Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Was excited to come home from camping and see some activity here! I am doing good. Still maintaining, though would like to get to the lower end of my range. I went to the nutritionist last week and she gave me some 'tweaks' to what I am doing and will see if that does the trick. One such tweak was instead of eating my kashi with skim milk in the mornings to put 2 TBSP of Kashi Go lean in a Dannon light and fit yogurt. She said more Protein and would make me full longer, and boy does it! I can't even eat the whole yogurt container.

Went shopping with DD last week and am now the owner of a few new pairs of size 8's!! So maybe the one size 8 I had wasn't a fluke after all!! Though some styles I still need a 10 but that's okay I'll take it!

well guyz... it's been a while... not even gonna try to catch back up on boards since I was in last...

been lurking for a while... been doing the yo yo with weight and exercise but have been moving in the right direction for most part.

made it to ONEDERLAND and then....

bottom fell out of marraige and my world... and it's on my end... enuf said

so old habits kicked in and I have been eating way to much of stuff i shouldn't... candy and lots of carbs... and got aunt flo at the same time:angry:

so back up to 205... it will come off fast though

working through things... seeing a counselor finally:ohmy: and I think that I will start seeing things more clearly and maybe make some decisions with me in mind ... and not just stay with what is familiar even if it is not what makes me happy...

nothing to be worried about as far as being in an abusive situation physically or anything ... just alot of muddy Water under the bridge with the hubby ... and not sure if we can get thru it with the new baggage ive added...

guilt and shame are hard to work through I have discovered... balance that with the fact that I have found a new self confidence and assurance and I give a counselor a run for the money.... arrrgggg

well... didn't mean to bring a dark cloud to the otherwise great news in the posts... but surely I can not be the only one going through something like this????

Huggie,

So sorry to hear of all you have been through, but good for you for getting back on track and getting some counselling to get things going in the right direction again. You'll be back in 'onederland' in no time! Come back and post again. This thread has gotten so quiet, I miss everyone.

I have Cigna insurance, I was woundering did they cover all or how much was you out of pocket. I have not yet done the procedure.

Huggie,

So sorry to hear of all you have been through, but good for you for getting back on track and getting some counselling to get things going in the right direction again. You'll be back in 'onederland' in no time! Come back and post again. This thread has gotten so quiet, I miss everyone.

I miss everyone too!! I should really be in bed, but I'm not. I was planning on attempting to get back on a schedule this week before starting work next week. Yeah, not going to happen! I'm going to see Keith Urban tomorrow night and I can't wait. The last time I went was the day after I saw my gyn who suggested I look into the surgery. I didn't fit in the seats. I'm pretty excited to go tomorrow night. Should be fun! I really don't want to go back to work. I've gotten in such a good exercising schedule this summer and am really afraid that I'm not going to be able to get up early enough to get it done. Guess it's gotta be mind over matter... We'll my sisters have decided to throw me a 30th bday bash at Dave and Busters. It's my absolute favorite place (it's a Chuck E. cheese for adults :blushing:). I am actually excited about turning 30. I feel like everything has fallen into place...my 30's are going to be great! Hope everyone is doing well! I miss you guys!!

:w00t:

Jennifer

Oh and Long (aka Great :thumbup:) our trackers say the exact same thing...136 lost, 10 to go. I love how we've stayed so close to the same throughout this whole process!!

Hi, all. its been awhile.. I am at goal and have been for awhile. infact below original. Got my last fill a month or so ago, and finally have restriction. and thought i was at my sweet spot. However I have been having acid reflux and sometimes can't keep things down. Do I get a un fill. Concentrate on taking sm. bites? I wear a mask for sleep apnea, and in the middle of the night I have to rip it off, feel like I either have to cough, or can't get air??? opinions>>>>> thanks Judy

Hi, all. its been awhile.. I am at goal and have been for awhile. infact below original. Got my last fill a month or so ago, and finally have restriction. and thought i was at my sweet spot. However I have been having acid reflux and sometimes can't keep things down. Do I get a un fill. Concentrate on taking sm. bites? I wear a mask for sleep apnea, and in the middle of the night I have to rip it off, feel like I either have to cough, or can't get air??? opinions>>>>> thanks Judy

Judy, get a small unfill. The same thing happened to me a few months ago. They said that was reflux and it can be dangerous to the band and cause it to slip. I loved that tight of restriction though. Congrats on being at or below goal! I am at goal and hoping to get a little below goal.

Hey everyone. I just wanted to say HI. I have been really good, just busy with life and family. Seems like the older my girls get, the more things we have to do. My oldest started kindergarten and I am finishing my Masters. Should be done in May if I can make it through my statistics class. It is is killing me. Weight loss is good, and I am very happy.

Hope all is well with everyone.

love lucy

Hi all..

Huggie bear, I too have been struggling. I am a text book case of a mid life crisis. I lost my job, daughter went off to college, hubby now works 70 hours a week, finding myself with alot of time on my hands and I am below goal. I realized that being heavy protected me from unwanted attention. I have been going out with the hubby but still get approached and I have struggled so much here lately.. I haven't crossed any lines but damn if I am not tempted. I am majorly in love with my hubby and have expressed to him my concerns.. I am going to go see a counselor.. I bumped up my plastic surgery to November 19th. I have lost a little more and am really trying to stop!! I have been working out and it's hard to not lose it's so funny to say that... well, huggie you are not alone. :blink:

Thanx for that allie... attention is good for the self esteem and self confidence but it can be a wolf in sheeps clothing too.

Working through things and we are taking one day at a time... breathing in and out... and putting one foot in front of the other... some days an hour at a time.... sigh

BUT... I did finally decide to go try a sport... I have noticed a few ppl doing sports as I was lurking :smile2:

I went to a ROLLER DERBY practice with the lady who works on my shift with me... I had not been on skates in years and the couple times before surgery were a lot harder with weight and center of gravity issues... It was FUN... spent the night learning how to fall small and falling on my tail a time or two but the time out to myself with a bunch of ladies all just having fun was great... going back Sunday night to try some more:eek:

well off to bed we go... had to talk some things out with daughter so we did not go to bed mad at each other... and now had to decompress myself... it's really hard not to go get some of that ice cream that slides past the band so easily:thumbdown:

but yeah.... enuf of it already.... i r woman i will prevail against what ever comes

Wow, Allie, I have no idea or advice on that one and am glad to hear you are going to get counselling. I know how much you love your husband. How is he doing since you told him? Seems this fat stuff we had over our bodies served many purposes in our lives and were a mask for other things. It was a good way to hide so to speak from issues we don't want to face. Kindda ironic how we use fat to hide but yet fat makes us so big. But it's safe too we can use it as a crutch not to face something we don't want to. Good luck to you. How much more have you lost? i sure can't lose anymore. But am happy where I am at.

Well I went to another surgeon this week, this time a knee surgeon and I am scheduled for knee replacement surgery on Oct. 5th. I am pretty scared about it, not so much the actual surgery but more the recovery and rehab but it will be so nice to have this done. My lap band surgeon put it this way, 'it will complete my transformation'. Well actually maybe some plastics will do that. LOL

Hello all I was banded the same month as you all. I am new to this site but was looking for some support during the changes happening in my life. I love reading all your stories. keep them coming. Glad to meet you all

Samantha

Hello all I was banded the same month as you all. I am new to this site but was looking for some support during the changes happening in my life. I love reading all your stories. keep them coming. Glad to meet you all

Samantha

Hi Samantha!!! Welcome.. how have you been doing since being banded?

Wow, Allie, I have no idea or advice on that one and am glad to hear you are going to get counselling. I know how much you love your husband. How is he doing since you told him? Seems this fat stuff we had over our bodies served many purposes in our lives and were a mask for other things. It was a good way to hide so to speak from issues we don't want to face. Kindda ironic how we use fat to hide but yet fat makes us so big. But it's safe too we can use it as a crutch not to face something we don't want to. Good luck to you. How much more have you lost? i sure can't lose anymore. But am happy where I am at.

Well I went to another surgeon this week, this time a knee surgeon and I am scheduled for knee replacement surgery on Oct. 5th. I am pretty scared about it, not so much the actual surgery but more the recovery and rehab but it will be so nice to have this done. My lap band surgeon put it this way, 'it will complete my transformation'. Well actually maybe some plastics will do that. LOL

Hey there Great/Long, I am doing so much better since I posted last. It's so funny how when I was heavy I could chat with men and it was no problem, they saw me as a "friend" now men see me as a prospective lay.. bahh I am the same person it is "their" perspective that is different. I found that I had to put a new wall up, this one not fat but attitude.. lol. My hubby and I are always so affectionate towards each other and have always been that way. I still get approached, men are pigs lol.. actually my hubby and I were sitting at a table having a drink and this girl approached us and said "are you two together"? I immediately got pissed thinking she was after my man and I said yes we are very happily married and she said.. oops sorry, my "guy" friend over at the bar and then she pointed to him and he waved at me thinks you are super hot. I almost died..lol. My hubby scooched over and put his arm around me lol. It has been an adjustment that is for sure. I love shopping for new clothes and my hubby loves going with me.. I don't wear low cut stuff but I do like to dress up. So now I am learning the attitude.. My counselor says I am going through normal things with all the changes I have had in my life. I am still losing, trying not to but I am fluctuating between 157-160. depending on the day lol. I took my daughter to college last weekend and on wed I got a call she was super sick so I picked her up she ended up being admitted to the hospital with an abcess on her tonsil and was in the hospital for 5 days. She is better now but it was scary, she just couldn't beat the infection for awhile. We had a showing of the house today so I have been super busy. I hope everyone is doing well and I think of all of you all the time! xoxoxo