Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

way to go Allie, congrats on the contest. Great pics, too.

OK, I know that ya'll are probably sick of my whining, but I am getting so frustrated. Had 9lbs to get to onderland. I have been drinking slim fasts, eating 900-1200 calories (including slimfasts with Protein powder), swimming, Water aerobics, and I have only lost 4lbs. What am I doing wrong????????:angry:aughhh!!!

Can anyone help, give me a heads up? I cannot wait for the 16th, my next appt. I am going to ask for a flouro fill to see if it is leaking, moved, anything. If I could control my eating amount, I would not have had the surgery, and I hate milk and don't want to drink slimfasts to lose it. I dont' understand why I am losing so slow. :thumbdown: and as you guys see, it is not like my last 9lbs to lose, I am still in the 2's.

People at church this morning were so nice, saying how good I looked, they didn't know I was squeezed in :rolleyes: I am so thankful for 30lbs, but I just thought there would be more resistance and weight loss by now. Ok, please forgive my rant. You guys are the only one who would understand my frustration, others think I shouldn't have done it anyway. Thanks for they ear, but I would appreciate any opinions.

addy

oh yeah forgot to add those 4lbs, I keep batting back and forth.

addy

Addy, sorry you are struggling. In my opinion (and I'm no expert) it sounds to me that you are drinking too many calories with the Slim Fasts plus 900 to 1200 calories??? I know they told me that I was not to rely on liquids, shakes, etc. to get my calories and Protein in. I am to eat solid protein first at all my meals, then veggies, and then carbs. I rarely have carbs as there's usually not room for them. I average about 800-900 calories a day. Are you eating solid Proteins at all? chicken, fish, etc? When we rely on liquids they don't stay with us long enough to give that sensation of fullness and go right through our pouches as extra calories. I hope that helps and if I am off base or didn't understand your post correctly, forgive me in advance. Good luck to you!

Hi Addy,

I have to agree with Long.. I stay away from shakes mostly. But I am definetly between 600-800 calories a day. My daily intake is usually:

b: coffee

s: 1/2 yogurt

l: 3 oz tuna, maybe 5 pieces of lettuce, 2 grape tomatoes and dressing

d: 3 oz meat, couple of bites of veggie

I was also told not to eat mushie foods, and not to drink my calories. My doc says to make sure you eat a solid Protein since you will feel full longer. I just cant swallow solids in the morning since I am super tight in the A.M. so I sometimes have a little yogurt if hungry. But that is the only mushy type food I eat. If I am still hungry I will sometimes throw in a 100 calorie snack.

I hope this helps..

Addy, sorry you are struggling. In my opinion (and I'm no expert) it sounds to me that you are drinking too many calories with the Slim Fasts plus 900 to 1200 calories??? I know they told me that I was not to rely on liquids, shakes, etc. to get my calories and Protein in. I am to eat solid protein first at all my meals, then veggies, and then carbs. I rarely have carbs as there's usually not room for them. I average about 800-900 calories a day. Are you eating solid Proteins at all? chicken, fish, etc? When we rely on liquids they don't stay with us long enough to give that sensation of fullness and go right through our pouches as extra calories. I hope that helps and if I am off base or didn't understand your post correctly, forgive me in advance. Good luck to you!

long, thanks, I probably said it wrong, I meant I am including the slimfast with Protein Powder in my calorie count. I have been eating for months, protein first etc... and not losing, I thought if I tried to get back on the liquid part of the diet, maybe I could jump start something :thumbdown: no such luck. I tried eating as few as 600 cal. I was full, lots of veggies with the protein, but weight did not budge at all! I feel like I am doing something wrong, but don't know what? Or is it just going to be SLOW going? I feel full with the slimfasts, always did, just don't want to live on them. I always welcome advice, thanks,

addy

Hey ladies,

Boy Allie you sure look good. Thanks for the pics you should be so proud of yourself. And that is awesome that you and hubby won the contest, I bet you will have so much fun on your date!

Long, I am right there with you at trying to get to onderland. I am so close, we will see on Thursday. Right now I am at 202.

Strike, glad your feeling better. I hope your workouts are going good. I meet with my trainer tommorow afternoon. I am fixing up my exercise because my dd is taking swim lessons at the fitness center on Monday's and Wednesday's so while she is swimming I can go up stairs and get in some cardio. Then meeting my trainer on Tue and Thur I should be rockin and rollin before long.

Addy, I'm sorry I'm no help. I am a slow loser also but hey, at least I'm losing. You know with all the diets in the past I (we) would lose and turn around and gain it right back plus some, you know what I mean. So yes, it is slow but at least the numbers are going down. Try to keep your head. Maybe increase your Water and try to up your exercise, that may be the kick that you need. Good luck and I can feel your pain.

Have a good night everyone

lucy

Good morning Junies.

Well I was able to get a fill yesterday WOOHOO.. I am now super restricted.. just where I like it lol.. but I am coming down with something. In the past couple of years I haven't been sick at all but in the past 6 months I have been sick quite a few times. Makes me think that I am just not getting enough Vitamins or something. I have today and tomorrow of straight liquids then 2 days of mushies.. woo hoo LOL..

Addy, I guess I misunderstood what you were saying as well. Wow, I have no idea why you aren't losing faster. Just out of curiousity I keep seeing that there seems to be a difference in how fast you lose with different bands.. I had no idea what band I even had but i asked after I saw Cathy say she had the realize and was told you lose slower with that band. I have the allergen(sp?). The good news though is your skin wont be as saggy when you lose slower. But the better news is as Lucy said.. without this band you wouldn't be losing at all and in fact you might have gained, without the band I definetly would have gained especially over the holidays.

I had a really great nsv today. I had a private message on here and this lady said that she hopes to look like me after she is banded. I have to say that is one of the best compliments ever! 7 months ago I didn't want to look like me and now to have someone want to in such a short time is friggin awesome!

Have a great day Junies.. xoxo

Addy, hi, i'm struggling too. i have read that we tend to go to liquids but they don't help because they go thru the band too quickly. i know you say you are full but i don't think it stays there long enough to stop you from getting hungry sooner than if you ate solid food. i try to force myself to eat solid meals that wind up being pretty small and they definately keep me feeling full longer than Protein Shakes do. there is a thing called 'soft food syndrome' that is what bandsters do and wind up with too many calories. the band is supposed to work best with solids.

that said, i'm stuck at the same weight since october, so i'm no expert! i've just read all that stuff in this book:

[ame=http://www.amazon.com/Laparoscopic-Adjustable-Gastric-Banding-Achieving/dp/0595311148/ref=sr_1_4?ie=UTF8&s=books&qid=1234274767&sr=1-4]Amazon.com: Laparoscopic Adjustable Gastric Banding: Achieving Permanent Weight Loss with Minimally Invasive Surgery: Jessie H. Ahroni Ph.D. A. R. N. P.: Books[/ame]

and i tip my hat to you for having ANY slimfast! i think that stuff tastes so nasty i can't get past 1 sip.

hang in there! we'll find the right mix of diet, exercise and band fill and then the weight will come off again.

Good Morning Kids!!!!!! Just enjoying the last week of our vacation until we go back to the bitter cold weather. We have loved our resort and have done something every day of our vacation. DH is out and about today on a day trip to some farm country about 50 miles away. I encouraged him to take the trip (I needed some alone time!). We have spent 24/7 together since harvest was done back in Dec. I am spending the day trying to catch up on my LB threads and plan on reading a new book today.

The only problem we have had is not great wireless service for lap top and absolutely no phone service. Right in the middle of the forest so need to drive out of it in order to make calls. We leave here a week from yesterday. The only thing that is going to get me home is my dog who I miss dearly. Next year we are thinking of spending the entire winter down here and our dog will be with us.

I have missed chatting with you guys on a daily basis. It's just not been possible with the "iffy" wireless service. Will have some catching up to do when we get back home.

Katydid.....hope you FINALLY get figured out and hope you can make it through with your parent's struggles also. It sounds like a tough situation. Wishing you the best.

Long..miss talking with you

Allie....what a cutie! Loved your photos.

To everyone else........just a "hi" and will talk to you all next week. Hugs!

Good morning Junies,

Thank you all so much for your kind words, advice, and just the pats on the back. I didn't realize how much I needed them. I think I just get overwhelmed sometimes by people asking me how much I have lost, every time I see them (every Sunday at church!!) It had just got me feeling like I must be doing something wrong. Plus not seeing the scale move on top of that. So thank you, I needed a reality check. I am proud of the fact that I have not gained back the weight, that no matter how slow it IS coming off.

I don't know what kind of band, but I am going to ask next week.

I went to the support meeting last night and it was really good, one lady there said that she had been at three plateau's in the over "200" lbs lost journey, and that once she dropped 12 lbs, after a 3 months plateau. So that was encouraging, also. I guess for my body, it is saying "lets see if she is serious this time" LOL. I have dieted for so many years and gained it back each time.

I have decided to just get up this morning and start over a new day, do what I am suppose to do and get over it, the scale WILL move.

But, once again, I thank you beautiful women for your encouragement. My husband, keeps telling me I just can't see the weight loss for the scales, (you know like forest for the trees). That I need to look in the mirror, I just haven't gotten that image yet, but I will!!!! :thumbdown:

I hope you all have a blessed day full of laughter,

addy

Addy, are you taking photos of your progress? I know for me, I STILL can't see the weight loss in the mirror even after 100 lbs. I still see the 305 lb. me reflected back. However, in photos taken in front of the same door every month I can start to see a difference if I really concentrate at looking how much more door I can see. It's helped me a lot. IN fact today, I am wearing my 2X winter coat thinking it is my size, but in reality I can pull the buttons to one side of my body and the buttonholes at the other, it is quite large on me. I have the same band as Allie the Allergan one, my dr. only did that one when I had my surgery but 2 weeks later started doing the REalize as well. I am glad I didn't have the choice as I would've stressed over it. It is hard when folks keep asking how much you've lost. My MIL does that every time I see her. Finally I started answering in vague terms, like a few more, or a lot, or just say I haven't looked lately. She finally stopped asking quite so regularly Iknow she meant to be supportive, but it almost makes me feel too much pressure. How 'bout if you start answering these folks in vague terms?

Apples, good to see you back! Enjoy your last week in FL. I never did make it down, nor will I. A little peeved at my mom as she told me not to come. GRRRR!!!

Well I am off to the dentist for a root canal. Oh how I am dreading this and am scared to death.

Hi all!

I was also able to get a fill yesterday and have good restriction. I have not had a fill in over 2 months, so hoping this will assist with getting the scale to move downward.

Allie ~ What a wonderful compliment you received! I ran into an old friend the other day and he gave me a big hug and complemented me on my weight loss and even flirted a little :thumbup: What a morale booster that was!

Addy and Grey ~ Hang in there with the slow weight loss and remember all the positives that you are loosing and not gaining...I know it must be very frustrating.

Long ~ Hope you are feeling ok after that root canal.

Hi to everyone else and you all have a great evening....Oh and it was freakishly warm here today, 60 degrees and sunny..took one of the dogs for a 3 mile walk...was so nice to get out into the fresh air...supposed to snow again by the end of the week...ugh

hi everyone! Addy, i'm right there with you. i've been saying 40.5 lbs for a while now and i'm ready for it to be more! my in-laws are VERY supportive and this weekend they said you look wonderful and are definately losing again. well not on the scale but that was nice of them to say that! i see them every 2 weeks or so.

i'm up at 3am having a sugar-free pudding cup because i'm starving. i exercised hard today and my legs ache which isn't helping sleeping.

every day i get up and say just keep working at it and it'll work.

i appreciate all of your support as well - i was doing so well until about october when acid reflux started. i'm underfilled now and i can tell i have less restriction but i do feel better (the ulcer-ish pain is gone for about 2 weeks now) so i think it's good to stay like this for a short while. scale is the same.

hope that root canal went as well as it can! i've never had one but have had a lot of fillings and have 3 crowns. it's a root canal that i dread tho! take care!

anyone get the feeling of being full but then having their stomach growl like you are hungry? happens to me all the time - and it's weird because my head says, oh i must be hungry but then i feel full up at the top of my stomach and i know i don't need to eat. my husband thinks i'm nuts on that one. it's like i have 2 stomachs, which i guess we sort of do.

going back to bed. tylenol and the pudding cup should put me back to sleep!

bye for now!

ps hope those 60 degree temps are heading my way! usually we get MI weather a day or 2 later. sounds nice!!

good morning junies..

Long.. good luck today on your root canal.. or was it yesterday? Either way good luck. I hate going to the dentist it freaks me out..lol. Sounds like your mom is a joy .. lol, my mother and I no longer have a relationship which for me has been a really good thing. It still hurts but it's not because of her it's because of what I feel I am missing.

Apples.. good to hear from you again.. enjoy your last week in warmth!

Grey, I had that same thing of the tummy grumbling and that was the first time since being banded that I had that feeling and I mentioned it to my doc and he said that was a sign you needed a fill.

Addy, thats is the right attitude! I hope your day is a wonderful one.

Lucy, how are you sugar?

VZ, I was so excited to see your post. I missed you..

Strike.. how is the new job going?

Cathy.. so how are your dates going? LUCKY GIRL!

all you other beautiful junies.. stop in and give us an update..

I am home sick today and actually typing from my bed. I have some nasty cold. dh went last night to get taxes done and found out we owe 4100 uggh.. plus the 8220 we have to pay by july for dd first semester. If any of you have children in college how do we go about getting a loan for her?

have a great day! allie~