Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

?ctober ?dyssey 2008

Here here is my blog with my guidelines. My Bandster Guidelines..... - Lap Band Surgery and Lap Band Discussion Forum

I keep track of all my food on www.sparkpeople.com I see that lapband.com also has that option now. There are other free sites as well. I count everything I eat. It has helped me more than anything besides the band.

I work out quite a bit, but started at 30minutes of cardio 3 times a week. Get fills as you need them and eat your solid Protein first then produce. No liquid calories. No bread, Pasta, rice or potatoes.

Thanks for the welcome guys

I had an o.k. week it was my TOM so I hope to see some loss by Monday. I will be sure to check out the sites you talked about Julie Ann. Thanks! I have a 10 cc and I'm at 7cc's I really think I can do at least 8ccs. It seems to be tight on the 1st day after a fill but it get loose by the next day. I was thinking of starting the slim in 6 workout program. I do have it but haven't tried it yet. Anyone do it?

Hi Guys,

It has been awhile since I posted, I had my last fill March 10th. I have now started going to the pool 5 times a week and going to aqua fit M,W,F and then doing laps for 1 hour 5 times a week. I have finally started loosing. Love the pool. Hope you all get motivated as I finally have.

weight.png

I can't wait until the Water in my pool is warmer. It is still too cold. The days are great and warm, but the nights get cool so the water doesn't get warm. I love water exercises and swimming. I am going to try and get in to see my doctor next week for a fill. My last one was in January and I think it is about time for another one. I don't have enough restriction.

Good luck to all of you.

Lone Star Loser

:glare:

Hi Guys,

It has been awhile since I posted, I had my last fill March 10th. I have now started going to the pool 5 times a week and going to aqua fit M,W,F and then doing laps for 1 hour 5 times a week. I have finally started loosing. Love the pool. Hope you all get motivated as I finally have.

Toots, I'm glad you checked in. You look like you are doing great!

Eeck haven't posted in forever, it's amazing how much you can do when you have the energy! Let me fix my ticker and I'll brb

well can't remember how to reset my Smashing Pumpkins...boy that's distracting isn't it. LOL

So how is everyone doing?

Things have been slow here, only up to 2.5 cc in my 10 cc band and have NO restriction but I'm creeping along.

I've continued to have extreme acid reflux and take carafate, prevacid and zofran daily to combat the problem. I've had a scope and they can find no problems so I'll just learn to live with it. Removing the band is not something I'm willing to do.

Energy level is much better and I'm back to being able to do the normal day to day, can't tell you how happy I am with this so far.

I had my surgery on October 8, 2008. I was so happy and lost 23 lbs but then started gaining one lb at a time until I have gained back almost 10 lbs. I am very confused on what I am suppose to be eating. I know I need to start exercising. I don't drink enough Water. I know what I am doing wrong. I guess I just need someone to help me. I do not drink soda pop. That is about the only thing I am doing right. If you would please give me some helpful hints to what has helped each of you to get to where you are now. I am very proud of each and everyone of you and maybe I will be right behind you. Have a Happy Easter and I will be checking in later to see if any of you can help.

Thanks,

Cheryl:crying::lol::cool2:

I hope some of you can turn my frowns upside down so I can smile again and get back my motivation to suceed this time.

Hi Cheryl,

Turn your frown upside down, as you have great courage and strength!! You can do this! We all need help, some more thenothers, but we are here to help!!!!

Alright, I recently began tracking my calories. That really does help! You become aware as to what foods your eating, nutritional values and the amount of food your consuming.

A lot of people use this site to track down their calories Calorie Counter, Diet Tracking, Food Journal, Nutrition Facts at The Daily Plate

Is really important to begin to exercise, it doesnt have to be a 6 days a week at the gym kinda-thing. You could walk around your local park, swim, ride your bike, every bit helps. However, if you really want to shed the pounds cardio exercises are a must and will help you lose weight faster and help improve your cardivascular system.

I have no secret recipe, we are all different. I bust my behind at the gym to get where I am at and it has been worth it. Ive made a lifestyle change, no more high blood pressure, feeling out of breath, feeling depressed, feeling worthless, feeling invisible, and no more feeling sorry about myself. Most of all, I no longer have the need to hide my feelings by eating two boxes of pizza and 20 piece buffalo wings.

The day of surgery, I asked myself "why are you obese?" I said "because you eat to hide your feelings, you eat to escape, you eat ebecause you get a high/rush when ever you taste ice cream, I eat because I am addicted". It may seem cliche, but thats the day I said, enough is enough, is time to live!! That is the day I decided to committ myself to myself. I think we all have to question in deep thought, why we became overweight. Then we can release the hounds and work with improving our inner being. Then we are able to work on our health.

Thanks for all your help. You really have your head in the right place now. Could you elaborate on what kinds of meals you are eating too. You have done excellent. I hope to be there someday. I just recorded my food on Daily Plate.

Thanks,

Cheryl

Probablly the best thing I do it record my meals on www.sparkpeople.com If you have started with the dailyplate then that is GREAT! I keep my carbs low and my Protein high. I eat a lot of turkey, chicken and some red meat. I love cottage cheese. Although it is a soft food it helps the drier meats go down easily and is another Great source of protein. Remember no bread, potatoes, rice or potatoes. That will limit the cravings after it is out of your system. EVERYTIME....EVERYTIME you start looking for food ask yourself if you are hungry. Really hungry. Not head hunger. Not...it will taste so good. Is your stomach empty and that is why you are going to eat? Ask yourself that EVERYTIME! That made such a difference for me. I have done that everyday for 6 months. It took about 3 months for it to become a lifestyle...a habit.

Cheryl, If I can do this then so can you! Turn you frown upside down and realize that you already have the best tool for weight loss. Many people would love to be exactly where you are right now. You are one of the lucky ones! Take advantage! :cool2:

Thanks so much for giving me all this information. I needed someone to remind me how bad I wanted this and I should be taking advantage of this tool. Please keep in contact until I get myself under control. Motivation is what I need and after I start losing again I think I will have it under control. I can't check myspace at work but I do everyday at home. I cannot wait to have as much weight lost as you do.

Thanks for helping me

Cheryl

Dear Cheryl:

Today is my 6 month bandiversary and I have been what could be described as a "slow loser." As you can see, I've "only" lost 28 pounds, but when I think back to those days that Love described (eating pounds of food to hide feelings - and feeling disgusted with myself) I will gladly take those 28 pounds and be joyful:lol:.

I'm older than some, and I haven't beat myself up at the gym. I walk (slowly with my husband) daily for 30# and some days I force myself to go to the gym. I'm considering taking a "bootcamp" but don't know if I can get up 5 days a week at 5 - I know many people do, but I want to sleep!

I read today in the paper that Michele Obama was questioned by children at the White House. She was asked what was the worst thing she had to do at the White House. She said "running on the treadmill." Guess what? She hates exercise too - but the difference is she does it!:lol:

Yesterday I wrote in my journal about my bandiversary. These are some of the things I've noticed or that I'm grateful for:

• I'm not 240 anymore!
  • Technically I've lost 1 lb per week. (They say 1-2 pds per week, so naturally I always calculated on the 2 lbs and thought I'd be down 50 by now. When will I learn that is doesn't always go my way???:)
  • My stomach is definitely smaller (I carry my weight around my middle -- an indicator that I'm at a higher risk for heart attach or stroke) which leads me to my next point...
  • I feel healthier
  • I'm starting to fit into clothes (from 2 x to some 18's). I also realize that clothes that are too big can make you look (and feel) fat and that it's ok to buy some smaller sizes as you lose, just because you'll feel better!
  • I'm getting more comments on my weight loss.

All in all, I'm one happy camper and I wouldn't go back -- I believe this procedure saved my life and if I use this tool that I've been given, I can achieve my goals. But it is a tool and what Julie says is very good advice. Before you eat, think!!! Am I hungry?? Also, follow those bandster rules - Protein, no drinking and eating together, small meals, chew well.

Finally, I would advise you to go to your doctor. He/she wants you to be successful. Talk to your doctor about this. Take the 5 day pouch test (google it). Start over with new vigor and determination. Remember what drove you to get this surgery in the first place. Change your attitude. You can do it -- it just might take you a bit longer. Don't stop!!!

I'm a grateful bandster!!!:w00t:

Hi everyone!

It has been quite a while since I have posted. I have been keeping busy and active. I have lost 75lbs, which is great! Now comes the difficult part. I have about 50lbs left to loose and I am finding it difficult.

I am seriously considering going back on liquids for 2 weeks, then soft for 2 weeks in order to jump start my loss. Any suggestions?

:eek: