Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

?ctober ?dyssey 2008

I had my nutritional phone consult on Monday and my phone consult with Dr. Kirshenbaum today. He was great to talk to. I have 3 weeks to go. I can't believe it. It is really starting to get to the home stretch. I start my pre-op diet in one week.

I wish it was already here.....but then I wonder if 3 weeks is enough time to get ready.

Have a great night everyone!

Hello All you Pumpkins!

I will be joining your ranks tomorrow morning at 6 A.M. Please send up some good thoughts and prayers for me if you would be so kind. I would really appreciate knowing that I had some extra prayer support.

I have lost ten pounds in the last two weeks on the pre-op diet and what a difference I feel and see already. Life with out dragging this 100 pounds around with me where ever I go and whatever I am doing will be amazing not mention so much healthier!

TTYL

Linda from VA>

I'm not sure if I posted on here before - there are soooo many threads! I am being banded on 10/13 and I go in for my pre-op blood work and stuff tomorrow. I have only been on the pre-diet for 7 days so I hope my liver shrinks enough for the surgery on Monday! Good luck to everyone else!

Hi Everyone!

I wanna be a pumpkin too!

Surgery date is set for October 21st! I am in the Dallas area, and Dr. Cribbins is doing my surgery.

Doing my 2 week pre-op diet right now. It's going fine. I really can't complain. I got approved very quickly so the two week diet snuck right up on me! On Monday night, my Mother said "When do you start the diet?" After, I replied, she looked at me and said, "You do realize that two weeks is tomorrow, right?" YIKES!!! So, I didn't have any time to worry about it. Just do it.

Wishing you the best today Linda!

...and welcome to Penny...

October 1- shanna234; salome000; wvprisonrn; 9pdmnm5; linro123; Meschultz; Elfaba thegood;

October 2-Vidahlia; NEWLIFE4BEV; mrsrdh; mamac; kdraves; emialiabri; markfarnsworth; Bratty_Nicole; Carriejess

October 3-Miss Undastood; SaraJaneQ; LoneStarLoser; Cyndi2464; purplerose; brandie; garysmithey; Ara

October 4-

October 6-Odawa; DeeH; sim78; bandedCG; sweetgothic; daydreamer1; artistapril; roxann; MississippiGirl; trinaj; JerryBlade; SeaSide

October 7-nighttart6; melboyd; EllindaGreek; NFaith; PandorasMom; Betelnut; mimilou; mark2842; lula23; harleyc; odawa ; short n' sassy; longhorn girl; cellis82; grannytwinkie; Sooner; Bama2; NFaith

October 8-austex; LoveIslovely; karebare714; birchmoon; tiaj; lisalef; goosefraba; renita; socalcass; Toosywoots; MaryBnSC; cheryl1952

October 9-Izzyd; Mamacj; triciat; karenk; saninbham; imlindal46

October 10- morkiecoco; MomDukes58; BikiniBeachy

October 11-mama g

October 13-myturn0421; lindatatu; vandih; fabnatsdiva; msk1968; travelinsorkel; missundastood; clv811; wifepilot; longhornmom; ctoyooka; suzanna; myturn;

October 14-MyTurn; cstauble; bimbabe; BobbieND; crimsondawn; leannmorton; mamary5; sexievilyellow; nrpnrp; toots2008; caladonia41;Tyme2GetRite; Txnurse; up & adam; TJ1

October 15-rulooknatme; gritar; cheryl1952; alteration; animalover

October 16-SickNTired; SanMateoDae; Bino; angelx5; tracie30; maggiehpp; msavoy4901; bemused

October 17-Lshelley21; josiegurl; shadowland; newgrama0904; swalesfcc; hersheymalone; javabeans;

October 18-

October 20-nazzy; Ruby124; LynnN

October 21-SnowWhite760; Vickie; gottabthin; cyndyg; rondapooh1; HelloPenny

October 22-annecolorgreen; jogirl; fortunate1

October 23- blueangelkc80;

October 24-illinoishusker; bradley18; tyme2getrite; ktravel

October 25-

October 27- ebonie1015; alabamagirl1975

October 28-BootyBee

October 29-knickerbocker; ~Bridgette~; SCTexasGirl; julie.ann; lauriel; dirigo; CMTurner; sunwyse

October 30-kygirl31; IDHmngBird

October 31-

October 9-Izzyd; Mamacj; triciat; karenk; saninbham; imlindal46

Keep those that are getting banded today in your thoughts. Good Luck!!!

I'm on my blackberry. Just wanted to stop by and say hi. I have really bad gad. I want to burp so badly but I can't. Fyi when you go in for surgery make sure you bring chap stick with you because you will need it!! Thanks to all those who had me in their thoughts and prayers. The journey began and I am excited!! I am still in the hospital because I have anemia at a level of 24 due to extremly heavy menstrual cycle ah that sucks. Talk to you soon and good luck to those getting banded today!

Good luck everyone that's getting banded today and all that have already been banded.

My thoughts are with you and I pray for all of your speedy recoveries.

You will all do great.

Lone Star Loser

I am still in the hospital because I have anemia at a level of 24.

ACK! I hope everything is OK for you.

I am anemic as well. (My IUD makes me spot all the time.) Never had to be hospitalized for it. I take one of those hemo super Iron pills everyday.

I hope they don't keep me longer, after my surgery!!

I feel for you! I read an article in the October "Eating Well" magazine and it was about DHA and Iron levels in people. (The article was called Brain Food.) They did a study where women with normal iron levels and anemic women took tests. The anemic women typically were slower taking the test and did poorer. But, I have been so not myself for the last year. Making decisions seemed harder, and being able to recall vocabulary words sometimes was impossible. So, I am blaming it all on being anemic! You can too!

Yippee ~ Another Dallas Pumpkin! Congrats Penny on your quick approval. I'm 3 days post op and feeling quite well today. It's good to get on the scale and be down 9 lbs! Here's to be lighter and healtherier! Raising my Protein Shake to you.

Proud to be a Smashing pumpkin. Coming here helps me get through the day! Thanks to all.

Yippee ~ Another Dallas Pumpkin!

My Husband is deployed right now, and I am living with my parents. I would never of been able to even consider having lap-band surgery w/o my parents support. We are still trying to figure out how me not being able to pickup my 1 yo daughter, is going to work out, if one of them can not be at home.

But, once he gets back at the end of January, I will probably be back in Montgomery, Alabama @ Maxwell AFB. YUCK!

Went today for my first check up, I'm healing well and felt good to move around (we went grocery shopping after the Dr. visit) but I've lost 8 lbs since the surgery so that's a total of 16 lbs. LOL Oh forgot I can eat mushies! I had a half of a scrambled egg for lunch and it was sooo yummy!

Hello everyone! I went for my preop today, it took about an hour they took some blood, my medical history and that was about it! I have 5 more days, I can't wait!:biggrin:

I'm having my pre-op tomorrow and I'm excited! Just one more thing to check off the list!

Penny--when I had a c-section and had a 15 month old, I just had him climb up on me and helped him a little. I also did the same with the crib and just "boosted" him. Not the ideal situation but still. Do you have any neighbors who could help out with crib times? Thank you for your service to our country as an Army wife! Your dh is going to be so proud of you!!!! (thanks to him too of course!)

LoveIsLively--Hope everything works out okay! I had "extra" bleeding with my hysterectomy and had to stay an extra day. I had been on massive amounts of advil prior to the surgery for back pain and that caused it.

Thinking about today's bandsters and praying for tomorrow's: morkiecoco; MomDukes58; BikiniBeachy. Wishing you all well!

~~anne