Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

apples.. welcome back girl! I didn't see your post, so we must have posted at the same time. That sucks to come home to that!

I bet it was nice to get home though. Have fun getting all your stuff back in order!

Apples, welcome home, hope you get Water soon!

Allie, I was self pay too and had a seminar and 6 weeks later a lap band. Would've been sooner but I had a cruise to Alaska booked in there and had to schedule all my pre ops before that and around that. So glad I did this. My insurance paid for neither band nor bypass and at the time of my surgery my surgeon only did Lap Bands. A week after he started doing Realize bands as well. Glad I didn't have to choose. It would've been another thing to stress over.

I've avoided dresses due to my big calves and they are still HUGE as in 17 1/2" around STILL!!

I wish I had measured at the beginning.. I will have to measure my calves and see.. I don't think they are big but who knows..lol

apples.. welcome back girl! I didn't see your post, so we must have posted at the same time. That sucks to come home to that!

I bet it was nice to get home though. Have fun getting all your stuff back in order!

Thanks, Allie....always nice to get home. Always tell myself I will pack lighter next time.

We now have sewer but no Water till at least tomorrow. Sucks. There are worse things though.

You gonna post a photo of you in that tankini?????????????? All your other photos are soooooo cute. You must be extremely happy with your success...as you should be. Good goin'!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Apples, welcome home, hope you get Water soon!

Allie, I was self pay too and had a seminar and 6 weeks later a lap band. Would've been sooner but I had a cruise to Alaska booked in there and had to schedule all my pre ops before that and around that. So glad I did this. My insurance paid for neither band nor bypass and at the time of my surgery my surgeon only did Lap Bands. A week after he started doing Realize bands as well. Glad I didn't have to choose. It would've been another thing to stress over.

I've avoided dresses due to my big calves and they are still HUGE as in 17 1/2" around STILL!!

Thanks, Long....I have missed you guys.

I, too, avoided dresses cuz I was sooooooooooooo thick through the midsection. Now I can just throw one on and not worry. Such a good feeling and every day that I get dressed I thank God for the band. I find that I never ever wear sweat pants anymore and dress every day as if I were going to be out and about even if I am just staying at home.

Don't stress about your legs. We are all built differently. I read a post of yours last week where you stated you bought Jones NY capris and they worked for you. Their pants and capris are a little more roomy in the leg and very good quality. I am sure you look great. We can all dress to cover what (we think) are figure flaws. Just remember...we are our toughest critics.

Found some clothes while on vacation and had fun shopping for little gifts for friends and family. I love clothes shopping but think I'm about done...closets are full and I have great plenty. I found so many good deals on name brand items and am very happy with them. Even got a couple of coats (JNY) for next year.

Back to the grind!!!!!!!!!!!Later

Thanks, Allie....always nice to get home. Always tell myself I will pack lighter next time.

We now have sewer but no Water till at least tomorrow. Sucks. There are worse things though.

You gonna post a photo of you in that tankini?????????????? All your other photos are soooooo cute. You must be extremely happy with your success...as you should be. Good goin'!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Speaking of photos, when are we going to see one of you Apples???

thanks for the kind words about my calves issue. I did get some Jones NY capris, at Goodwill!! My kind of deal! They are white, I've never worn white before either.

What stores do you find Jones in? I've seen that brand in Dillards but they never have much. Didn't see it at Macy's.

hey lovely ladies..

Um pic of me in the tankini?? ummmm ok i will have hubby take it later and I will post it.. eek.. I would have NEVER let someone take a pic of me in a bathing suit pre band.. but now what the heck. I don't think it's to bad..lol. Yeah when are we going to see pics of apples??? I WANT PICS (pounding my fists) lol ..

Speaking of photos, when are we going to see one of you Apples???

thanks for the kind words about my calves issue. I did get some Jones NY capris, at Goodwill!! My kind of deal! They are white, I've never worn white before either.

What stores do you find Jones in? I've seen that brand in Dillards but they never have much. Didn't see it at Macy's.

I guess I just am not comfy with the photo thing but knew if it was just going to be viewed by my friends here and on a couple of other threads, I would be fine with it.

I find JNY all over the place. Have you tried TJ Maxx? They had some cute ones last week when I was there for $19.99 and $12.99. Also, Ross (same kind of store) had some for $12.99. JNY slacks and capris do not fit me because of my twiggy chicken legs but I love their tops, suits and blouses.

Remember when all of us were talking about a trip sometime this year to all meet? We should try to plan something. I would be willing to meet anywhere. We had talked about Vegas but we just kind of left it at that. I know you have a cruise coming up (you lucky girl!) and it might be hard for you to fit it in this spring. What do you girls think of it and inviting some other friends from a couple of other threads???????????????????????????????????????????????

I'd love a trip. Just have to be sure I can get off work for it. I fly free so would just have the hotel/food cost.

I think if you put your photo here, Apples for a few days you'd be fine. You could always delete it again in a few days or something. I was leary of it too but finally did it. Nothing bad has happened yet. LOL

I'd love a trip. Just have to be sure I can get off work for it. I fly free so would just have the hotel/food cost.

I think if you put your photo here, Apples for a few days you'd be fine. You could always delete it again in a few days or something. I was leary of it too but finally did it. Nothing bad has happened yet. LOL

Long...I must have missed your photos when you posted them. Are they still on? Would love to see them.

I don't mind room sharing, etc. We could all double up in rooms to save $$$$. Let's get this going and all meet up. Would be so much fun!

Yes I posted photos when I hit 100 lbs lost the last week of Jan. I posted them on this thread and on Janet's "I'm here to help" thread. I hope you can find them.

ok girls.. first off I would love to meet you guys! If any of you live near Pheonix, AZ I will be going with hubby there in June for his work.

Ok second off here I go posting me in my tankini :thumbup:

post-240908-13813138164063_thumb.jpg

ohh and Long.. I didn't think I had big calves I thought they were fine but NOWWW you have me all freaked out about them..lol.. mine are 17 inches..:thumbup: jeez is that huge? I thought they looked ok. Pants fit me fine.. I don't understand. :thumbup: ohhh well..

Iteach, the tankini was black and white with like a swirlly pattern and the bottoms were just black. I will keep checking then for them to bring it back!! LOL

Allie, your mom sounds somewhat like mine. Not loving at all. In fact she told me once my entire life she loved me. And as my husband says, 'she just sucks the life out of you'. She's so negative and brings you down so much.

Addy, good luck at the dr. today! Anxious to hear why your port would hurt. Mine does once in a while but usually after a lot of crunches or something so figure it must be the muscle.

Long, is this it? Women's D/DD-cup Beach Living Damask Floral Underwire V-neck Swim Top from Lands' End

If so, it's back :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup:

I'd love to get together and finally meet everyone! My issues are going to be time off work and money, but I would love to make it work!! Long and Allie, our stories are so similar. I was self pay also and it was right at 2 months from when I went to the seminar to when I had surgery. It's hard to believe this time last year, I hadn't even thought about this. Wow, how time can change things. I just realized today was my 8 month bandiversary. What an amazing 8 months! Have a great evening everyone!!!