Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Hi my names is Tannie

I live on Long Island (as far east as you can picture :))

I work in a group home for develpmentally disabled individuals and I love my job.

I like doing arts and crafts and spending time with my nephew.

I just began my weightloss journey. My surgery was 9/30...so I'm a newbie.

I began my WLS at 250LBS and I hope to get down to atleast 140LBS.

Thanks in advance to everyone for their support.You'll be seeing more of me....oh wait LESS of me. LOL:lol:

Ladies, thank you all for the warm welcome!

There is so much positive support in this group I love it :thumbup:. I want to congratulate all of you, no matter where you are in your journey. I think it takes a lot of courage and strength to take matters into your own hands and decide to change your lifestyle. I look forward to learning and sharing with you all! We can do this! :crying:.

BTW: If any of you ladies are in Atlanta, GA or close by I would love to build a local support cirlce. Get in touch with me and lets talk.

Welcome all the new ladies! Im so glad I found this forum, it really helps to have someone like me going through this thing also.

Ebony Rose: I too am waiting till I lose a little of this jelly before hopping on the pole. I cant wait though. I think I'd be good at it!

It is so wonderful to see how many people have joined this forum! Welcome to everyone, and good luck to you all on your journies!

NFaith,

Hey There

I was banded and went to Day One Health--900 N. Michigan Avenue (Water tower Place)-- and self paid for fills before I got insurance approval for coverage. You pay $250 under fluoroscopy or $100 blind. Best regards.

Hi Ladies,

My name is Sheena. I live in the metro Chicagoland area. I was lapbanded in Nov 2006. I was a self-pay patient and went to Mexico to Dr. Ortiz. Wonderful experience--first hospital/surgical experience.

For the past 20 months, I had been plagued with fills and unfills...stress induced stoma occlusions, then most recently pouch dilation that led to band slippage..This resulted in being horribly sick for 4 days...no water/food tolerance/dehydration...immediate emergency surgery for band removal. Immediately, I began researching new weight loss surgery options and have concluded that my best option seems to be the vertical sleeve gastrectomy.

I am single, no children, very supportive boyfriend and mother. I serve as a college administrator, and am a member of Delta Sigma Theta...OO-OOP!

I shared the decision with most folks in my life regarding lapbanding; however, because everyone felt like I should have given up the band far soon than I did, I have decided to not share this decision...they'd think I am really crazy...

My doctor has confirmed coverage by my insurance and his skill in performing the procedure. Of course, I have a page full of questions; however, I am certain that his immediate response again will be let's wrap up your recovery and then plan the next step. I am already there...

As I work in college administration, I am hopeful to fast track this process. I believe that the most forgiving time for wls is between November Thanksgiving break and the return of the new semester in January. Therefore, I am most interested in having my wls during this time period. We will see.

Best regards to all!