Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

First patients to have Realize...let's hear from you!

Have you had any luck since this post?

Sorry to hear about your slow loosing. I had mine 10-28-09 and have lost 42 lbs.

If you haven't lately, I think you should get together with a Diatition and reveiw your eating habits. They keep a very good eye on me to be sure I'm eating enough or TOO much and eating heathy.

Good luck and stick with it.

Don

Edited by skinnydippn42
change a wrong word I used.

Hi Ya'll,

I just had my latest Doc visit. Found out I was low on Iron and have to start taking Iron tablets. Other than that the Doc said I'm doing very well.

Next moth on my next Doc's appt. I'll also be seeing the Diatition to check on how I'm doing. I still think I'm eating too much at one time, so I'm correcting some of my eating habits. Next Appt I'll probibly be tweeked again. W'll see.

Over than that I'm doing very well and am very happy I've been Banded.

Don

PS: Happy to see the new people that have been Banded. Good luck to all of you and hang in there.

Word of warning Don....iron supplements can cause Constipation. You might wanna ask the Dr if there is anything you can take to help keep the pipes in good working order.

Keep doing what you do....you are making great progress!

Word of warning Don....iron supplements can cause Constipation. You might wanna ask the Dr if there is anything you can take to help keep the pipes in good working order.

Keep doing what you do....you are making great progress!

Thank you, this is only my 1st day on it but will keep that in mind.

I just got a Realize band on 4/1/09. So far so good...down 37 pounds since I began the journey in 11/08.

I guess I can can call myself a member of this club, too! I was Realize Banded on December 29, 2008 and have lost 33.5 pounds. I thought I was losing too slow as compared to others on this site and started to have a bit of "buyers regret", but after discussing my concerns with my surgeon at my last fill, he is happy with my progress ~ despite my port issue complication (which is now fixed :tt1:). I am very careful to log my food on the Realize Website and exercise 5-6 days a week.

I think I will finally have restriction after my next fill (I'm at 5cc now) in 2 weeks.

I'm so glad I did this and am loving the results!

I'm being "Realized" June 1! My surgeon is just now switching over to the Realize...so much so, he hasn't attended the Realize training seminar that's required by the FDA when physicians/hospitals begin to use a new product. So as a result the chief of surgery for the bariatric department will be also in the operating room. Nothing like feeling like a guinea pig...lol. But it's an excellent hospital and the do hundreds of bypasses, just not as many bands. But I have to trust my doctor when he says that placing a band is relatively easy as compared to doing the bypasses.

So assuming I don't come out with the band around my neck instead of my stomach (which could keep me from eating also), then all will be good...lol:thumbup:

Trisha in da Poconos

Hi, I was banded with the Realize band on 9/11/08. I have lost almost 75 lbs since then. It has not been an easy road. It took me a long time to get restriction. I just really go the full restriction or my "sweet spot" with my last fill about 6 weeks ago. That took me to about 8.4cc in my 9cc band. I too get scared that there will be no where else to go once I get to the 9cc point. Although I feel I have good restriction now. I'm worried that I'm 8 months out, and already at 8.4 cc. I'm really happy with my weight loss. I eat right, and I exercise all the time. This has definitely just been a tool for me, and not an easy fix. I got hungry up until my last fill. But.. I would do it all over again if I had to. My only worry is what happens when I'm to the max and haven't lost all my weight. I just feel like I got to an almost max fill really quickly. Good Luck to all of you! I love my band!

Hi, I was banded with the Realize band on 9/11/08. I have lost almost 75 lbs since then. It has not been an easy road. It took me a long time to get restriction. I just really go the full restriction or my "sweet spot" with my last fill about 6 weeks ago. That took me to about 8.4cc in my 9cc band. I too get scared that there will be no where else to go once I get to the 9cc point. Although I feel I have good restriction now. I'm worried that I'm 8 months out, and already at 8.4 cc. I'm really happy with my weight loss. I eat right, and I exercise all the time. This has definitely just been a tool for me, and not an easy fix. I got hungry up until my last fill. But.. I would do it all over again if I had to. My only worry is what happens when I'm to the max and haven't lost all my weight. I just feel like I got to an almost max fill really quickly. Good Luck to all of you! I love my band!

I completely feel you. I think the exact same thing.

I have around 7.5 in my band and hardly any restriction. I go for I think is my 6 fill this Wednesday. I'm hoping to find restriction as my diet has gone to he!!.

From what I keep hearing, the closer we get we won't need as many fills and we will only need tiny fills. So I think there will be plenty of room.

Hi Sandra, I didn't have any restriction at 7 cc either. It took me to my last fill with 8.4 to really feel like I was there. It's starting to loosen up a little now, and sometimes I wonder if I need a tweak, but not sure. I'm hoping just tiny amounts work, as I don't have much room left. You had surgery around the same time as me. Your Dr. was more conservative with your fills ha? Mine put in 5cc at my first fill. I just kept taking more and more, and not getting restriction. I've had 4 or 5 fills I think, and I'm finally at restriciton. Hang in there. You dont have much farther to go until restriction.

Hi, I just had my first fill - 8cc's!!! That was aggressive. It was done under floroscope so it was precise. No wonder I felt no restriction! It will be a new process with the eating. I have the Realize C band which holds 11cc. Not much room left.

WOW! That is agressive. I thought my first one was aggressive at 5cc. I never heard of the Realize C band. Is it new? Guess it doesn't realize what band you have. They all do the same thing. :thumbup: Hopefully you have more restriction now. Be careful!

HI! I was banded with the Realize band on April 26, 2009 and am down 22 pounds as of this morning. My wife also was banded on April 19,2009 ,also with the Realize band, and is down 13 pounds and lots of inches! Are there any other husband and wife teams out there? We go in together on May 31 for our first fills.

The Realize C band is the second generation Realize band. It is precurved, little wider, and a little larger. It holds 11 cc. It is still only being installed by a few surgeons but I think it will soon be all "C" bands.

I was banded with the Realize band 4/24. So far no problems. I am on my second week of mushies, no hunger at all. It seems like I am drinking all the time except for 1 hr after eating. My first fill is 6/22, my Dr likes to wait 8 wk. so you are healed. I have lost 18 lbs since surgery, plus some wt before surgery. Walking every day, was back to work after 2 wks.I feel good. MiMi Teapot