Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

?ctober ?dyssey 2008

Hey there. I am doing well. With personal family issues and getting a second night job in January I gain 15 back but have gotten back on working out. I ran a 3K a couple of week s ago and I am planning to do a 5K next. I started running and am working out. My new job has be traveling about 60% of the time so I am being very careful and watching my calorie intake. I am happy with my health but desparately need plastic surgery to be happy with my body. I think that with PS I will be very happy with everything. I haven't had an adjustment in a year and really am in a good spot.

I'm not sure what my signature will show but I am still about down about 100 lbs. I haven't stepped on a scale in quite a while. I have gone from a size 24 to a size 12.

Best money I have ever spent!

WOW--thought I posted on this yesterday???

Anyway, I'm 70+ pounds down but have been for over a year. During that time, I've fluctuated up and down 5 lbs. It's frustrating--but I'm very thankful not to have gained like I would have in the past!!!

Someone that had surgery the same day has lost over 250 lbs...and he has documented EVERY bite he has put in his mouth during this time. So...guess what? I'm now journaling it all too. It does help you decide not to eat something just because you don't want to put it down! I am now at the lowest end of my weight and am hoping for a breakthrough this week. In less than a month, dh and I will be in Hawaii celebrating our 25th anniversary!!

I am also running. I started last fall and ran a 5k and then had a work injury in January and spent 6 months in physical therapy. I'm back with the program now--and my 17 yr old dd is doing it with me!!

A "new" exercise for me that I started last week--hot yoga. Let's just say that I probably have a screw loose for trying this but it's so different that it is fun!

Keep the stories coming!!

WOW, hot yoga is a workout...I have read about it!!!

Congratulations on your loss and maintenance of that loss, especially after your injury!!!

Mimi

You guys have done great. Yes my wt loss stopped the same time my journaling stopped. There is a direct corolation for me. Well...off to the gym right now. Keep up the posting. I am following the thread as always. Isn't it hard to believe how long it has been?!?!?! Seems like just a few months ago we were all hoping this would work for us. :lol:

It's great to hear from some you you October bandsters!! I'm doing well too. My weight loss has always been slow. So I'm inching down but determined to be in the 170's! I have an appt for a fill 9/16 and I'm trying to get back down to 181 (my lowest). I'm at 185 now. I fluctuate 4-5 pounds for awhile and then will drop back down.

Anyway, I'm still l doing boot camp 5 days a week. I love it and feel so much better. It's been a great help re-shaping my 'ol bod. But, surprise, surprise, it's the combination of food and exercise that does the trick. Because no matter how hard I exercise, if I don't eat the Protein and NOT drink (am I speaking in double negatives????) it doesn't work.

So I'm off to a scrambled egg and 1/3 cup cottage cheese Breakfast.

I love this band and feel like I've been given such a gift. I'm wearing some size 12's now -- more 12's on the bottom and 14's on top -- but I can shop in regular stores. I love it!

Keep it up everyone.

I'm doing okay. I'm in the 30-35 BMI study so I started out smaller, but could see the writing on the wall that I was going to get bigger if I didn't get a handle on it, and I had lost all motivation to do it (again) on my own, only to gain it back (again). I had a slow leak in my port during my first year and ended up gaining back what I lost, had my port replaced, and started all over again near my year anniversary. So in the last year I lost 45 and have 20 to go. Actually, I lost most of that 45 in the first 6-8 months and have barely lost anything in the last few months, but at least I'm not gaining. My band was too tight and I was getting enough liquid calories to maintain my weight (a major no-no, I know). I also started having bad reflux and night and wasn't able to keep any solid food down. Now that I had an unfill (a few unfills actually) I am able to eat better and cut out the mushies. I just need to go on a diet now to get this last 20 lbs. off. I have a breast lift/reduction and Tummy Tuck scheduled for the end of December. Can't wait to get rid of this muffin top!

Everyone seems to be doing so well. My journey is going okay. It seems I only loose for the two weeks after a fill and then nothing.

However, it's partially my own fault since I don't exercise like I should. I'm very hit or miss (mostly).

I enjoyed reading yall's posts, though, and have two new ideas that I feel will be of great help. One is to journal what I eat, and along with that is to make sure I'm getting enough Protein.

I go for a fill tomorrow morning. So that will be the perfect time to put yall's ideas to work.

Keep posting! :wink2:

Hello everyone,

I was banded 10/8/08 at 321 lbs. I am currently at 219lbs. I am definatley not where I want to be but a lot healthier and happier than I was before. I did great for the first few months then it was like I went on hiatus for about a year. But I have done pretty good for the last 9 or 10 months. I have lost 60lbs in the last 9-10 months. I hope to get under 200 by the end of the year. 20 lbs to go. I am at my sweet spot but haven't been working out like I should at all. Thanks for listening to me vent and I hope to join most of you all in ONEderland soon.

Great news! I am getting consults and plan to have a mommy make-over in March if I can't get everything to fall into place! I CAN"T WAIT!!!

I really want to lose another 20 lbs before then.

Oh by the way...I ran my first 5k in September!!!!

well i reached my goal! but unfortunately a terrible slip caused me to have the band removed in an emergency surgery this thursday. i also found out i'm pregnant the same day! bittersweet goodbye to the band! hello pregnant life!