Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Hi ladies!

I'm Kim, I live in Atlanta, GA and I just got my surgery date 11/7 today!:tongue::tongue:

I'm a 28 yr old proffessional, single, no-kids.

I have a kitten Roxxy and bunny rabbit Nala.

I'm originally from Anchorage Alaska and lived there for 23 years.

I'm outgoing and love socializing.

Kayaking, camping and fishing keep me grounded.

Music and the arts are some of my must-haves.

I love spending time with my family and friends.

I want to belly dance, take burlesque classes, and kick boxing.

I can't wait to start on my lapband journey and start my life!

Hi Kim,

I am just beginning the journey. I am doing as much research as I can. Tomorrow, I'm checking out an informational session, but I think I will be going with a different surgeon. DOesn't hurt to shop around. After all, this is a pretty bug decision!

:smile:i am 36 and a mother of 3. they are the main reason i want to have the surgery. i want to be around as long as i can. the more weight i gain, the more miserable i get. i love to dance. i am ready for the change.

Edited by zett974

Hi,

I am a 32 year old mother of one beautiful daughter. I live in the Washington, DC area...and was banded on this past Wednesday, October 1st. I am happily married with a very supportive husband. I work in the Human Resources field, in Employee Relations. I love my job, each day is different. You never know what idiotic thing an employee is going to do or say to require my intervention. I actually love working out but I have a problem being consistent. I enjoy Body Jam, Kickboxing, Step Aerobics..any kind of structured classes. I am looking forward to this journey. So far so good...

Hi ladies. My name is Lisette,most of my friends call me zettie. I am 36 years old, turning 37 in 14 more days. Time is going by. I have 3 kids, ages 9,7, and 4. I work in the healthcare field and I'm currently going to school for health care administration. Which i eventually hope to continue and get my RN degree. The medical field is something I love. I've been it for about 15 years. Originally from NY and currently in NC.This forum is so great. I'm calling my pcp tomorrow to schedule an appt. so i can get the ball rolling. It's good to know there are other people out there for support.

Welcome ladies.. I know you will find all the support you need plus with this forum. I've come to think of the ladies on this group as sisters.

Chokolateqt I'm also in the DC area. I live in Suitland Md. I'm scheduled to be banded on October 23rd. Which doctor did you go to? If you need a work out buddy let me know we can motiviate each other.

My name is Deyona. I'm from Duluth, MN. I was banded on Friday. My stomach is sore but I'm off the Lortab. It made me feel sicker than the band. I lost 12 pounds during pre-op. Here I go.:tt2:

Welcome to all the newbies!:thumbup:

I'm moving right along - have a loooong appointment on Thursday to do a (hopefully) final education session with the bariatric surgery team. I'm hoping that shortly after that, I'll get an appointment for pre-op stuff and an appointment to be banded!

I was hoping to be banded already, but things happen on a schedule that I don't control :tt2: I'll just be glad to get the scale moving on a DOWNWARD path!

Will let y'all know how the education session goes - wish me luck!:)

Edited by EbonyRose

Im Shadia

Im 33 and engaged to be married on This Friday!

I have no children (one grown step daughter)

I live in The ATL

I work for a fab fortune 500 law firm

I love shopping (even as a plus sized girl)

I love music, reading, movies and entertaining

I love spending time with my family and friends.

I want to take a pole dancing class and wear the gear to match!

My insurance plan will be covering the lap band for the first time starting 1/09.

Im just beginning my journey and I cannot wait for the ride! :)

Hey Shadia,

Congrats on your impending marriage - may you and your hubby be happy, healthy and have a long, loving marriage.

I love to shop too - I can only imaging how I'll be when I get to a smaller size! I can't wait - I've already bought some things for my 'transition' wardrobe once I'm banded! :)

I want to take a pole dancing class too - in fact, one of the threads on this board was about some members' experience with a pole dancing class at their local aerobics studio - you might be able to find it via a search. I want to wait until I'm not as heavy before beginning...I don't know if I could hold ME up right now! :eek:

Welcome!:thumbup:

I am a 62 year old grandmother with 3 adult children and 4 grandchildren. Retired 8 years ago and work at my local church. Love reading books by Black authors; travel; and justing hanging out with special friends.

im daqui

im from tx married with 1 son

i love reading & writing

i just started my lap band journey

i look forward to getting to know as many people as possble & sharing this experience with people who understand.