Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

My name is Lakeisha and I am 33.

Born and Raised in Houston Texas.

Married for 8 years. Five children ( two of my own and three from my husband's prior marriage)

I work for a major retail electric company.

I am sick of struggling with my weight and I have been doing that for over 18 years. I am waiting for insurance approval and hope to have a date set for August before my birthday on the 24th.:)

I'm Vanessa.

I'm 33 years old.

I live in Houston, Tx.

I'm an educator.

Been married 3 years to a wonderful man who accepts me as I am.

I'm determined to loose 120 pounds.

Excited about my appointment at True Results tomorrow.

After loosing the weight, I want to travel to a sunny beach and sport a bikini for the first time in my life and wear something couture!

Edited by likeitsgolden75
not positive

I'm Vanessa.

I'm 33 years old.

I live in Houston, Tx.

I'm an educator.

Been married 3 years to a wonderful man who accepts me as I am.

I'm determined to loose 120 pounds.

Excited about my appointment at True Results tomorrow.

After loosing the weight, I want to travel to a sunny beach and sport a bikini for the first time in my life and wear something couture!

Hey Vanessa! I went to TR in houston too! They have been great! Good luck!:smile2:

Well here is who I am.

Turning 42 in Sept.

Married: 9. 5 years: No kids (DINK; Double income No kids)

I am Finance Analyst at major So Cal University and my husband is Police Officer . ( I have not mentioned the thought of surg yet... I guess I will tell him on the way to the hospital :). Ya know the type... " I love just like you are... I love the curves... Has he seen my ankles lately??? Felt the pain in my back??? or felt my underwear roll under my tummy when I sit down or stand up????:smile2:

2 Labs ( Black girl: CLEO Yellow boy: Bailey).

Live in Rancho Cuamonga and work 60 miles from home.

Have Kaiser through my job and Blue Cross through my second job.

Have appointment with Kaiser on Tuesday to get labs done and sent to Coastal Center for Obesity plus EKG.

5'7" BMI is 46 ( ain't that a shame)

Cheerleader in High School and College ( 160lbs) always thick and fit

Now is time to get my sexy back. and get some cute drawzzz that won't roll.

Hi, I'm Trish and I live in Pueblo, Colorado. I have been overweight most of my life. I have been to the seminar last week, and have my first appointment with the surgeon on July 30th. I have Type 2 diabetes, high blood pressure and sleep apnea and I just want to be healthy. I"m married to a wonderful man for 17 years. I have no children of my own, but I have 3 wonderful step-children who have blessed me with grandchildren! I hope to be banded before the summer is over and lose enough for my husband to buy me something sexy from Victoria's Secret for my birthday in November! LOL I'm glad I found this forum. I usually post on ObesityHelp.com on the BAF (Black American Forum). Looking forward to many spirited posts on this board! God Bless you all!:confused_smile:

Hello my name is Angel.

I am 24 years old.

I'm from Chattanooga, Tn.

I don't have any kids and I am single.

I Have been overweight my whole life.

I have never lived like a real person, I have always made myself an outcast due to my weight.

My sister had the gastric bypass 2 years ago.

I can't wait to get life started with the lap band :biggrin2:

Welcome to our humble and sometimes hilarious social group!:embaressed_smile: Have you started the process (insurance approval)?

Here I go:

I am 37.

I am a single parent with a14 year old son.

I live in Brooklyn, NY.

I work in IT.

I am ready to start living and enjoying life.

Welcome to our humble and sometimes hilarious social group!:embaressed_smile: Have you started the process (insurance approval)?

Thanks. I was kicked off of my mamas insurance right when I turned 24 and decided to have the surgery. No one else would give me insurance at a reasonable price so I applied for different loans. Finally CareCredit.com came through and my consultation date is set for July 24th. Now all I have to do is hope the surgeon I want will accept CareCredit.

Hello ladies,

I am soooooo glad I found this forum. I am keeping my surgery a super secret and have no one to talk to about it. To imagine I could find a group of women like me to discuss it with is so wonderful. Here is a little about me:

• Single, no kids (want to be married and have kids)
  • Professional business woman (being vague just in case someone I know is on here)
  • Live alone (just got out of a relationship with someone I thought was the one--I was wrong)
  • 5'4'', weighing in at 282 (ouch!!!) and always been heavy
  • Love Miami, and this group of wonderful women.

hi all

I am Lana from Sacramento

Was married have 3 kids

live with fiance he has 2 kids

work in 2nd largest law firm in the world

Am greatful for the opportunity to experience the band and the possibility of a normal weight. Can't wait to wear a bikini for the first time in adult life.

Who am I....

My name is Yettia

Nickname: Muffie

Born and Raised in New Orleans

Mother of 1 beautiful 5 year old daughter

Engaged

Master's level Social Worker

OOP-OOOP! Member of Delta Sigma Theta Sorority, Inc. Epsilon Chi

No matter my size, when I walk in a room I know I am the finest thang in there. That's how my mama raised me.

I live next door to my maternal grandmother. (did you really need to know that)lol

Currently watching Martin (season 2 DVD)

Will be banded on 7/17..Hooray

Dr. Treen (Surgical Clinics of Louisiana) New Orleans Location

:)

welcome lana and yettia

yettia: skee wee lil sister skee wee (I couldn't resist); I love your self confidence!

holla!

"Aprilapple" did you see ya'll little AKA Barbie. She is really cute. Saying that with much sarcasm in my voice. Yuck, lol. :)