Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

?ctober ?dyssey 2008

Just popping in to say 100 lbs gone FOREVER!!!!

I decided to do a fat girl happy dance when I lost 100 lbs, but it seems I may have to settle for just a happy dance since the fat girl seems to have left the building!

:party:

:mad::thumbup:

You rock!!!:lol:

Hello everyone! I was starting to lose some(about 6 pounds) last month or so but then I lost my motivation. I think I let my love life take over my health life. When I should have been working out I was going out to eat! I need to get my head back in the game, but now I don't fell the restriction like I should and the doctor cant see me until July 3rd. I was banded on my B-day 10/22/08 with a 10cc band and my fill is at 7cc's (want to go to 8cc's) and lost a total of 48 pounds in 7mos. I know that's bad.. not even 10 pounds a month! I think I read that someone was going to do liquids again. Did it help you get back on track? I have to get 10 pound off this month!!!

Hello everyone! I was starting to lose some(about 6 pounds) last month or so but then I lost my motivation. I think I let my love life take over my health life. When I should have been working out I was going out to eat! I need to get my head back in the game, but now I don't fell the restriction like I should and the doctor cant see me until July 3rd. I was banded on my B-day 10/22/08 with a 10cc band and my fill is at 7cc's (want to go to 8cc's) and lost a total of 48 pounds in 7mos. I know that's bad.. not even 10 pounds a month! I think I read that someone was going to do liquids again. Did it help you get back on track? I have to get 10 pound off this month!!!

Hey Seannie!

First of all 48 pounds IS NOT BAD. That's Great:thumbup:. You're supposed to be losing 1-2 pounds per week. By my calculation that's somewhere between 28 & 56 pounds -- you've you've done it!

You can do the 5-day Pounch Test - that remotivates some. Here's the link: Surgical Weight Loss 5 Day Pouch Test

Unfortuneately there's only 2 ways to lose weight - eat less & exercise. I don't know if you can lost 10 pounds by the end of June cuz we only have 3 weeks left. But you certainly should be able to lose some of it.

You can do it!!

Hello guys i'm back and proud to say i'm dowm 56 lbs from 10/22/08

I saw my surgeon on May 27th and despite the heartburn, he added a small amount to my band and told me to take an anti-acid (omeprazole). I had only lost 4 1/2 lbs since my last visit about two months ago. I can eat solids again and actually feel more hungry than before my fill. Wierd. :grouphug:

Hi October Odysseys' ---- Something to think about

I haven't posted here for quite some time but wanted to check in with the group. This week I had to have my band removed due to some complications and although I am devastated at losing it, I've learned a great deal from it and wanted to share.

The one thing my doc continued to tell me is that the band is just a tool and I have to learn the right eating habits & behaviors. I knew she was right but still gave the credit to the band for the 40lbs that I lost. I should have given myself some of that credit because when I came out of surgery and realized that they had to remove it I was a total wreck for a few days thinking that my hopes for continued weight loss were gone. I've had a few days to come to my senses and know that I can only take what I learned in the 8 mos of having the band and put it to good use.

The point that I'm trying to make is that we all need to give ourselves credit for the hard work we're doing and know that if the day comes where it is not working or needs to be removed then we can continue on ( without the "training wheels"). As I tried to make my doctor understand, it is like Dumbo's magic feather; although he could fly alone, he gave the credit to the feather and fell apart when he let it go.

I will always wonder how different my attitude would be if I was never told that they removed it and I went along thinking that I still had it in!

If I can be of any support to anyone who may experience anything similar, just let me know.

I will continue to check in here to see how all of you are doing ( once a "bandster", always a "bandster").

Good Luck to all!

Vee:thumbup:

VEEJEE07--You didn't say why your band had to be removed. I am reading about so many complications after six months with the band it is scary. What symptoms did you have?

Everything seemed to be fine. My last fill was in Feb which seemed fine too. Near mid May, food started to get stuck so we unfilled just a little. I went for a Barium Swallow which was negative so we thought we were okay. I continued to feel that the band was too tight so the doc then completely unfilled me with the expectation that I would feel some relief. I was still unable to get anything down without extreme pain under my sternum area and pain on the left side under my rib area. I'm trying to describe the symptoms because we really don't know exactly what the problem was. I went in to the OR and the doc saw the band in place, no slippage but a whole lot of inflamation and Fluid build up. For lack of a better term, they could only say that my body rejected the band, but there was no infection. I just want everyone to know not to ignore the symptoms if you think things aren't right. I'm really dissapointed that I don't have the band anymore but at the same time I'm relieved that it was removed before anything more serious happened. Just always listen to your body!

Vee

The pouch test is going back to the basics. It will help get carbs out of your system to help with cravings and the theory is that if you slow down and give your pouch time to rest it may help shrink a little if you are stretched.

Some will do this to jump start their loss, some do it after they fall off the wagon to get back into the lifestyle.

You should be able to search it and find more on it. That's just the little I've heard of it.

Hello everyone!

I am just stopping by to say "Hello". How is everyone doing?

Hello Peeps

I'm doing ok but damn the last bit is hard to get off!!!!

Hey everybody!

I'm doing fine too - I guess. I started a boot camp June 1 - I go 5 days a week and it's really helped shape this ol' bod. But no weight loss!!:blink: If fact I gained 4 pounds the first week (just Water weight). I've lost that now, but the scale isn't budging and I'm getting frustrated. My eating's been good too - about 1200-1300 calories per day. The weight should be dropping off me and I can't understand it.

I do have to say though that my clothes are fitting better (I'm shopping in my own closet and wearing things I haven't worn in years). I don't have those "back boobs" anymore!:sad: lol

But that dang scale is mocking me. Any ideas?