Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

First patients to have Realize...let's hear from you!

Mimi, did you feel that you needed two weeks or could you have gone back sooner? My daughter had hers on Tuesday and flew back to NYC on Friday and worked Saturday, but felt she could have worked Friday. Mine is on a Monday and I plan to return the following Monday. Just curious if you just had taken that amount off to begin with or is that when you felt you could go back.

thanks

trisha

HI. I took one week off before returning to work. I had no problems.

Pennreporter, I felt good after 1 week but I am a office nurse and my days are very busy. I wanted to make sure I could keep up with my Doc. Plus the weight restriction right after surgery,my surgeon did not want you to drive for a week.So that 2nd week I tried to increase my activity. Actually it worked out well, because my father fracture his hip and I could be with him. I am sure you will do fine going back after a week. MiMi

Mimi, I thought a week would be good also. Surgery is on a Monday, taking that week off and then I have a follow-up on Tuesday of the next week. I'm a court reporter. So clearly nothing physically strenuous about work. Just lifting briefcase in and out of car and driving. I will dump as much out of the briefcase as possible to lighten the load. I could see if you are moving and grooving up on your feet all day where you might need more time.

thanks

Trisha

Hi, I just had my first fill - 8cc's!!! That was aggressive. It was done under floroscope so it was precise. No wonder I felt no restriction! It will be a new process with the eating. I have the Realize C band which holds 11cc. Not much room left.

I also have the realize C band. Your doctor is really nice that he gave you 8 cc the first time. I've had 5 fills (today the fifth) so far, and I am only up to 5.9 cc. Besides the first fill of 4.4 cc, the PA has only been willing to give me 0.5 cc each time. I didn't have restriction for the first four fills. I really hope that today's fill will work out better than the previous four.

Finnaly made it back,

Sorry I have not been on for awhile. Really not much of an excuse.

I have only lost 2 lbs this past month but have lost a lot of inches. Sence my surgery I have lost 43 lbs, but have lost 22 inches if you add them all together. I had fun last week, I went through my closit and took out all the cloths I could not wear. I went from 2XL(XXL) to 1XL(XL). I found and took out 20 shirts & one pair of pants. :smile: That made me feel good.

Glad to hear most everyone is doing well & progressing in the right dirrection.

I seen the post op Doc last week and also the diatision to make sure I was still on track. Everything was ok in that department.

To all us loosers, (that's a good thing)

Don

Emma, I have not been banded yet, but will be next Monday. Met with PA today for pre-surgery consult and that was a question I asked, how much fill on the first time and they only do 1cc at a time. So guess I'll be visiting a lot...:blush:

Trish

Emma, I have not been banded yet, but will be next Monday. Met with PA today for pre-surgery consult and that was a question I asked, how much fill on the first time and they only do 1cc at a time. So guess I'll be visiting a lot...:blush:

Trish

Trish,

You may want to ask your doctor what his fill schedule is like. This is something I never thought to ask, I simply assumed that it would be much like everyone elses. Well my first fill was at 5 wks and my 2nd fill was not scheduled until 12 WEEKS LATER!!!

I thought there must be a mistake on the appt card so I called to verify. The girl at the appt desk said no that was correct that fills are scheduled 3 months apart.

So word to the wise, ask up front what to expect.

~Monica

thanks for that bit of info. Never would have thought to ask that. I know my first fill is at 6 weeks. But I will ask Monday when I go to check in what their schedule is.

Trisha

My dr did the first fill at 4 weeks and then scheduled every month. I am now at 6.5 cc and I have great restriction. I did skip a couple of months and have not been in for the last two months. I am still fairly tight in the morning, so I have yogurt or oatmeal for Breakfast and can eat harder foods for lunch and dinner.< /p>

I got my first fill yesterday, 4cc. The doctor had me drink Water as he filled me. At about 5cc I couldn't swallow, he then withdrew 1 cc and that was it. No pain!:( My next fill is in 2 months.

I had my first fill a couple of weeks ago. My surgeon does them under floro. She put in 3 cc and had me swallow some photo contrast, then backed out .5cc because it was too tight (I had a previous band, post op infection, band out - so I have a little scaring that might make things a bit tighter than usual.) I can feel the difference from no fill, but I suspect I still need a little more.

Now 2 weeks out, I actually feel it more than I did at first. Maybe it depends on where I'm at hormonally. ;-)

I've lost almost 20lbs since my 2nd band went in, slow, but progress. I've lost about 2lbs since I got this fill. (My surgeon says I've lost more, but I think her measurements are off due to variations in clothing (heavy winter suede skirts, sweaters etc, and hydration issues - drinking a couple of liters of Water before an appointment vs naked, same time, every day in my bathroom on a balance beam scale) I'd like my progress to be faster, but I'll take what I've got!

Always ;-)

Hunzi

Yes Phyllser & everyone,

I made it back. Thank you for asking.

There's Good news & there's Good news.

I have not been losing for the past 2-3 weeks but have been losing "inches", but have started losing again. Even better news is I am now OFF all my blood pressure meds AND all my Diabetic meds, also cut my cholesterol meds in half. I have my next appt with my family Doc in Sept and "might" be able to get off the rest of my meds. It sure is strange to get up in the morning and all I have to take is my Vitamins, etc.

I’m now down 47 lbs. I see my post op-Doc (Dr. Low) on June 30th. I’m not sure if she will give me a fill or not. Well see.

I see everyone is doing very good.

Keep up the good work,

Don

I was had the Realize band in Sept 08, have had 2 fills. The first fill was 1/2cc and the second was 2 months ago of 2cc. I am really struggling, not losing weight and can still eat the house and everything in it. I can't get in to see my doc for 6 more weeks. :thumbdown:

weight.png

Create Your Own Ticker