Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Who's Getting Banded in July?

Wow, way to go Josh! Eyespy, I almost feel the same way. I have not had a fill yet, and did have some restriction in the beginning, but not anymore. Now I could probably almost eat whatever I wanted to. I have just been on my own calorie-counting diet and exercise to lose weight. I was doing fine and still losing, but now I just hit the "dieter's roadblock" I went to a wedding over the weekend and I'm still in that mode!!! So today the scale said that I was 2#s up!!!! I have not exercised since Friday. I do know that I must get back on track, and tomorrow I will go to the gym! I hope that when I do get a fill that will help. :crying:

I am calling the nurse tomorrow and telling her that I will not make it another 6 weeks for my next fill. I have been eating about 3 oz. of meat and a few tbsp. of vegetable/starch. I could eat much more. The fear of stretching my pouch is the only thing keeping me on this starvation diet! I will be so glad to get to where some of you are--getting full after 1/2 c. food.< /p>

I think that is a really good idea! Go for it. My Dr has been aggressive with my fills and it makes all the difference in the world. I am not hungry in between meals at all. Good Luck!!

I am calling the nurse tomorrow and telling her that I will not make it another 6 weeks for my next fill. I have been eating about 3 oz. of meat and a few tbsp. of vegetable/starch. I could eat much more. The fear of stretching my pouch is the only thing keeping me on this starvation diet! I will be so glad to get to where some of you are--getting full after 1/2 c. food.< /div>

I will not have my first fill until the 10th. That being said, I eat a cup of veg/carb plus 3oz of Protein. There are days when I am so hungry I could eat a lot more. I saw my nutritionist Monday and we went over my diet and he did not have a problem with the amount. Are others only allowed 1/2 cup of food?

I will not have my first fill until the 10th. That being said, I eat a cup of veg/carb plus 3oz of Protein. There are days when I am so hungry I could eat a lot more. I saw my nutritionist Monday and we went over my diet and he did not have a problem with the amount. Are others only allowed 1/2 cup of food?

I had a fill last week and I am so hungry. I can eat a whole lean cuisine and it will fill me, but the PA told me the goal was to fill me to the point I can eat a half a cup and it should keep me full for 3-4hrs. I have an appointment for the next three months to get fills. It's gonna be a long three weeks until Sept 18th. I just have to keep journaling, exercising and staying away from trigger foods.

Hi everyone - I posted this on the July Bandsters thread as well so some of you may see it more than once.

I had a reality check at the Dr's yesterday. I was complaining about slow weight loss, hunger, etc. He reminded me that it's only been 5 weeks, that I am still healing and that hunger will be normal until the first fill. He encouraged me to try to get in Protein and Water. He also said that if I needed to up my calories to 1500 that was ok. My first fill in 9/8. He said that things will get better then with my hunger.

Well I went for my first fill on Tuesday and he put in 2ccs. Everything that I have eaten since that is not full liquids I have thrown up. I am now going back today to hopefully get some out and ease my way into this. I am wondering how this is going to work for me if I keep throwing up?

I am also wondering if I am rushing back to the doctor too soon. They seem to think I should be back on solids within a day or two. Um no. I hear about people going up to 5cc-8ccs in a 10cc band and I am shocked. I mean seriously, how can you eat at all?

Anyways, other than that I feel great! I hope everyone is losing and feeling better that when we began this journey!

I had a reality check at the Dr's yesterday. I was complaining about slow weight loss, hunger, etc. He reminded me that it's only been 5 weeks, that I am still healing and that hunger will be normal until the first fill.

Not trying to be Debbie Downer, but more reality check, I had a fill, 1.8 cc in a 10 cc band and I still feel no restriction. You too may not feel any more restriction after the first fill than I do, nadda, nothing. She tried 3 cc's which was too tight, the barium wouldnt go thru to my stomach so she pulled out all but 1.8 cc, which I think was too far the other way. Color me dissapointed 'cause she only is in that location every other sat and first she has a wedding and then I have a cruise (with no restriction

:lol: ) .... so I cant get another fill until sept 27th, and I was banded july 9th.

Assuming you will feel restriction after the first fill may be setting yourself up for dissapointment, it sure did me. I came home so depressed when I found I could still eat anything.

Flowers, I understand where your comming from. That's what i'm afraid of, my first fill is on 9/02 and then i'm going on vacation on the 5th I'm almost sure i'll need a few fills i have a 10cc band with a 9cc fill level. when i got banded there was 7 of us. All got a 10cc band but everyone elses fill level was 4cc i guess i have a large stomach. so i'm preparing ahead of time so i won't be to disapointed. but it's going to be hard because i already get that way now(only every blue moon) today being one of those moons. gained a 1 1/2 lbs this week and now i have to move that stupid ticker up instead of down. :biggrin: :lol:

I know some who even got pre fills, but my surgeon was dead set against it. I asked him twice, but he said he was afraid it could cause leaks, no dice.

I dont know the temptations you will have on your vacation, but on a cruise, they have all those Desserts to die for and bacon and potatoes for Breakfast, hard to say no to everything. I gained 7 lbs on one cruise and I just cant do that again this time, that was the start of regaining over 80 lbs I had lost before and if I backslide that much I get discouraged.

Im telling myself at least I have my band, some suggested not getting my band until after my cruise and just eat on the cruise and then get the band to start, at least Im started and got the surgery behind me and the 30 days of no real food (sorry mushys dont cut it in my book)

I called the nurse and told her that I wasn't feeling any different and that I didn't think I would make it six more weeks for my next fill. I have an appointment for next week!

I think maybe I should try to eat more than I am. I am just so worried about stretching out the band, but I am tired of being miserable because I am always hungry. I eat plenty of Protein. So, I decided that I will eat just a normal size portion of meat and starch and just keep chewing everything like I am supposed to. So, last night, we went out to eat.

I have been craving a hamburger like crazy! I have pretty much been eating chicken and fish, so I felt it was in moderation. I also decided to have the fried--my first questionable meal since surgery on July 16. I ate about half of the burger and half of the fries and it filled me up! That was the first time since surgery that I have felt full.

Yesterday, I planned out my meals for the rest of the week, and I am going to eat a normal sized portion--normal for someone eating a 1200 calorie diet, anyway. I think this is a better option than starving all of the time. I was filling a binge coming on! I haven't really eaten any junk food so far, but I was feeling it coming on!