Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Couch to 5k.....come join me!!

Tried to do a long run yesterday to make up for doing nothing on Sunday. My knee that I scraped on the bike hurt and then they closed the gym and made me go home. Blah.

Mac~ Sorry to hear that the knee is bothering you! No fun. Hopefully you can get back out there today!

I took yesterday off and went to swim early this morning. Every lane had at least 4 people in it! WTH! It is always quiet in the mornings, you maybe have to share a lane with 1 other person. I bagged it, too busy for me.

I think i will go for a run this evening. I need to do something. I always feel weird when I have a free day.

Well, shoot, today my leg is all stiff. I don't get this. It's just a bruise.

Well, shoot, today my leg is all stiff. I don't get this. It's just a bruise.

It sounds like you may have done more than bruise it! You might want to go have it checked out just for peace of mind.

Hope you are feeling better soon!

Hey all, thought I would pop in a say hi! I haven't been running much lately, schedules and fatigue are taking their toll but, such is life. Weight is staying the same (+/- 1-2 pounds) so I am okay with it for now. Will be glad when school starts up again and we get into a routine again. I go for another fill on the 19th which I hope will help get these last few pounds off.

No more races till September and I am still toying with training for a half mary. I see my oncologist in September and want to check with her first though, since my fatigue seems to be increasing. Anyway...

Anyone interested in the Nike+ system? I have a 2 month old sensor (my first one died after 2+ years), receiver, 2 different shoe holders and armband...all you would need is the nano (or touch or 3GS). $25 plus shipping. I've been using runkeeper on my iphone when I run and love it.

This thread is exactly what I needed for motivation to get of my A**. After reading the posts and checking out the couch to 5k site I'm so excited. I know I won't be on the same schedule as ya'll but I'll definitely be back for motivation and to hopefully motivate others. Good luck to everyone!

This thread is exactly what I needed for motivation to get of my A**. After reading the posts and checking out the couch to 5k site I'm so excited. I know I won't be on the same schedule as ya'll but I'll definitely be back for motivation and to hopefully motivate others. Good luck to everyone!

Welcome to C25K! You will love the program, just remember to take it at your pace and you will be amazed at the results! Can't wait to hear about your progress!

ive been a bit mia i know. had my run last thurs nite and i did less than spectacular. trying to analyze what went right and what didnt and ive come up with no answers. basically i finished but dead last. i looked at my time and it stank. walked for about 2/3 of a mile during the race. that disappointed me, and all ive come up with are excuses... worked all day, probably started out too fast put too much pressure on myself. who knows. but the good news is that im looking forward and want to do another race when the weather gets nicer.

was wondering about opinions. thinking about starting over with the c25k program, but dont want to slack off. maybe just 1 time per week to remember just how far ive come. or, keep going at the 2 miles till i really can advance in incriments? whatcha think friends?

will keep u posted and look for your opinions.

tc,

Carol

I'm getting a Garmin Forerunner 310XT. So I'll be selling my Nike+ and not participating in any more challenges after the one that ends in Aug.

I just couldn't take having 3 devices to keep track of any more The 310XT does it all in one.

Carol... remember, every run is worth the experience. My opinion... you let your head get in the way! I wouldn't go backwards, I'd go forwards. Vary your distances frequently. So if you're running 3-5 x a week, then run a short, medium and then push yourself to run a long run at least once. Here's what I'm working on right now...

Mon - 40min intervals: 3min light jog; 1min sprint

Tue - 30 - 45 min mod speed run

Wed - rest

Thur - 40 min intervals - same as above

Fri - 30 - 45 min mod speed run

Sat - long run - I'm pushing for 7-8km

Sun - rest

I don't always get these in, as I haven't been as dedicated lately, but that's my plan. If I miss a run, I still keep the same schedule.

Hope this helps.

Mac... congrats on the Garmine. My Nike+ keeps acting up, but I think its my iPod, not the Nike.

I'm getting a Garmin Forerunner 310XT. So I'll be selling my Nike+ and not participating in any more challenges after the one that ends in Aug.

I just couldn't take having 3 devices to keep track of any more The 310XT does it all in one.

Lucky, lucky girl! :thumbup: The Garmin's are so nice. I am thinking about getting DH one for his b-day in Sept.

ive been a bit mia i know. had my run last thurs nite and i did less than spectacular. trying to analyze what went right and what didnt and ive come up with no answers. basically i finished but dead last. i looked at my time and it stank. walked for about 2/3 of a mile during the race. that disappointed me, and all ive come up with are excuses... worked all day, probably started out too fast put too much pressure on myself. who knows. but the good news is that im looking forward and want to do another race when the weather gets nicer.

was wondering about opinions. thinking about starting over with the c25k program, but dont want to slack off. maybe just 1 time per week to remember just how far ive come. or, keep going at the 2 miles till i really can advance in incriments? whatcha think friends?

will keep u posted and look for your opinions.

tc,

Carol

Sounds like you put a lot of pressure on yourself at the race - I think that is so common! We go in with really high expectations and push too hard at the beginning and then can't keep up with the pace we have set.

I agree with Kathy - keep pushing ahead. You already have a base and I would keep going forward and adding increments. I also do a short, medium and long run during the week. It mixes things up. I add in hills and do some cross training.

You must not be too defeated since you are planning your next race! WTG! Learn from this experience and you will do better next time.

I had an awesome run this morning! Woo Hoo! I am cutting minutes off my run and feeling stronger. I absolutely love trail running!

The distance increase is going pretty well, I thought I would struggle more, but I seem to be holding up. I will do my first 5 mile run on Sunday. Excited to see if I can complete it!

wow thanks girls. short med long runs? if im doing 2-3 miles...is it logical to do 2 as the short, 2.5 as med, and 3.1 as the long runs? then build from there? how long of a sprint should i do? distance? minutes? what? lol...

thanks for the encouragement and tips i will try them and figure out what works for me.

kristen, ive been thinking about asking for a stopwatch/heartrate calculator thing of some sort for my birthday in oct. any suggestions? the garmin might be a bit advanced for me, but i can wait till the holidays if need be if its better to just wait and save for it.

decisions........so many decisions...

tc

Carol

Carol... I would try to push for farther on your long runs. This is where you want to drive for distance. Work up to the distances anyway that works for you. For me I just run until I can't, and then that sets another distance goal for me. I'm pushing for 5 miles now. That way, when I run 3 during a race, it feels more like a medium run.

Well, I didn't get the Torch Run. BooHoo. Kind of bummed out, but such is life. I am running my 2nd annual 5k race in Sept and then want to try a 10k race in Oct. I guess the 1k Torch Run is not in the cards for me.