Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Hi Everyone,

I am Renee.

I live in So California.

I have a 21 year old daughter that just graduated college (Happy, Proud MOM)

I am a corporate trainer in the pharmaceutical industry.

I love being me, just want to be less of me (Smile)

I enjoy music, traveling and mind/logic games and puzzles.

Hi Everyone,

I am Renee.

I live in So California.

I am 37 and 5'3"

I have a 21 year old daughter that just graduated college (Happy, Proud MOM)

I am a corporate trainer in the pharmaceutical industry.

I love being me, just want to be less of me (Smile)

I enjoy music, traveling and mind/logic games and puzzles.

I also have a very spoiled Diva Dog nammed Sammy. She is a Lhasa Apso. I have no children so I spoil the dog. If she only knew how lucky she is. LOL

I was banded 6/18/08

Hey Ladies....

My name is Michi

I am 33

I 5'3

I live in Atlanta, GA

I am single....but I have a wonderful, supportive boyfriend :smile:

I don't have any kids....yet

I am a project manager

I have a slight additiction to shoes (currently refusing rehab...no, no, NO!)

I was banded on May 6th 2008 because I love me some me!! and I need to start taking better care of myself.

You all keep me inspired....thanks!

Hi My name is Lorna

I am 54 years old and have been married for 32 years

I am a program manager for the Defense Department and live in Northern Virginia

I have a 28 year old daughter

I am originally from New Orleans

I will be banded this Friday, one more day and a wake up

I am happy, frightened, and go from being great with it to what am I thinking

I finally decided to take my life and health back from years of just getting bigger and bigger

Now it is not about how I will look so much as how I will feel

I have been on the preop diet for 9 days and lost 10.5 pounds Never though I could do liquids for this long, but then I never though I would get banded either:thumbup:

Nice to meet everyone!

Here's a little about me:

My Name is Lexy, I am 28 (29 in the 26th). I am a pround wife and mommy to an 8 year old and a 5 year old. I am an Executive Administrator and a Weddng/Event Planner. I am from/live in Philly!

I decided to get the Lap Band because plain and simple, I was tired of being fat and having high blood pressure. Once I had to start taking meds, that was it!

I am doing well so far - this was the best decision I have ever made! :scared2:

Please feel free to read my blog! :smile:

I am Tammy ,50 years old, and loving it.

I am originally from Los Angeles, and have lived in South Carolina since the early 90's.

I have been married to my wonderful husband for 23 years and he will join me as a banded person this fall.

We have a 23 yr. old daughter who has just graduated from Hampton University (Go Pirates!)

I have been a registered nurse for about 30 years. Currently I teach nursing in a local university.

My interests include travel, West African and Carribbean art, and encouraging women of color toward higher education.

I love this forum and enjoy learning from all of you!

Hi,

My name is Debbie.

I'm 53 years old and am struggling with insurance.

I am totally blind, and work as a switchboard operator for an organization for the blind in southern California.

I am a pianist, and hav performed in New York, and have traveled to England. I have recorded a couple of CD's, one original.

I'm struggling with insurance, and hoping to get things started so I can be banded.

I'm Crishell. From Central VA. Will be 40 on August 14.

Single, never married, no kids, but one niece (10), one nephew(9), one god daughter (21) and one god son(15). I am about to be a "godmother grandma" (as it was explained to me) in November. But I have no time for babysitting these days. I am enjoying living my new thinner life. I work in health care.

Had surgery 1/19/07. Highest weight ever was 368. Surgery day weight was 300.5. Current weight is 225. Just got back from a cruise this past Sunday so gotta get back on track with my eating and exercise routine. Been a member of Curves for past year and half. Tried a six week belly dancing class in May because was interested in it and figured would be a good way to get in some more exercise. I had fun. Looking forward to getting out of the 220's and reaching Onderland!!

Renee:

First congratulation on your decision, and I wish you luck your weigh loss.

I too live in So.Cal and would be interested to know who did your band. At this time I am having a problem with the doctor I have chosen and I might be looking for another dr.

Tammy:

Congratulations on your decision to get the band, I hope to join all of you soon. I might have to change Dr's to get my band, but I am determined. It's for my health.

You are also lucky that your husband is going to join you, because he does understand about your struggle. My husband (of 30 Yrs) still thinks I should be able to just stop eating and that should solve the problem. After all these years he should know that isn't going to work.

My son Patrick is also a Hampton graduate (2005) as is his fiance. they are both my major support. :thumbup:

I am 38

Married for 17 years with 2 beautiful daughters (16 &9)

I live in Greensboro, NC (transplanted form Strong Island, NY)

I am a social worker

....and I too am an intovert. I often question if I would be had I not battled with my weight since childhood.

"I was banded all the way back in March of 2004, lost a grand total of 25 pounds and "lost the follow up".

We moved from NY to NC and to be honest I was so busy taking care of everything and everybody else, I forgot about ME.

.....So here I am 4 years later determined to be the best me I can be. I finally obtained all of my medical records and found a Dr. in my area. I had my first fill 5/1/08 (prior to this I had no restriction and could eat just about anybody under the table:biggrin:). Since then I have lost 17 and am so grateful.

I truly believed that perhaps the Lap band just didn't work for me. Now I know that it can and it does, if I use it as the tool it was meant to be."

Okay Ladies, we should start some topics!!

Tammy:

Congratulations on your decision to get the band, I hope to join all of you soon. I might have to change Dr's to get my band, but I am determined. It's for my health.

You are also lucky that your husband is going to join you, because he does understand about your struggle. My husband (of 30 Yrs) still thinks I should be able to just stop eating and that should solve the problem. After all these years he should know that isn't going to work.

My son Patrick is also a Hampton graduate (2005) as is his fiance. they are both my major support. :thumbup:

Thank you, TravelLady. We are all pulling for you! People who are not obese often do not really understand our struggle. It may take a minute for your husband. But as you get finer, he will become a convert. YEA for your son and future daughter-in-law! Us Hampton folk got to stick together!

Tammygirl

I'm down:wink2: I'll start a master thread on our forum and we can shoot the breeze. we can also start threads with specific topics.