Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Low Carb Banders Unite

Ok, I am soooo hard headed. Even after reading Hollie's very informative posts, I went and bought some sugar free Werther's Originals today. I was having some cravings and figured that would be better than cheating. They are very small. I ate 5, which is 1 serving. My ketosis is small, but the biggest deal is that I have diarrhea!!!! I have gone to the bathroom twice since starting this post. I took some Miralax 2 days ago and it worked, but who needs Miralax when you have SF Werthers. I also am VERY gassy. I guess I will need to lay off a bit.

back to the basics!

OMGosh, I may have a new addiction.

I packet ranch dip mix

16 oz sour cream

1 10pkg frozen chopped spinach (thawed and drained)

Mix it up!!!

I have dipped everything in it today....mushrooms, cheese, broccolli.

It is soooo yummy or else I'm really hungry!!

yum! That sounds so good.

I picked up a bag of those Tyson Anytizers hot wings (BlooEyez has mentioned them before... thankyou!) They are soooo good. I like hot wings, but not too hot. These are just right. My band stopped me after 6 wings or I would have ate more.

I need some good vibes for my "official" weigh in in the morning. I'm stressing about and seriously thinking about tossing the scale out the window if it doesn't start working better. :smile2:

Sending good vibes your way!!

I get tequila and lime wings at Sam's and they are pretty yummy. Tonight i bought a Turkey leg. I plan on dipping it in my spinach dip tommorow.

Going to bed. Goddnight all!!!

Ok...so something must be working my way today. The scales batteries are dead so I didn't get a chance to weight myself this morning. I am ok with that because I don't really want to see what happened to me after eating the devil carbs.

Someone was asking about recipes. I have another awesome website for low carb recipes...

Linda's Low Carb Menus & recipes - Induction Menus

Have a great day everyone! Here is to Ketosis...

Cindy

OMGosh, I may have a new addiction.

I packet ranch dip mix

16 oz sour cream

1 10pkg frozen chopped spinach (thawed and drained)

Mix it up!!!

I have dipped everything in it today....mushrooms, cheese, broccolli.

It is soooo yummy or else I'm really hungry!!

This sounds very similar to the bacon ranch dip I make....

ranch dip mix

sour cream

real bacon bits

cheddar cheese

I bet it would even be good with added spinach! Yummy!!!!:smile2: Thanks!

Since Miralax doesn't seem to work well for me....I finally had a little bitty touch of diarrhea after taking it for 3 days and then adding a double dose, maybe I'll grab a bag of SF Werther's!!

I'm gonna cry!

Ok not really. I can't stand whining. But the scale hates me. I have ended the week with no loss. I am kind of bummed, but I am going to hang in there and just hope I see a loss soon. I haven't cheated one time in the last week. TOM or not, I felt like I should have seen a loss.

Someone have any words of wisdom before I go break out the honey nut cheerios? LOL

7_5_142.gifI have lost 6lbs since Wed. Over the 4th I gained 4 lbs. Depressed. Started old habits back and had to catch myself. Seen this thread and thought alright, I will loose the 4 I gained and some more before my fill today. So I am happy. I might have lost more but was my grandsons b-day party. I did'nt eat cake but did lick frosting! I had my own low-carb icecream. Another party next week for another grandson. Then 1 more party in August for a granddaughter. All of these are very close together. Had b-day party for youngest gd last of June. I will be glad when there are no more parties. I took my own food to this party cause they had pizza. GS wanted to know why I had my own food and I told him because of the surgery I no longer liked pizza. What a look I got! He is 5 and does not comprhend not liking pizza! But I really don't any more. I like the toppings, but anything bread/ crust I don't like anymore. (except biscuts) Sorry so long and rambling. but yea doing the low carb helped my tremendously.

sig.jsp?pc=ZSzeb097&pp=ZRxdm609NVUS

Way to go gone!!

Mamato, TOM is just evil. Don't give in to the frustration. As soon as Aunt Flo leaves the pounds will too.

MSnika, combining our recipes sounds most wonderful!!!!I will have to try it!!

My scales we showing low battery so I changed them. The result?? Up a pound. Do the scales read different with new batteries or did I really gain a pound?? Oh well, it will come off.

Here's to a great week!!

I'm gonna cry!

Ok not really. I can't stand whining. But the scale hates me. I have ended the week with no loss. I am kind of bummed, but I am going to hang in there and just hope I see a loss soon. I haven't cheated one time in the last week. TOM or not, I felt like I should have seen a loss.

Someone have any words of wisdom before I go break out the honey nut cheerios? LOL

I know its so frustrating not to lose, but you can't give in! So put the honey nut cheerios away because no loss is still better than a gain!!! Have your been journaling? Drinking all your Water? Are you eating enough calories? Maybe there is something going on...who knows! We all go through periods like that but you CANT give in because you have a goal to hit and it only takes a few bad decisions to blow weeks of hard work! This time everytime I go to cheat I think of how I did that before and how I gained...and in past diets I not only gained, but I totally gave in and gained everything back and more! I think of where I would be today if I just would have stuck to the diet I started x years ago (trust me I have been on some kind of diet every year since I was 18 years old!) So stick with it and you WILL see results! You deserve it!

Renewed and Bonnie - Thankyou both. I am glad you ladies are here doing this with me. I would have said to heck with it days ago if it weren't for the support.

I do journal, but not every day. I do not put anything in my mouth without knowing the carb content in it. My daily carbs have been very low for awhile now. Maybe I will post here my food and you all could tell me if I'm way off base?

Yesterday: B - sausage patty and 1 egg

L - Low carb slimfast vanilla

S - a few bites of salami and 2 oz cheddar cheese

D - 6 Tyson Anytizer hot wings with 2T ranch

For fluids ( I dont do a lot of plain Water ) 32 oz ice tea from Wendy's, 32 oz crystal light, 1 cup hot tea. I had 4 packets of splenda between the teas. According to the Daily Plate that is 1274 calories, 100g of Protein and 15g of carb.

I picked up a bag of those Tyson Anytizers hot wings

Aren't they good?? LOVE EM! The only drawback is the carb count :smile2: ... I plan on having them for lunch today!

Well, my Ketostix are stuck on "small" ... I'll take it though as the weekend was hectic and I consumed just a bit more carbs eating away from home than I would have if I ate at home. :crying:

Just checked out my BMI on TheDailyPlate ... I am shocked. I started this journey labeled "Morbidly Obese" and now I am simply "Overweight" with a BMI of 29.32 ... that made my day!! :)

Here's to a good week! :rofl:

OK, I am turning over a new leaf!! I need yall's help. I am only going to check my ketones once and weigh once each day. I have got to quit obsessing and start living!! I am so consumed with what I weigh each day!!

On another note....I am ticked off. I bought this turkey leg at our local grocery store. I checked total carbs and it said 0. I have been eating on it for 2 days. Really yummy dipped in my spinach dip. Anyway, I was telling DH this morning that I need to go get another on because it is a really good way to get my Protein in without carbs, and it tastes oh so yummy. He asked if I was sure there were no carbs. no brown sugar, ect. I pulled it out to show him the nutritional values. Total carbs - 0. Sugar - 6. How can that be. Sugars are carbs. It can't be both. I didn't even look at the sugar when I saw that it was 0 carbs. Yes it has sugar in it. That is why it tastes soooo yummy. I am really ticked. I only had trace ketones this morning. Between my werther's and my mislabeled turkey leg I know why!! ARGHH!!

Just checked out my BMI on TheDailyPlate ... I am shocked. I started this journey labeled "Morbidly Obese" and now I am simply "Overweight" with a BMI of 29.32 ... that made my day!! :cursing:

Here's to a good week! :(

Congrats on being overweight! :eek: Thats sounds silly to say but coming from morbidly obese that is WONDERFUL! I gotta lose one more pound to go from morbidly obese to "just obese" haha! I hope by the end of the week to be obese. HAHAHA!

*oops I just did the gov bmi chart after I posted...I have to lose THREE more pounds to be just obese! grrrr! So lets just hope by the end of July I will be there!

Edited by BonnieMcC

Hi all,

Weekly weigh in for me - down 6.6 lbs for the week! :cursing: I went to costco yesterday to load up on meat, cheese, eggs, etc.

Mamato3 - I was watching a low carb YouTube video yesterday and he was talking about hidden carbs and that each 8 oz of Crystal Light is 1 carb. That totally surprised me! Plus each Splenda packet is 1 carb, too. They have deceptive labels - I would never have thought to count those items in my diet. Also, TOM sucks - I bet you get a whoosh soon.

Renewed - I understand about the stix. I am blowing through my bottle of 50 in no time. I will join you in the once a day pee-pee stick challenge!:(

bloo - that is an awesome accomplishment!!! WTG!

Edited by ellgee