Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

?ctober ?dyssey 2008

I am using the EAS powder. My Mother got it for me at Sam's Club. I think it was relatively inexpensive compared to the alternatives. Sorry, I don't know how much she paid. Or which Sam's she was at... I am betting maybe Frisco.

I have the chocolate flavor. I like it. I mean, it tastes like chocolate diet shake to me. Like a slim fast or an instant Breakfast.< /p>

Go to Braum's and get their skim milk. It has 13g of Protein in 8oz. That's a LOT more than most of the grocery store brands. It's not organic, BUT, it has No Hormones and it's got added Calcium. Bonus!

I have not been hungry drinking my shakes. I think when I am hungry it is head hunger OR I have waited too long to have something to eat. I am terrible about eating...sigh.

I put a scoop in my coffee in the morning along with some Benefiber, fat free Creamer, and two sweet and lows. Yum.

I have one of those Cuisinart hand blenders. LOVE LOVE LOVE IT! This is my second one. I used my other so much I wore out the gears. But, it works great for the shakes and for making up broth. I would cry without it!

I would just go get some EAS and not stress about it!

I start my pre-op clear liquid diet after midnight tonight!! Monday is the BIG day! I'm sooooo happy!! I really feel this is the right thing to do. Good luck Smashing Pumpkins!!!! Good luck to us all!!!!!!!!!

MyTurn. Good luck on Monday. And the clear liquid diet for tomorrow is really not bad. I was dreading it. I thought I would die of hunger. But I drank lots of Water, (added some Protein bullets to it sometimes) and the day went fast. I was so excited about getting banded the next day, I didn't get hungry.

I will be think of you tomorrow and Monday along with all the others getting banded on Monday.

Good luck to you all and to all the Smashing Pumpkins.

Lone Star

I was banded on Thursday. I am frustrated with how lousy I still feel. The incisions don't hurt. I'm guessing it's still gas.

My back hurts around my shoulder blades. My front hurts around my breast bone.

The heating pad doesn't seem to be helping. The Gas-X strips don't seem to be doing anything either. I've been walking, but probably not enough - it's snowing like crazy out there.

I think I'm at that "what the heck did I do to myself" stage and need to get over it.

Checkin in.....So 9 days out, I'm feeling pretty darn good! Almost normal... I can sleep on both sides without a support pillow but not quite yet on my stomach.. :thumbup: I have stopped taking the liquid tylenol and still feel pretty good. I did work only half days this week so that helped a lot!

I had my follow-up appt on wednesday and was down 11 lbs from surgery day. That was good! I definitely didn't feel hungry at all this past week but am finally starting to feel it now... and I can eat mushies now! Solids next week if they are cut up VERY well... Mashed potatoes never tasted sooo good! :smile2:

Checkin in.....So 9 days out, I'm feeling pretty darn good! Almost normal... I can sleep on both sides without a support pillow but not quite yet on my stomach.. :crying: I have stopped taking the liquid tylenol and still feel pretty good. :eek:

I'm glad you are doing well. It is nice to see a kind of time line of what to expect. It think it will help to say "Okay give yourself 10 to get back to normal.

KarenK- I'm sure you'll get there. A week from today you will feel like a new person. But this is a safe place to say everything you feel. I'll keep you and the rest of the newly banded in my thoughts!

I can't wait to be in the "What did I do to myself" phase.

Karen, I was sore in the exact areas! I'm not happy to hear you're feeling this way, but thought I was the lone ranger after reading so many posts about people feeling GREAT! I thought the medical staff may have used me for a punching bag on the operating table. ALAS, 6 days post op, I'm feeling much better. Back is a bit tender, I've been using Ben Gay at night or sleep on a large cold pack. It's heaven. My point being, in a couple days you'll start to feel much better. It passes and we're going to be SKINNY & SMASHING! Hope this helps. Soft {Hug} ...don't wan't to hurt your back :-)

Karen, I was sore in the exact areas! I'm not happy to hear you're feeling this way, but thought I was the lone ranger after reading so many posts about people feeling GREAT! I thought the medical staff may have used me for a punching bag on the operating table. ALAS, 6 days post op, I'm feeling much better. Back is a bit tender, I've been using Ben Gay at night or sleep on a large cold pack. It's heaven. My point being, in a couple days you'll start to feel much better. It passes and we're going to be SKINNY & SMASHING! Hope this helps. Soft {Hug} ...don't wan't to hurt your back :-)

Thank you, SeaSide. I am so glad to know that I'm not alone in being just a bit miserable. I really needed to hear it.

With a little luck in a few days I'll pass this stage - in the meantime I think it's a good thing I arranged to take a full week off.

Thanks for the hug.:crying:

Hello All,

Much Luck to all who are entering Band-Land this week!! Yaaah!! :eek: You'll see how the liquid diet was oh, so worth it!

Very sorry to hear of those of you who've been banded and are feeling sore, etc.:crying: Surgery is so, so different for everyone. I've had several other surgeries and am always out of sorts longer than those around me who've had the same procedures. I think we can each compare some of the same things here - but we won't always have the same outcomes. I really love this group for getting answers to many, many questions.

I wouldn't be embarrased at all if I was hungry - in fact, I expected to be hungry. It just hasn't come yet, but if it does and I can't tame it - I'm coming here for suggestions!

I went to Walmart yesterday and purchased some whey Protein. In the book I've read on Adjustable Gastric Band, I've received some good recipes for shakes. Today, I'm going to do this one: Protein w/SF FF pudding, crushed ice. Starting Monday, I'll ad low fat yogurt to that mixture in the blender. I was told that I could have blenderized cream of chicken, Tomato, mushroom Soups - beginning tomorrow. Can't wait!

-------------------

While I've experience some discomfort, I found that walking really, really helped a lot with that.

Take care all.

i had a egd i guess that would shown if my liver needed shrinking cause he didnt tell me to do anything

I was banded on Thursday. I am frustrated with how lousy I still feel. The incisions don't hurt. I'm guessing it's still gas.

My back hurts around my shoulder blades. My front hurts around my breast bone.

The heating pad doesn't seem to be helping. The Gas-X strips don't seem to be doing anything either. I've been walking, but probably not enough - it's snowing like crazy out there.

I think I'm at that "what the heck did I do to myself" stage and need to get over it.

Karen - I hope you are feeling better soon! SNOW?!? Wha wha wha? It's supposed to be high 70's this week; I'm shocked it's snowing somewhere in the U.S.!

snow yukkkkkkkkkkkk thats depressing lol 83 here today,i was depessed after my knee suregry last year i couldnt figure out why,took some time before i felt better,im hoping oct my band date this dont happen again.my dr told me its kinda normal

Hi everyone! I have my surgery tomorrow so I have been on Clear Liquids today - I took 1/2 of the "clean-you-out-liquid" a couple of hours ago and am supposed to the take the rest in a few minutes...nothing has happend so far. I'm kinda scared that it will all start coming out at once and I will not be able to leave the bathroom! Good luck to everyone else getting banded tomorrow - looks like quite a few of us. My doc make us stay the night so I will hopefully be back online sometime tuesday.....

Woke up this morning to about 6 inches of wet heavy snow. My daughter informs that a tree on the side of the house has broken, but it will have to wait - my brother will help me with it tomorrow.

I did make it out to the grocery store today - bought more broth for me - and real food for the kiddo. Getting out helped somewhat, but the back is still throbbing. I'm trying alternating the lortab and liquid tylenol to keep it at bay. I'm also trying chewable gas-x and hope things improve soon.

Thanks for the kind words - this WILL work!