Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Any October Bandsters!??!?!

Well hello October bandsters, Ii haven't posted in quite some time, the 22nd will make one year and i am proud to say that i have lost a total of 89lbs.....I went fron a size 22-24 to a size 14-16. To all thats just beginning it takes time but you will get there slowely but surely I have 50 more lbs to go hopefully i will make it by my b-day which is in April. Until next time continue to be losers.....lol

Edited by BootyBee

Halloween Challenge:

Julie.Ann----------(16lbs) -1.1, -4.8, biggrin.gif,-1.3, :w00t:

Nazzy--------------(18lbs) -3.0, -2.0, biggrin.gif, cool.gif

CarrieJess----------(5lbs) 0.0, rolleyes.gif, biggrin.gif, cool.gif

GiddyupGrandma-(10lbs) -0.5, rolleyes.gif, biggrin.gif, cool.gif

Ruby124-----------(17lbs) :crying:, rolleyes.gif, biggrin.gif, cool.gif

Annecolorgreen---(10lbs) :thumbup:, rolleyes.gif, biggrin.gif, cool.gif

Sarahp626----------(8lbs) +2.0, -4.61, +1.1,-1.7, :w00t:

Hallfamilyx2-------(10lbs) :(, rolleyes.gif, biggrin.gif, cool.gif

Ewiedbingcott-------(8lbs) -1.0, 0.0, biggrin.gif, cool.gif

Loveislovely -------(8lbs) :blush:, rolleyes.gif, biggrin.gif, cool.gif

Catherine55--------(6.4lbs) :blush:, rolleyes.gif, biggrin.gif, cool.gif

MollyJo-------------(10 lbs) :blush:, rolleyes.gif, biggrin.gif, cool.gif

Great Job Sarah! How about the rest of you. We have hit our Bandiversary Month. How are you doing on our Halloween chanllenge?

Sorry i am so rubbish at reporting in! I have lost 4 pounds in total so im hoping to make my October challenge! I have reached goal but have now decided that i want to lose a bit more so have redone my ticker!

Louie, you are awesome -- and I love it that DH gave you props on your awesome Boot Camp strides!! Isn't it so amazing how far we've all come this past year?!?

Honestly, it was so hard for me to understand a year ago that all of the WL success of the past year would be real. . . But it is!

Gooooooooo October (and all other) bandsters!!!!!

Catherine

Louie, you are awesome -- and I love it that DH gave you props on your awesome Boot Camp strides!! Isn't it so amazing how far we've all come this past year?!?

Honestly, it was so hard for me to understand a year ago that all of the WL success of the past year would be real. . . But it is!

Gooooooooo October (and all other) bandsters!!!!!

Catherine

Just got back from playing tenis with DH - I'm in my off week for boot camp and miss the exercise - now who would have thought that??? And (drum roll please) I lost another 1.5 pounds - Put me down Julie Ann! My bandiverary is Saturday, so I can't imagine making that 50 pound goal by then because I lose oh so slowly, but I'll take the 48!

My sister, who is 8 years older(she'll kill me if she reads this) and was banded 2 months after me, is cruzing along at my pace - just 2 months behind. I love that we've done this together and I think I've convinced her to join a boot camp!!! She's starting next week.

Maybe I'll make that 50 by October 31. Love to you all!

All the October Bandsters how are ya'll doing thus far! I was banded October 15th and I'm doing wonderful! Today is my 1 week mark. They were able to go through my belly button. Which I'm assuming makes recovery time a little easier?! Let me know your thoughts!

Hi I was banded on 10/02/09. And I am so happy I finally did it. But I am so tired of Soup. I am trying of kinds of soup even home maded. lol Any advice?

Put me down ANOTHER 1/2 pound!! Woo Hoo. This 'ole bod (not broad) just hangs on and hangs on and hangs on - then boom. 2 pounds in 2 days. I'll take it!

Went to my bandster doctor last night. I love Dr. D. Since I'm so close to my bandiversary, I gave him a hug and thanked him for what he's done to help turn my life around. Almost 50 pounds lost in a year. I told him that I complain (profusely, I might add) about how slow it is, but the weight is going in the right direction. And when I think of this time last year -- how hopeless I felt -- how consumed I was by what I ate, when I ate too much, how I beat myself up for this slip or that slip (actually my life was a slippery slope - can you tell I live with a philosopher?). So in honor of Catherine here's my list of how my life is different from this time last year:

• Instead of size 18W and 20, and 2X tops, I now wear size 14 and xlarge tops
  • I've lost a total of 38.5 inches off my body - that's over 1 Yard lost:thumbup:. In fact, in the last 3 months, I've lost 13.5 inches because of boot camp, which leads me to ...
  • Boot camp - I joined a boot camp June 1, 2009 and have not looked back. My first camp I could do 24 modified push-ups in a minute. I can now do 10 regular and 28 modified in 1 minute; I could do 43 crunches in a minute; now I do 73. And the first week of camp back in June I ran 1.3 miles in over 16 minutes; I'm still not a fast runner, but I do the same distance is 15 minutes now.:closedeyes:
  • My blood pressure and cholesterol have reduced
  • My mood -- the way I feel about myself and others -- has done a 180
  • I can play (yes, play) with my grandchildren. One of my grandaughters (age 8) takes dance and gymnastics and her idea of fun is to teach me dance moves and to see how far I can raise my leg in the air. I make her do the plank (a boot camp move) for a minute -- and I'm right along side her!
  • I get compliments all the time from family and friends about how much weight I've lost and how great I look.

I know there are some 2009 October bandsters on this thread and I can only wish you have my same - slow - progress. Because, if you do, you will be so incredibly happy this time next year. I look forward to continuing on until I get to my goal. By the way, Dr. D said he thought my goal should be about 177 - I'm still hoping for 160. We'll see - I look forward to finding out who will be right.

Sorry for the long post - hugs to all.

I love your list, Louie!! I couldn't agree more with what you said.

Today is actually my bandiversary. . and I totally have PMS. . . so it's an emotional day for me! I was talking to our receptionist for a few minutes, and three people came by separately and all exclaimed about how great I look, congratulated me, etc. Mind you -- I haven't told anyone in my professional life about the band.

I totally got choked up! Fortunately, only our receptionist knew and she's a sweetheart, so it's fine. It really is a big day for me today, and I am so happy with all of the strides I've made over the last year.

It has felt so good to have a whole year of feeling good about my weight, how I am doing on my diet, and how I am improving my appearance, and I'm looking forward to many many more of the same. I love my band.

Catherine

Dear Catherine:

I wish I'd read your list (on your blog) before I typed mine - I could have added several that you mentioned. One of them is shopping - I love the fact that I can walk into a store and I don't have to go to "Encore" or "Salon Z" or whatever euphemism department stores have for plus size. I especially love it when I pull a size off the rack and the sales lady says, "I really think you should try that in a size 14." I actually had one sales lady plead with me to try a size smaller -- I just couldn't believe that I would fit into that size!

And don't be embarrassed about the "emotional" -- I did the same thing last night with Dr. D -- and I'm post menopausal!

You've been an inspiration to me. Thank you.

I am with you.. I was banded Oct 15 and am sooooooo sick of Soup I could cry (and have cried ).. I was never much of a soup eater .. Chili yes- colored Water No.

I am down 9#

Edited by cruzlady

Halloween Challenge:

Julie.Ann----------(16lbs) -1.1, -4.8, biggrin.gif,-1.3, :w00t:

Nazzy--------------(18lbs) -3.0, -2.0, biggrin.gif, cool.gif

CarrieJess----------(5lbs) 0.0, rolleyes.gif, biggrin.gif, cool.gif

GiddyupGrandma-(10lbs) -0.5, rolleyes.gif, biggrin.gif, cool.gif

Ruby124-----------(17lbs) :crying:, rolleyes.gif, biggrin.gif, cool.gif

Annecolorgreen---(10lbs) :thumbup:, rolleyes.gif, biggrin.gif, cool.gif

Sarahp626----------(8lbs) +2.0, -4.61, +1.1,-1.7, :w00t:

Hallfamilyx2-------(10lbs) :P, rolleyes.gif, biggrin.gif, cool.gif

Ewiedbingcott-------(8lbs) -1.0, 0.0, biggrin.gif, cool.gif

Loveislovely -------(8lbs) :blush:, rolleyes.gif, biggrin.gif, cool.gif

Catherine55--------(6.4lbs) :blush:, rolleyes.gif, biggrin.gif, cool.gif

MollyJo-------------(10 lbs) :blush:, rolleyes.gif, biggrin.gif, cool.gif

Great Job Sarah! How about the rest of you. We have hit our Bandiversary Month. How are you doing on our Halloween chanllenge?

Put down another pound - Can't explain it, but I'll take it

:wub:Hi everyone!!! I am still at 168 lbs!! Which I am thankful for because I am already feeling super slim and now wearing size 4 jeans. I am tall so 168 works well. In addition, I am looking a little bony in the rib area which I do not liek, so I am no longer trying to lose weigh. I now want to continue to maintain, I am doing very well. Eating healthy and running 5 times a week. I have attached two pictures. One is of my tummy, it looks flat but once I bend over I have loose :scared2:skin!! I can deal with it for now. :(

post-247770-13813138823176_thumb.jpg

post-247770-13813138823457_thumb.jpg

You look great Lovely... don't worry about the loose skin, it will snap back in time, you are very young. Give it time...

And keep up the great work. Another Success story.. warms the heart

Wow Lovely! I am so jealous. Sure I have seen 168, but at 5'4" I am still in a 11/12. I can't imagine a size 4!!! Way to go! One year!