Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Well Allie, you can just feel the happiness and excitment coming through your post. I'm so happy for you.

We spent V day shopping for a new TV my dh husband had to get a new one because our old one was messing up. He could not live another day the way it was. So we got one on Sat, and on Sun I had to go and get a new entertainment center to put it in. I could not live another day with the way things were :rolleyes:

lucy

Hi,

I had a great Valentine surprise, my husband took me to the Detroit Symphony Orchestra for a Beatles tribute. It was excellent hearing all that Beatles music being played with a 50 piece Orchestra.

Allie, I am so jealous that you can fit in a size 12! We are just about the same weight and I can't get into anything smaller than a 16 yet. Must be the way I am built, my big butt seems to be the slowest loosing area on my body!

Bathing suits are a scary thing for me...I did however wear one when I was in Florida a few weeks back. I just wore a wrap or bathing suit skirt with it to hide my thighs.

Here is the link to my before and current pics....

http://www.lapbandtalk.com/members/26304-albums2289.html

Hi,

I had a great Valentine surprise, my husband took me to the Detroit Symphony Orchestra for a Beatles tribute. It was excellent hearing all that Beatles music being played with a 50 piece Orchestra.

Allie, I am so jealous that you can fit in a size 12! We are just about the same weight and I can't get into anything smaller than a 16 yet. Must be the way I am built, my big butt seems to be the slowest loosing area on my body!

Bathing suits are a scary thing for me...I did however wear one when I was in Florida a few weeks back. I just wore a wrap or bathing suit skirt with it to hide my thighs.

Here is the link to my before and current pics....

http://www.lapbandtalk.com/members/26304-albums2289.html

Great pics!! I love the black top you are wearing!!

I struck out on tankinis at Kohls. I just didnt' like any of them, and there weren't many there. Most were halter style and I know I don't want that. So the Quest continues!

Long - Good luck on your Quest. Living on a lake I spend my summer in a bathing suit and that is one piece of clothing that I will spend any amount of money on if I find one that looks good. Since we spend so much time on the boat and lake, I buy 4 or more suits a year and it is quite a challenge. Hopefully this year being 60+ pounds lighter, it will be an easier task. Tankini's are a great choice for me too. I am 5'8" and have a long torso, it's hard find a once piece that fits.

Hey there..

vzg.. your stunning!! Loved the before and after you look really like a different person! Great job!

HI ALL!!!

I am so thrilled, I weigh 202 (imagine being excited about that, :frown: My scales have been messed up they are only 6 months old, got them when I had surgery, I have been stressing out for bad scales :eek: ANYWAY!! I had lost 7lbs at the dr. office. He just laughed and said that is why there website is noscales.com :eek: As long as I keep doing what I am suppose to do, don't weigh. He told me to get off the slimfast, that the band is designed for food, not liquid.< /p>

I found out my band is an AP Standard? never heard of it, and it is 14cc capacity, no wonder I have had so many more fills. He checked it all and said I have only had 5 fills as of today! I would have sworn it was 6 today :biggrin:

On the pain around my port, he said that more than likely when I had the coughing fit, that I rip a stitch. That they put 4 stitches in my port to hold it in place and sometimes with exertion you can pull one out. It is ok, the port starts to seat itself (grow in place). He told me just to let him know if it seems to get worse or if I have any new pains. But, the port was in place (he got right in) and the Fluid was all there.

It sure felt better just to be reassured by the dr. and not the NP.

SOOOO that makes me 3lbs away from ONDERLAND!!!!!!!!!!

So maybe with liquids today, mushy tomorrow, I can get there LOL. He said that I am right where I need to be, as long as I lose at least 4-6lbs every 6 weeks, I am doing great! So, even though I would love to see big numbers fall, I am so relieved to know I am doing ok :rolleyes: So, for all my buddies out there who are slow losers like me, we are doing ok!:thumbup:

Good luck with all the tankini searches. JC Penny has some pretty suits, we have to look for them all year because of Water aerobics. I found my current suit at a garage sale, new size 14 (only thing I can wear in a 14 :eek: and it was a Speedo brand, cost me $1.00 :cursing:

addy

meant to say the suits are in the JCPenny catalog. Not sure about the store, I usually cannot find anything in the store.

addy

Hey Junies!

Ok, I saw the surgeon today, and we chatted about what she has planned for me. I'm scheduled for surgery in 2 weeks and the plan is to put in a lap band, and if she can't get one to fit properly or doesn't feel it is the safest option depending on how much scar tissue she finds, then she'll do a VSG.

So 2 weeks to getting-skinny me! ;-)

Always ;-)

Hunzi

Ohhh Addy.. I am sooooooooooooooo excited for you!!!! That is awesome! WOOOO HOOOOOOO .. you must have been doing the happy dance all the way home!!! Great job!!!

Hunzi.. congrats on your new date. I hope all goes well, good news is you will come out with something done!

Lucy, I was giggling when I read your post! I hope you got the entertainment center you wanted!!!

WOW V, great pictures, I love your haircut.

I looked up the AP standard band, do I feel stupid, it is the Lap-Band brand band.

addy

Addy,

Hey i also have 14cc band

I have had 2 fills 5.5 now in their. Restriction sucks im gonna beg for some more fill, im exercising almost everyday, and slowly the weight is coming off but wow i can still eat wayyyy to much. Keep up the great work

Ally and VZ,

Smokin hot mama's is all i got to say LOL

Thanks Army.. I love the way that sounds smoking hot with my name next to it!!! LOL who would have thought that 7 months ago???

Hey ladies.. I got my tankini at Target in the juniors section. Yep you heard right in the Juniors section! It is black and white halter top with a black bottom with a tiny skirt attached. It's really cute. I needed the halter to keep my girls up!

Allie, I think that's the tankini I have my eyes on for now. I tried it on and liked it, but wanted to keep looking.

I have the AP-L (large) band which is the 14cc one. I have 11 cc's of fill in it I think. I believe AP-S (standard) is the 10cc band. I liked that band because of the little pillows like around it where the saline goes. It just looked sturdier to me.

Army, I hope you are able to get a fill soon if you don't have much restriction.

Addy, woohoo on the loss!! Maybe we'll hit Onederland together. I've been stuck since I hit 100 lbs gone, I lost 2 more at the time but am stuck between 201 and 202. I tend to lose like thta though. When I lose I will lose 5 or 6 lbs and then be stuck again.

Hunzi, so glad to hear you are set to go again. I hope the scar tissue isn't an issue. Good luck to you!

CathyChatts, where are you????

Hi Everyone...did not have the capability to post on a daily basis while we were gone but think I am caught up reading my threads. Will not try to respond to all. To you who have posted photos...you look great.

Got home last night about 9pm and came home to NO Water and NO sewer. Long story but cannot get water till tomorrow and sewer is fixed. That's just part of living our in the country and having a mound system.

Busy sorting through mail and unpacking today and running errands.

Really tight today because of flying. Usually have a hard time getting solids in for about 3-4 days after. Lost 8lbs during the last month. Not happy with that and am drinking high caloric drinks and shakes this week to see if I can put some back on. Crazy...who would have thought?

Better get back after it. Hope all is well.

hey there..

I have the 10cc band. I am not sure what fill I am at but I would guess around 7? I will find out at my next appointment. I really didn't do much investigating. I went to a seminar then less than a month later I had the surgery. When you self pay you don't have a bunch of stuff to do. I just knew I wanted the lapband. My insurance would have paid for the bypass but not the band. My hubby said NO WAY to bypass.. Oh well. I hear tricare is now paying for the band arrgh. But I would rather be the weight I am now and paid the 18 grand than have had to wait one extra day! I also didn't have any problems from being fat. I was a super duper healthy fatty. My life started over on June 20 ,2008 and I am sooo glad it did!

I wish I was rich because all I want to do is shop for new clothes!! I want lots and lots of new clothes and shoes and all the girly stuff that I had been avoiding. I want long hair again and I want heels! I missed heels. It is so nice to wear sexy heels and my feet not kill me. I can hardly wait to wear sexy sundress this spring and summer. I have always stayed away from dresses because I thought I looked pregnant in dresses. NOT THIS YEAR ladies and gentlemen.. I will be wearing sundresses and looking fantastic! :tt2: :tongue2: