Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I'm here to help...

Good morning ladies!

Sorry I have been mia the past couple of days, been real busy.

So I have been doing pretty well, just changing how I eat, making sure I am eating at least a little in the morning, lunch and dinner. Trying not to eat after 7:30. It is hard though!

Still get the bad reflux, even just after morning coffee with nothing to eat!

I have not gotten on the scale though, think I will tomorrow!

coffee on an empty stomach? Reflux! Coffee is full of acid. to neutralize the acid add lowfat milk. Also, don't eat for at least an hour before bedtime. Avoid chocolate, tomatoes and Tomato sauces, fatty or greasy foods, tea (including green tea) and never drink pop. All these things are notorious for causing reflux.

Evening ladies...sorry I've been scarce again.....getting ready for this trip. My sister and her DH are here and it's keeping me busy. I'll be sort of checking in the next couple of weeks, but it will be hit and miss unless I have a good internet connection and time....and you never know that may happen.

Hope all is well with you guys because I haven't had time to read the posts. Sis and I will be leaving tomorrow...DH has to stay home and take care of the "family".

Talk to you all later.

Eva

Lori, your husband sounds very level-headed about your family of origin. Only you can take away their power to hurt you. Why give them that power another year of your life? You'll know you're getting better when you can laugh at your sister's shaming e-mails. You could e-mail her and say you gave up guilt for Lent and just haven't been inclined to take it back.

One of the things that I have learned to say when resentment wants to build up in me over injustice done to me is the following prayer my Alanon sponsor taught me. God bless them twice as much as me and grant them health, happiness and prosperity. She told me to say this three times in a row, three times a day until I could really mean it. I have also said about certain people, "God bless them and keep them...away from me!" Ha!

You really didn't want to be invited to their house anyway, did you?

Cheri

Linda....by no means was this my first colonoscopy. I have had many...just not for 5 yrs though. I did call doc's office when I got the instructions and could hear him giving exact details to his nurse and I wrote everything down and it coincided with what I got in the mail from him. It's all behind me and never to return to him again.

And, for all of you that said I should have chewed on him...well, I was out of it at the time and then he disappeared. I sat down at the computer this morning and wrote a letter to him. He now knows....

Good Morning Gang

Never made it here last night - had gym then Andrew came to do his wash. OMG I have so gotten use to my time - my house - me and my zoo.. Love my baby - but I was pooped yesterday and really didn't want company ;0).

Linda - I got those leg cramp pills - the p.m. kind that help you sleep ;0) and found out they dislove in your mouth without any after taste - I don't like taking pills of any kind on a full stomach - and usually before bed I have a full tummy..

You will need to remind me of those pills next time I have to have a colonoscopy ;0) I don't want to drink all that stuff and w/my band doubt that I could.. How's DSD & DGD..

Glad you are dealing w/your issues and seeing someone - I think everyone can benefit from seeing someone sometime in their lives.

Cheri - Girl you just crack me up - Gave guilt up for Lent - That's a good one.. I think you should have been a shrink..

Eva - Well Love to you have a great time (even though I don't remember where you are going THIS TIME :0) LOL) I will be around for 1 more week then gone - don't know if hotel has free wi fi - may need to ck it out - if I can remember ;0) Andrew has a small notebook..

Apples - You would be able to get all I have to do in one day :0) - for me it's just hecktic - I do have a few hours of my time but it will be filled w/the usual stuff.. Just gotta make sure it's all done - I hate last minute stuff and rushing.. That's why I get up at 5 every morning - I like to sit and have my coffee and wake up slowly ;0)

Chris how you doing??

Julie - I keep thinking how sweet that you worry about me being alone.. That's so nice - I have tons of places to go if I want - I have a lot of good friend - My GF candy is the 1st place I would go if I was going somewhere - I don't even need an invite - I can just show up - But right now - I want to chill - hell who knows by Turkey day I may want to go.. But don't worry - I'm fine ;0)

Jessica, Melissa, Laurak, Laura, Jodi, Great, Sandy, Joyce hugs to you all - I know I most likely missed someone - but it's 5 and I'm still drinking my coffee

Bwhitty - I can eat everything means to me healthy foods - that certain foods that can be unfreindly to most banders aren't unfriendly to mine.

Well it's 5:30 time to start moving to the shower - maybe one more cup of coffee..

CBL

But, Janet, you have to realize...I don't have a full time job so I have time for things that anyone that does work would not even think about being able to do. I do have a lot of idle time. What I do and the tasks I have a really quite piddly compared to others that work outside the home. I've been there, done that for many years so know what ppl go through to get things done. Hopefully next week you will feel some of the busyness ease and you can relax on your vacation and just enjoy your family time. A nice thing you are doing for them.

Cheri...guilt can interrupt life and I like your idea of giving it up. My youngest always gave up watermelon and corn on the cob (not in season)...smart boy.

Linda....you have had more than your share of stress lately with kids, etc. and good to hear that you are going to go and talk about it and find out how to better handle it. I a believer in unloading. Heck, had weekly sessions for 4.5 yrs when dealing with my family of origin issues and childhood horrors. With the issues we have had in our lives since last spring, I have been booking weekly visits again. Really makes a difference on how I deal. Hugs.

Good Morning to All....On the run today. Have the truck fueled up and ready to go. Farm errands and a bit of driving. Just hate to go out in the cold but gotta do it. Think I will take the dog along for some company. I will have time to hit my favorite upscale consignment shop and look a bit. As I've stated b/4, I need not a thing but love a good deal.

Janet, I believe Eva is driving to Ohio. Quite the drive...ewww. I'm an air traveller and already not looking forward to the long drive to AZ.

Oh...not saying too much right now but FINALLY things are getting wrapped up with stalking case. Who would have thunk it could take the long? Will let you all know when things are taken care of. It has really sucked but we will put it all to bed soon. At least I have the upper hand with it all and proof.

Will catch up with you all later.

Apples, hugs on the stalker, can't wait to hear how you did them in.

LauraK

Yep...going to put this behind us...been going on for way too long. There will be consequences for their actions.

Hey Phyll...Can you hear me???? How are you doing? Getting out some???? Miss you.:blushing:

Lori, your husband sounds very level-headed about your family of origin. Only you can take away their power to hurt you. Why give them that power another year of your life? You'll know you're getting better when you can laugh at your sister's shaming e-mails. You could e-mail her and say you gave up guilt for Lent and just haven't been inclined to take it back.

One of the things that I have learned to say when resentment wants to build up in me over injustice done to me is the following prayer my Alanon sponsor taught me. God bless them twice as much as me and grant them health, happiness and prosperity. She told me to say this three times in a row, three times a day until I could really mean it. I have also said about certain people, "God bless them and keep them...away from me!" Ha!

You really didn't want to be invited to their house anyway, did you?

Cheri

Thanks Cheri. Love it, gave up guilt for lent and haven't taken it back. AS for wanting to be invited if it didn't involve Grandma no I didn't want to at all. Since it did involve her, I sortta did want to. But going forward, no and for Christmas not at all. My focus and energy will now be focused on my kids and my upcoming grandbaby who do want to spend time with me and love me. Forget the rest.

Good morning! Another busy day for me. Going to meet a friend at a craft/gift boutique. It's a place with lots of different booths (years ago I had one when I had my craft business) and there's also a little restaurant there with various Soups we will have lunch. Then to costco, but am debating about waiting to go there tomorrow. President Bush is supposed to be there and thought it might be interesting to see all the hoopla, though it might be too crazy. Tonight is Bunko.

Eva, is it Ohio you are going to? What route are you driving?

Janet, vacation is so close. A nice long time to recharge. Your family is so lucky to have you to take them, many memories will be made I am sure.

Linda, Thanks for the advice. I have talked to someone somewhat about things while I lived in Denver. Glad to hear you will be as well. HOpe things calm down for you soon, miss ya!

Julie, do you go back to mayo anytime soon for your shoulder pain?

Just a reminder to everyone -- read this article from the 5 day pouch test web site.

5daypouchtest.com/articles/art014.html

Since I did the pouch test, I've felt so very much better -- I think we really need to quit trying to "eat like a normal person" -- afterall, we are NOT normal -- or we would not have been obese to begin with. I know I too have been guilty of this thinking -- I "got it" that I had to change what I ate to "lose" the weight - I "got" that I had to exercise to "lose" the weight, but I was getting very defensive about "I want to eat everything again" -- well, fact is I can't - I will never be able to so I might as well get that through my thick head now. If I want to stay this way I must follow the original rules -- Protein first, Water, no snacking and no drinking with meals. I was getting lazy and mad that I was in a plateau but I was lazy about my food intake and trying to "be a normal person". I feel darn lucky that I didn't gain a bunch of weight -- I only gained a couple before I got my brain back on track. Just wanted to pass this along to helpfully help someone else avoid this dastardly path. I was lucky that i was feeling crappy -- losing my pep and energy -- and just with a few days eating correctly that energy has returned. Hope this helps someone else.

Love to you all.

Linda

Edited by ljv52

Well, good morning everyone, and I mean everyone!

Gosh you all seem like you are very busy right now.

My life right now seems pretty calm compared to most of you!:w00t:

I seem to be on a bit of a platue right now, but that has kinda been my pattern! Loose two, lose one, then hold for a while etc.:blushing:

Don't have big plans for T-day just a couple of family members over. I am going to do the cooking with Mom supervising:biggrin:! I haven't done the cooking in a few years so it will be fun!

I don't think I will put any pressure on me about the food, as I go for my third fill on Tues., and as long as I keep journaling, and walking it shouln't be a problem:thumbup:!

Apples wish I was going to the thrift store with you, it is one of my great loves, pick something out really pretty:thumbup:!

The weather here is still wonderful, chilly in the mornings and 70 in the afternoons. We are supposed to get some rain this weekend (which is good) snow in the high country we need as we are a huge farming and ranching community!

Well going to go check out some recipes for dinner tonight!

More pictures of "Sophie"

Good Morning Everyone, I haven't been here for a long while. Had my one year bandiversary in October and have lost 71 pounds. Everything is going great. Well, sort of....

I haven't had a fill in a few months because I feel like I have good restriction. I lose very slowly now...around a 1/2 pound every 1-2 weeks...but as long as it's not going up, fine.

A couple weeks ago, I started feeling "tight". I've had trouble with food getting stuck again, tho I am eating little bites to keep this from happening. But I'm experiencing reflux at night for the past couple nights...and that is just not nice.

I wanted to see if any of you experience the same kinds of things. Band feeling tighter after no adjustment. Reflux. I just called the doc and have an appointment at noon today. So we'll see how it goes.

Of course, the main worry si "omg...does this mean the band slipped?" i'm hoping not because I love my band.

any thoughts?

Morning all. On my way to pt. Doing good so far. Yesterday was at about 120 degrees movement. Sore as heck but getting better. Now if I can just get my work to pay me the sick time and vacation I have things will be much better.

K now for the great news. NSV TO REPORT

went to closet this morning. Grabed a pair of shorts and threw them on. Thought these fell different then the ones I had on yesterday. So I checked. Yep old shorts 46 these 42. Yep yep. BIG GRIN.

WTG CHRIS !!!!! FANTASTIC NSV !!!!

Noosie - Let us know how your dr appt goes - just hope maybe you are stress and that's making your band tight..

Apples - The whole thing is I am off next week - Just so much too in a short amount of time ;0) and yesterday I re-filled my xanax script for Family Vaca - You don't know my family - this one what this to eat that one wants that to eat - they want everything plain just ordering food is an ordeal - Joseph & Melissa will picker - they all will sleep till noon - Teenagers will pout Brooke will act like a 6 yr old and be wild at time - So My plan to deal with all this - is a.m. when I am up at the crack of dawn - hit the gym... Then BF at one of the buffets - then bathing suit - beach - book - ipod... and when we go to town - xanax ;0) and cocktails..

Kelly & Chris I don't have your email address - sent the girls some great trukey day receipts - You guys email me and I will send to you too

jwrightpim@aol.com

back to work