Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Low Carb Banders Unite

I am back at my ticker weight. Those 5 pounds that jumped on overnight seem to have left almost as quickly. I am so glad. That was freakin me out a little.

Now I can move on to losing some new weight!!

I am going to court this morning about one of our foster kids, so I won't be on until later today. Looking forward to seeing how everyone's day goes!!

Woo Hoo!!

Renewed, I am excited, too! Got into moderate ketosis yesterday and as of this morning am down 5.4 lbs since Monday. The cravings have gone bye-bye, too.

I just hope I can stay strong. That is my plan - to take personal responsibility for my actions.

My other plan is to now have a one directional ticker! LOL! Mine has been like a zipper lately - up, down, up, down.

Have a great day, everybody.

No ketosis yet, for me! But that's okay. I'm on a mission! And I'm still waiting for the Miralax to get things moving. Guess it's time for another dose!

Congrats ell and renewed! Keep those pounds dropping! Hopefully I'll have a loss to report soon! :lol:

thanks mamto & msnika =)

okay, so last night i fell off a little bit. >_< i made dh some oven roasted chicken, cesear salad, and.... dare i say it, mac & cheese. i know, i know! i was tired and really didn't feel like making another real side dish, so i made the mac! i wasn't hungry at all, but i guess bad habits die hard. i had two spoonfuls of mac & cheese. my scale went up this morning....arggg!!

I do great with the foods I eat, as far as keeping them low carb ... heck, I've even avoided the boxes of Hostess cupcakes, twinkies and my absolute favorite frosted strawberry Poptarts that have been in my pantry this last week so what is my weakness? Iced coffee! It's the hazelnut Creamer and the 5 carbs per tablespoon :thumbup:

I really really want to get down to 191.6 lbs (or less!) by the 27th ... because it was July 27th last year (the day before my surgery) that I weighed 291.6. I know I can do it with low carb, it's just this addiction to these iced coffees that has seriously slowed my loss down. Somebody slap me! :redface:

I bid on some Ketostix on ebay but got outbid at the last minute ... goin' to the store tonight to get some! Hoping that if I can get into some kind of ketosis it'll keep me motivated ...

Well, I too am back to my ticker weight, even just a touch under. It seemed to take forever to get back there. Three days of eating crap at the end of June has taken me this long to loose them. I have only been in moderate ketosis and I think I drink far to much regular coffee to get into heavy ketosis, But coffee keeps me from eating and killing my kids, hubby, and boss:tongue2:

I would so like to be in onederland by September:drool: but I am not getting the exersise I need, I am so tried of working two jobs I know that is an excuse but I never get a day off and must continue at this pace for a while yet. I am quick at one of my jobs to do the outside chores or take a client in their wheelchair for a walk. It's like getting paid for a little bit more exersise. To everyone who is doing a good job:thumbup: and to all those still stuggling take one day at a time and you too can do it. The low carb diet (and I hate to use that word) takes the edge off of my hunger and my band provides the tool to restrict the quantity of food I consume I am not too resticted but with low carbing I really don't have to be to tight. Good luck for the next few weeks to all the low carbers we can do it.

cc

Bloo, I use coffeemate sugar free hazelnut creamer. It has 1 carb per 1 tbsp. It is liquid and is with the milk. I don't like the powder sf Creamers, but I like this. I also like the sf french vanilla. I drink hot coffee, but Starbucks was my worst addiction until I discovered that I love this!!

I've always used the fat free version ... someone (I think my Mom) told me that the sugar free tasted like crap but I've never actually tried it myself. It's worth a shot to save those 4 carbs though so I'm definitely going to check it out next time I go grocery shopping ... Thanks Renewed :thumbup:

Has anyone tried Walden Farms products? My vegan sister swears by their products (sold in some grocery stores and online---website tell you stores in your area click here ---> Creamy Peanut Spread ) and I was looking at the website with her and they have pnut butter that is carb free!!! its also fat and calorie free and I asked her about it and she said that it isn't made from peanuts (its probably some soy thing) but she said it is sooo good...just like real peanut butter---of course her taste buds are probably off from all the mother earth products she eats. She said a lot of their products are really good and most are carb free. She said she usually finds them in the diabetic food section. I think I am going to try it if they have it at my local grocery store! If I do, i will let you know what i think of it.

*edit* I just read some reviews on another website and lots of people said it was disgusting...second thought...NOT GOING TO BUY IT! The good news is that the reviewers said that all of the other low carb products from walden farms were really good. So check out the website anyway!

Edited by BonnieMcC

of course her taste buds are probably off from all the mother earth products she eats.

Bonnie -- :redface: How funny! By the way, I have tasted the Walden Farms Creamy Bacon Ranch Dressing. It actually is good. I only have about a fourth of a bottle left. I guess that means I did more than taste it, huh? :thumbup:

Hey all hope everyone's day went well.

B: 1 1/2 eggs, 3 turkey sausages, onions & american cheese

S: Cheeseburger bacon dip made with sour cream & mayo

L: 1/4 hamburg with 2 tbps of cream cheese on it, onion & summer squash

S: 1 1/2 oz. of cashews

D: 1 1/2 Johnsonville Brats & Zuccini

S: SF Jello with homemade whip cream (heavy cream and splenda)

77 grams of Protein & 41 carbs...a little high gotta get it down.

Cindy

Bonnie,

I have tried a couple of the salad dressings which were decent but I can't imagine Peanut Butter with no peanuts!

I'm enjoying using Hidden Valley Ranch dressing on my salads.

Let us know what you try and how you like it.

Ok, I am sooo disappointed. I LOVE STARBUCKS!!! I used to get the peppermint white mocha. YUMMY, but it has like 60 something carbs. I have been getting a skinny cinnamon dolce latte instead. It is supposed to be MUCH better. well I looked it up and it has 14 carbs. I am back down to a small amount of ketones tonight so I was searching to find out why, and I found it. So, no more Starbucks for me. :thumbup: Maybe on date night.

Here's my day....

B - Skinny cinnamon dolce latte (my last)

L - 6 oz steak and avacado sauce

S - Atkins Endulge caramel Chew Bar (OMGosh) I don't like bars, but this thing is the bomb!!!

D - about 4 oz steak, broccolli

S - coffee with sf french vanilla creamer

Oh how I'm going to miss my starbucks.....

Also, went to court today and we are beginning the process to adopt our 8 month old foster son... He has lived with us since he was 3 weeks old. Very pleased with court today!!

Still have couch to 5k to do tonight before I go to bed....

I do great with the foods I eat, as far as keeping them low carb ... heck, I've even avoided the boxes of Hostess cupcakes, twinkies and my absolute favorite frosted strawberry Poptarts that have been in my pantry this last week so what is my weakness? Iced coffee! It's the hazelnut creamer and the 5 carbs per tablespoon :thumbup:

I really really want to get down to 191.6 lbs (or less!) by the 27th ... because it was July 27th last year (the day before my surgery) that I weighed 291.6. I know I can do it with low carb, it's just this addiction to these iced coffees that has seriously slowed my loss down. Somebody slap me! :redface:

I bid on some Ketostix on ebay but got outbid at the last minute ... goin' to the store tonight to get some! Hoping that if I can get into some kind of ketosis it'll keep me motivated ...

When I did Atkins I used to blend up ice Water and ice cubes, a shot of black coffee, Splenda, a tablespoon of cream and some essence - eg Hazlenut. You can even have some whipped cream sweetened with Spenda on top - carbs...nil.