Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Who's Getting Banded in July?

Iam a July bandster. I was banded on July 2nd and had a fill of 4 cc's in a 10 cc band at time of surgery. Its been 8 days since surgery and I called yesterday to complain that from the moment my feet hit the floor till the moment I go to bed I feel SO full that I actually feel unwell. Although since day 4 post op I have been cleared to go to mushies I cannot! I try but can't more than a few spoons in my mouth and then I feel SO OVER FULL that I get sick and feel bad the rest of the day. They told me to stick out another week to see if more weight loss and decreased swelling in the next wk help out. Today I have excess saliva and all I've had is 4 bites of oatmeal and a 4oz Protein Drink. I think Iam too full. Iam supposed to go back to work on mon and I don't think Iam well enough especially if I continue to feel this way. Should I get an unfill now or wait it out. Iam so uncomfortable. If I leaned my head over the toilet I would throw up my Protein drink! Iam doing all I can to hold it down. I cannot imagine going another wk like this. What do you do???? Am I too tight???? Should I wait and just stick out this awful feeling all day everyday till next wk???? The Smarty Pants at the dr's office at FIRST tried telling me this was the concept behind the band. I said I understand that but I also understand that Iam not supposed to feel so full that Iam sick and can't even swallow my own spit. Please advise asap.

That doesnt seem right to me. My first fill wont be until 6 weeks post op - to allow for swelling to go down and healing. I am surprised you have a fill already. You may want to discuss this further with your doctor.

It doesn't sound right to me either. Iam so full and sick of feeling this full. I was shocked to find I had a fill b/c I asked at my pre op testing if I would have a fill and was told NO. Then when I called yesterday to complain about my restriction she advised my fill might need to be undone a bit. I said excuse me? I said I have fill? She said Dr. Nunn always puts fill in his patients at time of surgery. I asked how much I had and she went and got my chart and informed me of my 4cc's. I only have 5 days to go till my appt but I swear this is killing me. I get up each morning and walk around all day with a 2lb brick in my gut. NOT COMFORTABLE. I think this is stopping me from feeling better "after surgery". All I think about is my restriction, how tight it is, how bad I feel, how full I feel, how I can't eat, and I spend all day trying to hold my own spit down.

Edited by annabella

:thumbup:I am getting banded at OCC July 23rd. Anyone else taking the plunge on or near that day? I am going alone, it would be wonderful to meet some other bandsters.

Hugs

Trudy

Called dr a few minutes ago and told them I simply couldn't wait another wk. Iam going tomorrow at 9am for an unfill. Hopefully I will feel better.

I got banded a couple days ago, and I didn't have a fill. My doc said that I can't have a fill until 6 weeks post op... I've never heard of them filling during surgery.

I had my surgery July 3rd. The first 2 days were not great but tolerable. I'm on my 7th day and today is a good day. Hope I am finally over the severe gas pains. Looking forward to hopefully doing well. My scales say that I am 15 pounds lighter. This is from 1 week to surgery & starting liquid diet. I am very excited and hope to continue to do well. Im having difficulty getting all Protein in. I am only consuming 500-600 calories a day. I am full after a few sips of anything. Overall I feel good. The last 3 days I have been able to walk about 1/2 mile. I am weak but hope energy level will increase with time.

I was banded July 4th. Still not doing as well as I thought. Still coughing up blood in my phlem. We would Bajanor but so many didn't speak any English that my husband and I are waiting to see the doctor Monday. My chest hurts, along with my side. The pain is still there but mostly worried about the blood that I cough up. We told Bajanor I was coughing blood but they didn't undrstand even through they knew I was having complications. Any one esle doing this? I am not even able to work yet either. I have lost probaly over $1,000 just in the last couple of days.

I hope evey one else does well and doesn't get scared!

Iam not coughing up blood but Iam coughing up lots of phlem over the last few days. I don't feel sick but have lots of junk in my chest. They said it was to be expected b/c of the tube. I would def get checked out b/c blood is NOT normal in your tummy? Keep us posted.

I can hardly wait for my unfill tomorrow. I want at least 1cc gone. Iam hoping for restriction but not as much as I have now. ITS unbearable.

9lbs lost in one week!

Hi I got banded on Monday by Dr. Ortiz. Feeling pretty good. I slept on my side the night of the surgery with no problems. I still have some gas and am tender but overall I am good. I have no appetite and eat 1/2 a popsicle at a time. I have lost 12 pounds including my preop diet. I don't get banded for 6 to 8 weeks. So far I am very pleased with the results.

I am actually taking the liquids great! I feel slight restriction, but I can definately tell the swelling is going down. I have a feeling I'll be one of those who will need quite a fill at the 6 week point!

it is nearly midnight and i have to be at the hosp by 7:30. My problem is not surgery, but I have a phobia of doctors which developec as a very small child. I have learned to be honest and it helps but the 2 sleeping pills I took are not working. Can't imagine why!!! yeah right. Thank the Lord for nurses. They are the most wonderful of Fod's creations. I actually spend far too much time inthe hosp with my back and my asthma, so you'd think I'd be used to it my now.....it never gets any better.....my hubby is sleeping like a baby beside me and i just wanna stab him...my older son is on his machine and the little one is out at a friend's.. i feel unloved ( totally untrue but i feel it) they are so used to me like this that they just ignore it, for their safety. 12 hrs from now my new life starts, I am cool with that....it is the next 10 hrs I have to survive!!!!!

Don't be afraid embrace it. Your life starts changing in ten hours. You will be fine just some what sore when you wake up. Yes my husband too can sleep very well and I feel lonely at times too. Now go Night Night and think only postive thoughts as you close your eyes.