Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

First patients to have Realize...let's hear from you!

I was banded in May with the Realize band. I would like to hear from some of the patients who first had this band inserted last year as it was approved and their success or unsuccessful stories.

Gosh...I guess there isn't anyone out there reading these posts. Maybe I should rephrase and just ask who has met goal with a band has had kept off or not. Would love to hear from those...

I am going to be getting the Realize band here shortly, just have to finish up the pulomnary stuff, etc...

I think people just didn't notice the new forum, I didn't notice it until last night. Plus the FDA didn't actually approve the Realize band in America until December 2007, so anyone who had it placed before are probably from other countries or had to go to other countries. When did you have your Realize band placed? How have things gone so far?

Edited by Bratty_Nicole

I had surgery on 7-10-08 and choose the realized band. Just had a fill last Thursday. (4 cc's) Everything has been going great. Have not been sick or had anything get stuck yet.(knock on wood...lol) 'The really cool part of choosing the realized band....you get special access to the website to personalize your journey. You also get good recipes, its really cool.

I was banded in May with the Realize band. I would like to hear from some of the patients who first had this band inserted last year as it was approved and their success or unsuccessful stories.

I was banded 8-28-08 with the Realize band, I am doing great and I love the access you get to the Realize website you can track success and diet its great

I was banded in May with the Realize band. I love it. I just had my 4th fill last Tuesday which puts me at 6cc's. I think I have reached the sweet spot! Although, eating slow and chewing good is KEY! If I don't it is PAINFUL and end up hiccuping and PB'ing and slimming! I haven't lost real fast but steady. I am so glad I did this!! Good luck to you all!

I was banded with my realize band on march 28th of this year. I was the third one my surgeon put in. So far I have lost just shy of 50 lbs which makes me extremely happy. Unfortunately, I am filled to 9cc which is the max so I don't have anywhere to go with my fills but down. It seems as if my weight loss is speeding up the further out from surgery I get... don't know why. I have good restriction and wouldn't want anymore.

I just got my temp code (the one that lets you use parts of the site, but not the full version- you get that at surgery). I like it so far. It reminds me a lot of Weight Watchers online- food diary, etc. when you enter a food in, it lets you pick specific brands and types, which makes it easier- no trotting to the kitchen to get the package to enter it in every single time. For example, I just entered "oatmeal" and about 30 varieties of oatmeal, Cereal bars, cake, and Cookies came up and it had the Quaker fruit and cream variety I had eaten. When I clicked it, it put it into the diary and told me the fat, Protein, carbs, and calories. Another neat thing it has is that when you add a food, you can also tell it that you had trouble with the food and it will remind you. It also has an easy, clickable Water tracker (little glasses of water that you click when you drink 8oz) and the same for Vitamins. They have a similar thing for exercise. You tell it what you did and how hard and it will tell you approx how many calories you burned. You can set up goals, appointments, etc. You can also opt to share all this information with your doctor so they can check out how and what you're doing. I like it so far!

I just got my temp code (the one that lets you use parts of the site, but not the full version- you get that at surgery). I like it so far. It reminds me a lot of Weight Watchers online- food diary, etc. when you enter a food in, it lets you pick specific brands and types, which makes it easier- no trotting to the kitchen to get the package to enter it in every single time. For example, I just entered "oatmeal" and about 30 varieties of oatmeal, cereal bars, cake, and Cookies came up and it had the Quaker fruit and cream variety I had eaten. When I clicked it, it put it into the diary and told me the fat, Protein, carbs, and calories. Another neat thing it has is that when you add a food, you can also tell it that you had trouble with the food and it will remind you. It also has an easy, clickable Water tracker (little glasses of Water that you click when you drink 8oz) and the same for Vitamins. They have a similar thing for exercise. You tell it what you did and how hard and it will tell you approx how many calories you burned. You can set up goals, appointments, etc. You can also opt to share all this information with your doctor so they can check out how and what you're doing. I like it so far!

Yeah, I have the temp code as well and I have gone through what I can. I am looking forward to really diving into some the features more.

At first, I really enjoyed the Realize web sight but after I started eating "real" food again I quit using it and started using the daily plate. Daily Plate's nutrition information is more complete and easier to use. I still use the Realize sight to track my weight loss. My opinion is to ignore the fact that Realize offers this web site when making decisions about which band to get.

I have the Realize band (8/7/08) but have only had one fill so far, and I need more. So I don't have much info to give yet. I don't use the website; I'm a big computer person, but it just isn't that interesting for me. I'll post more as time goes by and I get more restricted.

I was banded on April 23rd, 08 & I've had 3 fills with a total of 3cc. Apparently my Doc. is pretty conservative but I've lost 50 lbs. so far so I guess I won't complain. Good luck to you all