

I am 6 days post op and have been up all night with some new area of discomfort. I am wondering if anyone else has experienced this.... I went to bed last night with a pain under my right shoulder blade in my back, this morning it is not as strong there but more in the center of my back inbetween the shoulder blades. I seem to have more gas in my stomach than a few days ago so I'm thinking that is what's causing the pain but i'm not sure ... any input would be appreciated.

veejee07,

I believe your shoulder pain is quite common. I have it also. It is reflective pain and will disapate over next two weeks.

Advil crushed is my friend.

Hope you feel better.

Dcorna

I am 6 days post op and have been up all night with some new area of discomfort. I am wondering if anyone else has experienced this.... I went to bed last night with a pain under my right shoulder blade in my back, this morning it is not as strong there but more in the center of my back inbetween the shoulder blades. I seem to have more gas in my stomach than a few days ago so I'm thinking that is what's causing the pain but i'm not sure ... any input would be appreciated.

Heating pad helped me tons with that...lol of course the liquid vicodin might have played a small part in that help. Try to sleep elevated a bit and I just hugged the heating pad.

Just wondering if any of you have tried fitday.com? I used to use it and put in my latest data yesterday. It has some new neat features like keeping track of your moods along with food/weight, etc...

Happy Thursday! Six more days for me!

~~anne

Hi everyone,

My name is Tamisha, my date is October 29, 2008. I started my 2 week Optifast liquid diet on Tues. 10/10/08, its tough, but its going. Anyone else required to do a 2 week liquid diet?

Side note: I think i'm having trouble getting my ticket scale thing to show. Do you see it or just the codes? If so, Any help? Thanks.

MJay & VeeJee07 glad to hear that you are now banded and am hoping you find relief very soon for soreness and uncomfort. GasX and Liquid Tylenol really helped me. When it was too bad, I took one of the prescribed meds I received. Rest and walk are great helps also.

Many Blessings to those of who were newly banded this week and are ready to go in tomorrow! :laugh::wink2:

Tamisha,

Click on my or any other ticker and it will bring you directly to the site to make your own. Once it's made, copy the bb and paste it into your signature under Edit Profile. If you need any more help let me know. :-)

Hello everyone!

I just got home this afternoon, a little sore, but okay.

I hope everyone else is doing well!:wink2:

Glad you are home best of luck.:laugh:

Hello everyone!

I just got home this afternoon, a little sore, but okay.

I hope everyone else is doing well!:wink2: