Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

?ctober ?dyssey 2008

Yes, I feel colder than usual also. I am usually the hot natured one in my family. But since surgery I am wearing socks, long sweat pants and long sleeves shirts. I am even sleeping with one of those little warm up blankets because my husband is not cold. He sleeps with the fan on. I know I have lost some insulation (fat) but I am miserably cold. Is this a side effect?

Lone Star Loser

I'm thinking it might be the fact that calories = heat, and now we're taking in fewer calories and creating less heat. I'm not sure, but I'm glad to hear I'm not the only one whose internal furnace is on the blink.

I doggone wish I were cooler natured! It was 70 when I left work tonight and am sick of this weird weather!!!

I remember when I first joined this site, before and after pictures were sooo inspiring. I realized I became my own inspiration when I looked at these summer 2008 pictures. Ugh I wish you all knew how much I hate these summer 08 pictures. My face was that of a balloon with lashes:tongue_smilie: I posted new christmas pics. Im about 60 something pounds from my goal, so I know major changes are still awaiting, but so far I think I am doing well.

post-247770-13813137995369_thumb.jpg

post-247770-13813137995603_thumb.jpg

post-247770-13813137995784_thumb.jpg

post-247770-13813137995913_thumb.jpg

Great pictures, LoveIslovely.

I just finally got up the guts to take a look at a before picture. Yikes! I have avoided cameras so assiduously the past few years, I had to ask my brother (the camera nut) if he had any of me I didn't know he had taken. He sent me one - truly, honestly scary!

I'm taking my daughter to get our pictures taken tomorrow - couldn't find time before Christmas so we're doing New Year photos. When they come back, I will post a before & after - if only to assure myself that it's working!

I'm the opposite, I use to be cold all the time. Now I find myself sweating. I believe its because my metablism finally turned ON. It can be uncomfortable because I'm not used to it. Anyone else with this problem?

Just a quick update,

Surgery date Oct 14th 2008

Start weight 295

Jan 6th weight 264

Loss of 31 lbs.

Went to see about a fill yesterday, Said because sometimes food won't go down won't put anymore fliud in have 4 cc in band. Go back March 3rd to see how I am doing. Feeling good just cold at times.

weight.png

LoveIslovely--great new pics! You can SO tell the difference! I finally "let" my kids take some pics of me this year...but I know I still have a long way to go!

My surgery was Oct. 22nd and I've lost 37 lbs. I had my first fill Monday--it wasn't bad. I'm working out 3-5 times a week and am going to TRY to run/walk a 10 mile run this year and possibly a mini-marathon next year! I've started the Couch to 5K training so hopefully can run some by April.

My dh told me last night that my skin is "softer and squishy" now...I told him that was NOT good foreplay! :thumbs_up:

Keep it up!

~~anne

I am a little bored and started messing around so I decided to post some pictures. Our group has been so quiet lately. I hope everything is going well for everyone!

The first pick is from August 2008 when I decided I would get this surgery NO MATTER WHAT!

The second is an "Artsy" picture from today 55 pounds lighter!

August+2008.jpgPicture+41.1.jpg

Julie Ann, you look amazing!!! Size 9 in 09, indeed!!!!! Congrats on all your hard work!!

Thanks everyone for the sweet comments!!! My self esteem is no where near as low as it was when I almost hit 300 pounds. Its amazing what this surgery has done!

Edited by LoveIslovely

wtg u look great@@@@ i was banded oct 20th and i get a 2nd fill tghnis week seems so slow my dr is at letting me get filled,but u look great,how many fills have u had

wtg u look great@@@@ i was banded oct 20th and i get a 2nd fill tghnis week seems so slow my dr is at letting me get filled,but u look great,how many fills have u had

I have had 2 fills. I have 3.5cc in my band. I really think I am at that sweat spot we all hope for. My last fill was last week.

julie.ann - you look lovely. Always fun to rediscover one has a neck!:huh2:

Thanks! It has been a nice discovery. I can't wait until I found out if I have a collar bone!!!!:glare:

Hello everyone!

I kind of disappeared over the holidays, but now I am back. So many of you have made great changes. It reall is exciting!

I am going to post more pictures tomorrow. My head really messes with me, some times I feel like I look a lot different and sometimes, I don't see any change at all.

I think more pics will help. Anyone else have these issues?:huh2: