Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I'm here to help...

One our way out the door...Biker Babe and Biker Dude.

You guys are Too Cute

ok..... fly by post..... way too many pages to read! Anyone care for a recap? It's like a nightcap but you give it to people like me who don't have time to read 15 pages on our precious thread but soooo care about the people and want to know what is going on!

I have been busy living life. Busy week as classroom mom and all the class crafts and activities... Being a good partner to my hardworking DH (who will get up at 2am for a case and won't even B&M a bit.) I am so grateful for him (and he for I, so it's a win/win)... getting ready for Halloween (we had WAY too many parties this year for Nels!) but on the positive note we WAY got our money's worth for the costume! I can't believe we will T or T on a school night. Sigh. Glad it will be dark- will be easier to get him home. : )

We are going home for Thanksgiving. DH is off. Dad's PET scan is on Nov. 23, so we will be there for that. Not anything we can DO for him, but be there for moral support. Tough emotional times for my parents. LONG year it's been.

I am still maintaining. Need I say more. Status quo. Not happy with it, but not upset. It is what it is.

Miss you all so much! Will hopefully have more time this week to get caught up and do real posts!

peasout..................... Laura

a few pics.. me and nels at the Halloween day at his school. me at an adult party.. nelson reunited with his last year's GF who went to old school (hug and KISSED on lips!OMG), The neighbor kids all dressed up, Nels last night drinking pumpkin juice, as he calls FANTA..LOL and admiring our carving work.

HAPPY HALLOWEEN EVERYONE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

One our way out the door...Biker Babe and Biker Dude.

If there was a contest......I hope you won....Hilarious!

Nothing weight loss to report this morning. I hope all you you have great day! I am off to church then an afternoon of "chillin" and watching football before "trick or treat" time. I do love to see the little ones in costume. My 6 yr old DGD was a tooth fairy and her brother(18mos) was a quarter. His mom painted a huge quarter board for the front and back and he wore shiny silver pants. My two year old DGD is going as a fairy. She has hand painted wings, and her wand is a pom pom of tool. I'll try to get a pic.

I will check in tomorrow. Weigh in time.

Surprise Good Morning Gang - On DS (son) laptop - skimmed the 4-5 pages..

Chris - you are a trooper !! WTG both surgeries !!

Apples love your costumes :0) I have never gone to an adult dress up party - how fun,..

Charlene - sounds like you are doing good w/your food & Excerise!!! I love seeing the little kids dress up too

Great - glad you are having goood visit w/DS - Mine said he was glad to see me - 4 weeks and I will be in Barcelo Palace Deluxe :0)

Eva you will figure out a plan that works for you on working from home - like I said before it would be tough for me - but maybe one day I will work from home - maybe it would give me incentive to work harder faster to get stuff done - but again - I could up date policies at 11 pm - who knows.

Laura - Hugs on Dad - My sis is 152 - she has never ever been this heavy - it the combination of quiting smokeing - eating entire choc cakes and the steriods - I didn't reconigize her on friday - we are having a great visit - don't stay too long cuz I don't want to wear her out - yesterday 4 hrs - made her my ck dumpling Soup - they say that once they lower her steriods that she's going to be in trouble again - so I am happy that I am up here now..

Well just a drive by - wanted to pop in - be home monday...

love to all xoxox Janet

Good morning peeps,

Just back from church. My DH worked all night so he's going to bed. I'm going to walk and then call various dear grandchildren to see with whom I can go trick-or-treating.

I went grocery shopping for myself yesterday. Stocked up on my Atkins products that my DH can't remember to buy when he does the grocery shopping. I need them at work, especially, since I frequently need something I can just grab over the course of my 10 hour day.

I also bought an herb and garlic rotisserie roasted chicken. I can pick off that today and tomorrow, but my main plan is to cut off and dice the chicken and freeze it in baggies to take to school for lunch. I bought little containers of basil pesto, olive tapinade, and hummus to add to the bags or to dip the chicken in. I also bought small containers of deli-made chili and broccoli cheese Soup to bring to work or to make for myself at night. These will all get Protein into me without irritating my stomach and making me pb. The rotisserie chicken is just about the tenderest, juiciest chicken and dipped in these good-for-you Condiments should slide through a little easier.

I have lost 3 lbs and am back down to the top of my self-imposed weight range but I'm still really tight. My stomach is still irritated so I need Protein sliders. That way I won't get too much Calcium from drinking too many Protein shakes. I plan to lose 4 more lbs by Thanksgiving so that I'll be at the bottom of my weight range and much more comfortable.

I also noticed that the new meds I'm taking for my Sjogren's need to be taken with food or milk so I'm making sure I swallow them with milk and that I've had at least a little something to eat. That means I have to take the meds to work for now since I can't even get a Protein Drink down for over an hour. That may have been irritating my stomach as well and causing swelling which makes the band more restrictive.

The main thing that will reduce the pbing and allow me to eat the meat I love that keeps me satisfied will be to lose the weight. Nothing loosens the band like losing the weight.

So people, if you're pbing, you are probably eating too much, eating too fast, gaining weight, or eating things that irritate your stomach keeping it swollen.

The band is a powerful tool. Listen to what it's telling you.

Cheri

Busy weekend ladies,

My sister (the one in Florida) came in Tuesday and has left today with a moving truck. She is storing some of her stuff in a POD and took some of it with her. So I've been busy all weekend getting her moved out. I think everything is finally calming down, I hope.

Cheri, your determination is admirable. Sorry you are having so much trouble with the protien. Congrats on the weight loss however. If I had a child with learning issues, I think I'd love to have you teach them. You care so much, it's admirable. Have fun trick-or-treating!

Janet, glad to hear your trip is going well. Take care and we'll type at you when you get back.

Arlene, I think the GK's costumes sound so cute. Pictures would be great. Have fun tonight! I've always loved Halloween. I wanted to get married on Halloween, but it was a little too soon for DH. We would have had a Halloween party with the wedding thrown in, but it didn't work that way. Instead we did Mardi Gras in February....still had masks, but got to dress fancy. I'll post one of the wedding pictures.

Laura, life with young kids will keep you running. Are you still volunteering as a NP? Glad to hear you'll be able to spend Thanksgiving with your parents. It's great that DH will be able to go with you too. I take it you are flying? Have fun with the Halloween bunch tonight!

Chris, walking is your friend. The more you walk, the better you will feel. It improves everything. Glad to hear you are doing so well. How's the shoulder?

Apples, you are so together....I'd love to have Christmas done, but it just isn't going to happen early this year. I'm cutting way back and will be doing a little on-line shopping and that's about it. DH and I are buying each other a new HDTV. We've been contributing to "the fund" for a while so this purchase should be painless (except deciding which one to go with). Did you have fun at your Halloween parties? You looked great! Such eye makeup!!

Phyl, glad you are feeling better. When do you get the MRI results? So where's the Zoey in her witch's outfit picture?

Linda, you doing the Halloween thing tonight with your GD? Little kids are so cute all dressed up.

Lori, hope you are having a nice Sunday. DH still crashed out on the couch? Doesn't he ever suffer from jet lag? Where's the next trip?

DH wants to go to a little bluegrass festival today. He's out visiting a friend, so we will see when he gets home. I'm avoiding doing anything important today. I did clean my microwave counter and cabinet, so that was something.

I'm hosting FNSC next Friday so I will be doing a very thorough house cleaning on Thursday. I really do need to do it and get it all done, then I can just keep it up. House cleaning is not my forte.

Okay....off to do some mindless stuff.

Eva

Eva...I hope you realize that it was a mask I was wearing....It came with cig in the mouth and everything. DH and I wore those outfits 15 yrs ago and revived them this year. We had a great time last night. Hit three different contests and danced a lot. We both just loved it and were able to pull it off where no one knew who we were and kept them guessing.

Ditto what Eva said about Cheri...I agree.

I'm sick, sick, sick today. Been in too much grain dust and it's affected me. Vertigo set in big time. Feel like I have to have one foot on the floor at all times just to keep from spinning. Will be off to the doc tomorrow if it doesn't let up. Not good for the stomach either. Having a time getting the cals in today. Did not get up till 3pm when our first T&T arrived. Sooooooooooooo, back to the couch.

Phyll, hope you get your energy back soon. Also hope they can do something about your neck and back pain. Now that you're settled in one place you can maybe also get back into onederland and beyond. Good for you, though, in not gaining all the weight back.

I don't think we always give ourselves enough credit just for maintaining at whatever plateau we're on. Some have gained 10-15 lbs back but called a halt. Others aren't losing but they're not gaining. Many aren't losing but they're exercising so they're losing inches.

This is a disease and it is life-long. The band is a tool but the disease can still take over. Kudos to all of us who post here and hold ourselves and each other accountable. We each have our peccadilloes and can't all follow the same path. Some find journalling helpful, others don't. Some find counting carbs helpful, others find counting calories helpful, some can't accurately do either, like me. I just try to keep my Protein high and my carbs low and let the band help me with quantity. Some weigh everyday to hold themselves accountable, some weekly, some monthly. Some allow themselves daily treats, some weekly, and some monthly. Some exercise like demons and some can't exercise at all.

The main thing is, we're all, despite falls off the wagon, working on managing this disease. We can't cure it, but with God's help and each other's, we can manage it. God bless you all ladies and gentlemen for being there for each other and for me. Cheri

So very well put, Cheri!! Thanks for the encouragement. There have just been so many challenges this year!! And today.... feeling so good, but just noticed my face feels hot. So took my temp.... 99.4, so it's going up again! And my "normal" temp is about 97! WTH!!! I may have to go to urgent care after all!! Was convinced the curd was gone!

Eva, I am doing ok. I haven't lost anything in awhile but I have went down another pant size. That makes me happy. I haven't been walking a lot miles but I have walked almost everyday. Today I worked on leaves for over 2 hrs. I can feel some muscles that I haven't used in awhile. LauraK

Congrats on the pant size!!! I've been in the same size for SO long I don't even want to think about it! Neighbor had some "hand me downs" that someone gave her. There were 3 size 18s in there.... one pair was too big, one pair was too small and one pair fit just right! Tops I usually wear an XL, but some that run small, I still need a Plus size.

WTG on the walking, too!!

36_2_37.gif

So just got back from a trip to Walmart. Did alot of walking. Feel really good so far. Chris

Good for you, Chris!! You're doing GREAT!!!

Good afternoon! I am around, actually this is the first weekend since before our Vegas gathering that I've been home. But DS just flew in this morning so have been busy sucking up all the time I can with him. He's napping on the sofa now, poor guy worked all night then went to the airport and got on a flight here. But it's nice to have him here. He did go to Home Depot with DH to help him get and load a snowblower into our vehicle. A snowblower was one of my 'conditions' of moving. LOL DH is gone so much and there's no way I am going to shovel a 3 car driveway by myself when he's gone. And it always snows when he's gone. LOL Also it's north facing, meaning if we don't clear it right away it gets icy bad. I couldn't convince him to spend the extra $$$ for the fancy model with the hand warmers however. LOL Then we had to run to Walmart for candy. Usually I don't do Halloween for personal belief reasons and we usually aren't home. We aren't going to be home tomorrow night but I found out that seeing as this is Utah, Halloween falls on Sunday, so when it does they switch it to Saturday, they being the Mormons. So I ran and got some candy to hand out, feel bad being home and not answering the door. However, it's now pouring rain so if it doesn't clear up I may have wasted money on candy. LOL I got DS's favorites so he can take it home then. Though usually candy isn't a temptation for me, just those chips and popcorn. LOL

I'm with you on the Halloween thing, but I love to see the kids in their costumes. We have very few kids here in the park, and even one year when we stayed home until after Halloween, very few kids came to our door at the condo.

There was an Oktoberfest pot luck/costumes and talent show here on Friday. We always go, but, too sick this year.

On our way out the door...Biker Babe and Biker Dude.

TOO CUTE!!!

15_8_211.gif 15_9_28.gif

Nothing weight loss to report this morning. I hope all you you have great day! I am off to church then an afternoon of "chillin" and watching football before "trick or treat" time. I do love to see the little ones in costume. My 6 yr old DGD was a tooth fairy and her brother(18mos) was a quarter. His mom painted a huge quarter board for the front and back and he wore shiny silver pants. My two year old DGD is going as a fairy. She has hand painted wings, and her wand is a pom pom of tool. I'll try to get a pic. I will check in tomorrow. Weigh in time.

I'm watching GB/NYJ right now. I'm sure it's over, but I recorded it so I can FF over the commercials and boring parts!! These two QBs are both on one of my two Fantasy teams, and I had a hard time deciding who to leave on the bench!! I've been using Aaron Rodgers every week and he's pretty much been disappointing me, so I put Mark Sanchez in and neither one is doing anything exciting!! Maybe I should fire BOTH of them and pick new ones!!! LOL

18_1_321.gif 18_1_323.gif

Surprise Good Morning Gang - On DS (son) laptop - skimmed the 4-5 pages..

I have never gone to an adult dress up party - how fun,..

UH.... what about your "Star" costume for the bowling party??

23_29_137.gif

My sis is 152 - she has never ever been this heavy - it the combination of quitting smoking - eating entire choc cakes and the steroids - I didn't recognize her on Friday - we are having a great visit - don't stay too long cuz I don't want to wear her out - yesterday 4 hrs - made her my ck dumpling Soup - they say that once they lower her steroids that she's going to be in trouble again - so I am happy that I am up here now.. Well just a drive by - wanted to pop in - be home monday... love to all xoxox Janet

So glad you are having a good visit with your sis!! WE MISS YOU!!! HUGS!!

Steroids really make your face swell up bad. Just stopped to see a neighbor who is on them and she looks so puffy! And, they make you HUNGRY!! So understandable that she's put weight on.

Uh oh, I missed a few things. Will try to remember now!

Eva and Laura... loved the pics!!

And, Apples... so sorry to hear you aren't feeling well today! Stay on the couch!! That's what I'm doing. Took Zoey for one short scooter ride because we didn't pick up the mail yesterday.

Sorry... no picture of her in her witch dress yet.

Maybe I'll put it back on tonight and take a few.

Edited by phyllser

Shoulder is not doing well today. I got tired of sleeping sitting up and decided to go to my bed. WOW OMG bad mistake. That was at 530 this morning. Still hurts like #}££. That's the first time so far that the pain has been unmanageable. Last couple days just tylanol till this morning. It was deffinatly a sight. Not sure who was more upset Deb or I. Ndid get out and go to homedepot and grocery store though.

Chris

The evil twin comes out now to watch Dexter. See ya'll later.

Cheri

Hi all....

Just read through ten pages...wow. busy busy.

Tex....glad to see your doing okay!!! Dont push that shoulder..take it easy youl need to recoup so recoup!!!

Joyce, have a great trip and enjoy your family!!!

Great...glad your back.....

Janet, you went somewhere for the weekend....I hope you enjoyed.

Cheri...you are the teacher id move my kid to have for...no question there...you are better then even me!! lol (i could say that)

Eva, so much for retirement hey? Enjoy this though.....and make it what you want!

Julie, Pictures...sweet!!! Beutiful.

Sandy, thanks for the tip about Trader Joes..peanut butter flour....are you sure though it is Peanut Butter flour and not just peanut flour? Ive seen that but not the latter.....I am going there tomorrow to check this out..need to get some...as every one is raving about this!!!

Phyl, I hope you feel better soon....my bet is strep but.....you never know and you need to be sure!! Hope you went to the center.

Apples....sorry you arent feeling well...with your vertigo..Fee better.....

and that costume ..cute...cute..cute!!! I always missed being catholic on Holoween...my parents every year when I was little always used to fight about whether we should be allowed to go trick or treating as it isnt a Jewish holiday....but...when my mother argued that we would get "free" candy then my step father gave in lol. Hypocrite. We dont see much trick or treaters here in this neighborhood. I miss all that....Used to love going to the city to watch the holloween parade and then see "Rocky Horror Picture Show". Those were the days. lol.

Today went to brunch with my family for dads bday....yesturday. It was nice...at an inn...gorgeous place and delic looking buffet. I would have liked to have eaten but...am having such a hard time since my fill on Wednesday. Since getting that fill....I am stuck on pretty much everything im eating. Im thinking of calling the surgeon tomorrow....its that bad. I cant eat....really anything and if I eat something....I get this awful stuck feeling and it hurts like heck. I have never had a problem with any of the fills before and only get stuck on dry foods...but this? this isnt normal...and ive resorted to sliders as to not agravate so this is a problem....I think.

I just keep thinking sooo....you really didnt need that fill after all...see what happened.

On Thursday night I was so sick after getting stuck after one bite of something....I actually for the first time threw up...not just slimed but threw up. I felt better then but knew..this wasnt a good thing and if it continued over the weekend then Monday I would go get an unfil or something.

As far as food goes....Im afraid to eat so...not eating much.

We still have our foster dog...shes so sweet but apparently is not so sweet to some dogs that for what ever reason is she doesnt like.....yes we had an incident but thank god nothing happened to either dog. We were pretty scared though. It was not a good thing...and from now on no more dog run for us....apparently if there is another dog that wont back down after a tiff is started....its major fight....so had to break this one up and not going there again. No chances here....just cant believe how docile and sweet could turn and be so defensive thank god...was easy to pull her off and control her.

exersize on on Friday.....Thursday not...would have gone this morning but....was at bday brunch. Tomorrow morning its...back on Tred.....

I must go to sleep...so tired and its only Sunday night.....lol.

Have a great week all.

Jodi