Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

First patients to have Realize...let's hear from you!

Thank you, WOW, it sure is tight, but I'm doing better day by Day. I sure had to change my eating habits. I'm eating a little bit more each day, still not getting the amount of food or Water I'm suppost to but it's hurting less as I eat & drink. I'm at 37 lbs down for the last 3 days. That might be a good thing as I continue to adjust to this last fill.

(From a different post) You said that when you 1st get a fill you have swelling, that's one of the quetions I was going to ask, WHY the pain?? That pretty much explains it. THANKS.

My 1st fill did not feel like much of a restriction but this 2nd one made me feel what a "REAL" restiction is like. It got my attention right away.

Just hanging in there and trying to understand what "THE BAND" is telling me.

Thanks to everyone for the help & incouragement.

Don

Don - it sounds like you are doing well. Your swelling should be down by now - it's been about 6 days since your fill. You should be able to eat between 1/2 and 1 cup of food at least - and definitely be able to eat solid Protein (meat) by cutting small pieces and chewing it to liquid. 3-4 oz of Protein per meal eaten first, then your lowcarb vegies, and last any starches (if you have room). Your losses with the help of this fill are really good. I have good restriction right now, too - but still losing slowly. I think that is just my pattern. I am supposed to go in tomorrow for another fill, but I think I will pass this one up. My restriction is pretty good, as I said, and DH and I are going out of the country (to Korea to visit with DD and her family who are posted there with the Army) for the month of April. I would rather be a little bit looser than to be too tight during and after the long flights to get there and home again. I don't need a lot of help to keep things under control.

Keep up your good work!

I was banded with the Realize band on January 4, 2008 and have loved EVERY minute of my new life. I have said it before and will (likely) say it again ... the choice of which band is not the question, it is how you chose to use it!

I have come to a realization (pun intended) about my band. It is kind of like a gym membership. If you belong to a gym and never go ... it doesn't work. Bear with me, my 'epiphany' will make sense, I promise!

Regardless of which band you choose, how much restriction you have/don't have or how many side effects you do/don't have, it is only a tool. The simple fact about the band is that if have a band and never use or misuse it ... it doesn't work, either!

I could get preachy and stand on my soap box, but I think my point is clear. If you eat right, MOVE, and follow the advice of your surgeon, your chances of success are high! This is up to you, not the choice of band.

You are joining the gym ... make sure you use it!

I was banded with the Realize band on January 4, 2008 and have loved EVERY minute of my new life. I have said it before and will (likely) say it again ... the choice of which band is not the question, it is how you chose to use it!

I have come to a realization (pun intended) about my band. It is kind of like a gym membership. If you belong to a gym and never go ... it doesn't work. Bear with me, my 'epiphany' will make sense, I promise!

Regardless of which band you choose, how much restriction you have/don't have or how many side effects you do/don't have, it is only a tool. The simple fact about the band is that if have a band and never use or misuse it ... it doesn't work, either!

I could get preachy and stand on my soap box, but I think my point is clear. If you eat right, MOVE, and follow the advice of your surgeon, your chances of success are high! This is up to you, not the choice of band.

You are joining the gym ... make sure you use it!

GREAT post even though I don't like gyms!!!!!:frown:

GREAT post even though I don't like gyms!!!!!:frown:

My girlfriend (who's banded) put it to me like this.....

consider your band to be like a gym membership that comes and drags you off the couch and forces you to participate!!

I am having a realize band on 3/26 (3 days away) I'm looking forward to my new life, can't get here soon enough for me!

Sandra I am from GA also. Where were you banded and where do you get your fills. I am being banded 6/09 and will use Fill USA in Roswell.

Kelly

Looks like I just joined the club!

My surgeon implanted a Realize band on March 31st. She had told me pre-op that she thought she'd use a Lapband AP, but she planned to bring all types into the OR because this is a 2nd band for me, first one was pulled due to a surgical complication that resulted in a leak and infection.

So when I woke up, she told me she had used a Realize band, because there was some scar tissue between my stomach, liver and diaphram, and she felt the wider band would give me a better chance of avoiding a slippage later on.

So Realize it is!

I'm toying with the website now. It's ok, but I do like Daily Plate more. I think I'll probably use both, Realize for my surgeon's benefit, and Daily Plate for mine (and to get all the nutritional info to enter into Realize which didn't have any of the Vitamins etc I take and like to track.

Here's to an awesome adventure!

Always ;-)

Hunzi

Congratulations Hunzi!!!!

I know you are thrilled, since this is your 2nd time around there shouldn't be too much in the way of suprises for you. I hope that the Relize band will do the trick for you this time.

Good luck and let us know how you are doing!!!

Hi everyone,

I'm now almost three weeks after my 2nd fill (Total of 4 CC's) Doing much better. The last three days I have been able to drink my 8 glasses of fluids and eating much better.

NOW I know what restriction really is. Lost about 6-7 lbs the first week, now down 10lbs sents the 2nd fill for a total of 40 lbs down. Feels good to break into the 40's.

Doing better each day learning what Band is telling me.

I am Burbing a lot, but no vomiting. My nurse said it was called Productive Burbing. In most cases it's telling you the new poutch is full. Do different people explain it differently?

Finally feeling better about my newer fill.

Don

Congratulation on the progress Don!!!

I was just banded on 4/1/09 with the Realize Band. Everything is going very well so far. I think the main differences between Lap/Realize is the Realize website which acts as sort of a coach where you can track everything...weight, measurements, photos, food consumption, exercise, fill level, etc. The key is that your surgeons office can view your site and keep track of you. They also get alerted when something goes awry (ie. weight gain) so that they can get you back on track quickly. The other main advantage that I see is that the port is about half the size of the Lapband. And, it's made of hard plastic (except where the needle goes) which will prevent punctures in case they miss on a fill.

Anyway, very happy with my band and the total experience so far.

I was banded 3/23/09 with the realize band. I won't have my first full until the 1st week of may. I am loosing some weight, but I don't feel much restriction, but I'm trying to be carful anyway. Eating slow is tough!

I was banded in May with the Realize band. I love it. I just had my 4th fill last Tuesday which puts me at 6cc's. I think I have reached the sweet spot! Although, eating slow and chewing good is KEY! If I don't it is PAINFUL and end up hiccuping and PB'ing and slimming! I haven't lost real fast but steady. I am so glad I did this!! Good luck to you all!

I've heard of "dumping" before, but not slimming.

What is slimming?

Hello, I was banded May 7th 08, and am really disappointed. I went last week for another fill --got 1/2 cc. which puts me up to a total of 8cc"s and I've lost only a whopping total of 10 lbs. I think I may be getting some restrictions but not sure. I just hope I am not stretching out my pouch. Sometimes it hurts, but I think it is when I get something stucK. I really have never felt full. I usually just stop. I hope something changes soon. I'm really depressed about this. Hate to know I spent all this money just to lose 10lbs.:blink::tt2:

Have you had any luck since this post?