Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Low Carb Banders Unite

Bloo - when I went to my last Dr appointment she told me that I am now overweight not obese. I never thought I would be sooo proud to be overweight. I share your joy!! It is a huge accomplishment!!

Ok, I just went to the Sonic to get my daily Route 44 unsweet tea. The lady is the truck beside me was a girl I went to school with. She is probably a size 4 and very pretty. I looked over to see her inhaling a cheeseburger, fries and a drink (she was on her lunch break I'm sure). I am so ashamed of my initial response. I was sitting there thinking why can she eat that and be so thin. I was jealous. For that second I wanted a cheeseburger, fries and a coke. i was feeling sorry for me. Here I am after losing 80 pounds feeling sorry for myself that I can't eat something so unhealthy. Then I thought about how far I have come. Skinny or fat those foods are very unhealthy, and my desire is to be healthy. Wow, I have come a long way in my eating habits. I do make better choices.. But....I still have a long way to go with the emotional part of having been obese and unhealthy for so long. I am still learning to accept myself as the not obese, beautiful, healthy lady that I have become through taking control of my life and taking responsibility for my choices. So... I proudly left the Sonic with my daily Route 44 unsweet tea. :cursing:

renewed--I understand what you are saying about that moment of "grrrrr its NOT FAIR!" but even the skinny people die of heart attacks from eating too many cheeseburgers and fries! Congrats on your new way of thinking and making healthy choices.

Hey guys...hope everyone's day has gone good. I stayed low carb all day and I got batteries for the scale and I am up only about 1/2lb. I was happy about that after the Ice Cream Sundae.

I got a new funky hair cut today to match my 113lb loss. I love it...family can't get used to it. I cut it short because of all the Hair loss. My hair has really thinned out a lot.

Today's menu:

B: 2 eggs, 2 slices of bacon & 6 sausage links...I was ravished today.

S: 1/2 cup of Mixed Nuts

L: 3 steak tips with peppers, onions & mushrooms and broccoli

S: Sm. DD Ice coffee with cream & 2 splenda

D: Enchilada Bake

BTW...the Enchilada Bake was so friggin good. I am posting the link...you have got to try this if you like mexican food.< /p>

Linda's Low Carb Menus & Recipes

Have a wonderful night everyone.

Cindy

Holly, you have probably just saved my low carb career. :confused_smile:

I have had a really hard day. Went to the doctor. Somehow I am losing muscle since starting to exercise. I won't bore you with all the details, but I was even sitting here wondering if I should lay off low carb for awhile. I don't think I am eating enough to support the exercise that I am doing....

Then...I clicked on the recipe link. That Enchilada bake looks wonderful!!!There are sooooo may really good looking recipes on that site.. I will be using it to create my next sopping list. I am going to keep low carbing and just see if I can add a few good carbs to help me continue to burn fat while exrcising!!

Thanks again!

I did really good all day with low carbs and then on the way home from work I needed to stop to get some groceries for dinner. I ended up buying some chocolate. Sometimes that chocolate craving takes over and there is no stopping me. Luckily, I am 4 lbs under goal so I will get back on track tomorrow.

Holly, you have probably just saved my low carb career. :tongue_smilie:

I have had a really hard day. Went to the doctor. Somehow I am losing muscle since starting to exercise. I won't bore you with all the details, but I was even sitting here wondering if I should lay off low carb for awhile. I don't think I am eating enough to support the exercise that I am doing....

Then...I clicked on the recipe link. That Enchilada bake looks wonderful!!!There are sooooo may really good looking recipes on that site.. I will be using it to create my next sopping list. I am going to keep low carbing and just see if I can add a few good carbs to help me continue to burn fat while exrcising!!

Thanks again!

So sorry to hear about this issue you are having. These recipes are awesome and will give you more calories so that you can compensate the exercise. What kind of exercise do you do?

Keep your chin up...

Cindy

I posted yesterday that I ate candy on the way home from work. Today I got on the scale and was down 1 more lb. I am now 5 lbs below goal and I am really surprised I keep losing. Gotta love the band!

Good evening everyone!

Had a busy day today went to visit with friends and did really good staying on plan...

B: Enchilada Bake

S: 32 oz of Water

L: 3 oz of BBQ chicken, Zuccini & Summer Squash with parm. cheese

S: Mixed Nuts, beef Jerky & chedder cheese

D: 3 oz. of turkey kielbasa, Summer Squash with Parm. Cheese & lettuce with blue cheese dressing

S: 32oz. of Water

My garden is producing lots of summer squash & zuccini. Can't wait for the cukes & tomatoes.

I did 1 hour of water aerobics today and was swimming in the pool.

Have a great night everyone!

Cindy

I have been gone from this thread for several days. I went for a fill last Thurs and the MD put 3cc (!!!!) in at once!!! It was done under a floroscope because they couldn't find my port opening a month ago. I was losing on the low carb but when they put that fill in -- I had to go to liquid for a few days. I was so tight that I thought I was going to have to go back in to get some out but now it seems to be relaxing. I have been eating a little soft food and its been low carb. For liquids I still used Atkins low carb Protein Drinks. For soft food - I ate egg salad. Tonight I was able to eat a little salmon with spinach. Between the fill and the low carb I have lost about 5lbs over the last 9 or 10 days.

That's great Rugman. I always lost well after a fill too.

Hi Denise---yea ---I'm hoping I'm going to be able to ride this wave for at least another 10-15lbs. Congrats on maintaining your weight loss and then building on your success. I hope to copy you!

hollyberries---that Enchilada Bake looks wonderful! I can't wait to try it!

Bloo--Congrats on "overweight." I can't wait to claim "overweight." I can't do that until I lose another 24lbs. Sigh.

Everyone seems to be doing pretty well.

Hi everyone.

Sorry I haven't been around. Still here and plugging along. I start mushies tomorrow, and I'm a little nervous. Is that crazy? I'm doing so well and losing and not craving anything... I just hate to add in food and ruin it! LOL.

I can vouch for Linda Sue's recipes and website. I've been using it for years. While not everything is fabulous, most things are. She's a member of a low carb forum I frequent.

Keep on keeping on everyone. You're all doing great. I'm so glad that we have this great thread for support. Everyone is so wonderful. I appreciate having y'all. :blush:

3 pound gain with NO REASON FOR IT!! and I am not moving ticker!!

Carbs were under 30 for day yesterday, I drank all my Water, I did cardio for an hour and I got on the scales today and I was up THREE pounds!!! I know its GOTTA be some Water retention or something weird because I didn't even eat 3lbs of food! I am trying so desperately to get under 240 by the end of the month and after hovering around 240-241 for a week to have a 3 pound gain makes me CRAZY! I still have time to get there but grrrrrr...

OK, I am making a change in my eating. I have been mulling this over for several days. I thought I could low carb right to my goal, but I don't think that is going to be possible.

I LOVE low carb. I like being able to eat the fat, meat and cheese.

Here's the problem. I went to the doctor this week and I am losing muscle, not fat. The only thing I have changed is the amount of exercise I am doing. It looks like I need more carbs to sustain the increase in physical activity. DH has been worried about this with me for awhile, but I refused to see it.

I think it is time for me to look at how I plan to eat for the rest of my life. Low carb has been my rock in losing this weight, and to be honest I am very scared of adding carbs. I am so afraid to gaining it back.

Here is my plan...I am going to eat whole unprocessed foods. I am going to add back fruits and whole grains. I am also going to cut back on saturated fats.

This should mean that I don't take part in this thread with yall, but unless you kick me out I am sticking around. I find such good support here and would miss you all terribly.

So......As of today I am no longer low carbing it. However, I do still believe in low carb. It is just time for me to modify. I need to shake things up a it. And....I will still be here rooting all of you on!!!