Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

First patients to have Realize...let's hear from you!

Hello, I was banded May 7th 08, and am really disappointed. I went last week for another fill --got 1/2 cc. which puts me up to a total of 8cc"s and I've lost only a whopping total of 10 lbs. I think I may be getting some restrictions but not sure. I just hope I am not stretching out my pouch. Sometimes it hurts, but I think it is when I get something stucK. I really have never felt full. I usually just stop. I hope something changes soon. I'm really depressed about this. Hate to know I spent all this money just to lose 10lbs.:):)

Edited by rubberband

Hello, I was banded May 7th 08, and am really disappointed. I went last week for another fill --got 1/2 cc. which puts me up to a total of 8cc"s and I've lost only a whopping total of 10 lbs. I think I may be getting some restrictions but not sure. I just hope I am not stretching out my pouch. Sometimes it hurts, but I think it is when I get something stucK. I really have never felt full. I usually just stop. I hope something changes soon. I'm really depressed about this. Hate to know I spent all this money just to lose 10lbs.:mellow::cool2:

That sucks Rubberband! Even though it hasn't gone the way you have wanted it to go, 10 pounds is very good! It may take you longer to get to a place where you will start losing because everyone's journey is different, but the ending is the same. I wish you the best of luck and when you get down or feel sad, let it out here. We will be here to help you out. :)

I received the Realize Band on Aug. 5 and have lost 19.8 pounds so far. I haven't received a fill because I have enough restriction empty. I use the web site daily. I like the recipes, the encouragement and the tracking of my nutrition and exercise. I have been a slow loser most of my adult life. Almost 20 pounds in just a few weeks is amazing for me. I just pray that it keeps up, that I don't blow it by stretching my pouch, and the fact that I have so much restriction early on isn't because the band has slipped or I have an erosion. So far, life with my band is good. Would I recommend it? Probably not until I have lived with it for a year or so but I wouldn't recommend any WLS until that time. :teeth_smile:

At first, I really enjoyed the Realize web sight but after I started eating "real" food again I quit using it and started using the daily plate. Daily Plate's nutrition information is more complete and easier to use. I still use the Realize sight to track my weight loss. My opinion is to ignore the fact that Realize offers this web site when making decisions about which band to get.

Hello I was banded on Sept.8th and I don't get my first fill until Oct. 8th. I was wondering how many cc can fit in the REALIZE BAND? I tried to find that information on thier website and I was unsuccessful.

Please Help!

Nina

Guest BikiniBeachy

I was banded with my realize band on march 28th of this year. I was the third one my surgeon put in. So far I have lost just shy of 50 lbs which makes me extremely happy. Unfortunately, I am filled to 9cc which is the max so I don't have anywhere to go with my fills but down. It seems as if my weight loss is speeding up the further out from surgery I get... don't know why. I have good restriction and wouldn't want anymore.

Is it more common with the Realize Band to end up fully restricted? Is it always 9cc's in every Realize Band?

Guest BikiniBeachy

I was banded on April 23rd, 08 & I've had 3 fills with a total of 3cc. Apparently my Doc. is pretty conservative but I've lost 50 lbs. so far so I guess I won't complain. Good luck to you all

Hey John! I didn't know you had Realize! You are looking great, and I'll have to catch up on why you choose the Realize band next time I see you in chat. My lateast is obession while I wait for approval is deciding which 'tool' I'll be electing to get :biggrin:

Guest BikiniBeachy

Hate to know I spent all this money just to lose 10lbs.:biggrin::thumbup:

Rubberband, what kind of exercise and diet routine are you using?

The realize band is a 9cc band

Got it, thanks! And what is the typical Lap Band at nowadays. AP 10cc and APLarge 14cc?? I know some people have like 4cc's but that it a while ago right?

Well, I'm going to be NO help at all, as I was banded Sept. 15, but I WILL repeat what my surgeon said, he was trained on this recently and he said it is ALL he WANTS to use, but will vary if Patient feels strongly...I felt both in my hands & the REALIZE band felt sooo good, very different from the hard little bubbles on the LAPBAND. One drawback, it is one size fits all. I've seen, at some point, the outcomes from other countries, (WE are ALWAYS tha LAST!), and they went out 3-5 years and were very positive. Personally, I've had NO problems, but NO restriction 'til Halloween day. I am satisfied!

:lol: Joy

Hello I was banded on oct 2nd 08 all is well so far i had no pain meds in the hospital and havent had any yet my dr. requires an overnight stay in the hospital i was released at 10 am on the 9th went to my daughters school homecomeing football game that night , havent had a fill yet my dr. says not until 4 weeks min. i have talked to 3 of his other realizers that have been 6 months out and good wt loss 30+ lbs and havent been filled at all

Hi I was banded two weeks ago with the realize band. So, I can't contribute much, but I've had no problems. I have NOOOO restriction, so I'm very hungry right now, but hanging in there.

I like the website to track my weight and I've been using it for my food diary, but it's not a deal maker. I find the food lists to not have exactly what i'm looking for, so I may try daily plate as I start eating more food.

I have had the realize band about 4 weeks. I feel that I need a fill. My doctor was out of the country so I am looking for recommendations for fill centers. I live in NJ. So either NJ or Manhattan would be great.