Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I'm here to help...

Good Morning Girls and Tx...

TX...I hope that things are going good for you. Post when you can.

Sandy...dog park sounds like fun. Bet Charlie will appreciate being able to run around and let his ears flop and sniff some dog butt.

Sounds like you have a plan for your reconstruction. I swore I would never do it and be satisfied with what I ended up with. All I wanted to do was get to goal and be satisfied. I certainly don't mind my "front butt" as far as the way it looks. But, as I stated, it bothers me when I lay in bed and I have had some rashes over the summer and during harvest while working. I am a very active person and it's bugging me. I just need to make the decision whether I feel it's worth going though. Do I want to put up with the inconvenience from time to time or do I want it gone forever. And, since I started thinking about doing the procedure, I notice it more.

I don't have to worry about the top...I've had enough up there since 5th grade but understand how you feel about it. I have a friend (non-WLS) who is saving to fill up her A cups. She really needs to do this for herself. Not obsessive about it just something she wants to do and feels she was shorted in that department.

Eva...hope things level out for you with this new job so you can actually enjoy some non-work days. I know it took me awhile to get used to working from home. I got more done when I worked 50 hours a weeks cuz I think I HAD to be more organized to fit it all in.

As soon as I get my books done this morning, I am heading out to get the rest of my Christmas shopping done. Travelling about 70 miles to our nearest mall. Just could not find what I wanted online....got most done and just have 4-5 gifts to get done. Will stop off at a wake (friend's father) on my way home and have the funeral tomorrow morning.

You all have a good day. TGIF anyone?

Good Morning Peeps...

I'm leaving on a jet plane (remember the song ;0)...

Got to sleep till 6:30 - my knees ached last night - took me a while to get to sleep..

Well never got on computer last night - had gym at 6 - so didn't get home till after 7 - then kids called - then my gf called - had to figure out what I am wearing - kinda hard - cuz my closet is a mess - my winter clothes are in the other closet - then I have the whole airport security issues - don't want to wear boots - so I think I have it figured out - gotta shower dress - got get halloween candy (didn't dare get it last night - cuz I would have eaten it) so this morning gotta run to Target then got to go to some store and get tortillas (fiesta) for the kids - it's their fave and they can't get them up north..

Had my ck Soup for dinner - popcorn - vanilla greek yogurt w/WW cream cheese & brown sugar splenda - one of my fav Desserts - got that from my lucky 7 in WA - They used it as dip fruit - but it taste like cheese cake and I am getting Protein

food yesterday - pt shake w/pb2 and banana - salad w/chicken & avocado - bolthouse dressing - dinner chicken Soup 1 dumpling - popcorn - and yogurt concoction and 2 sf popsicles - my new thing -when I want to eat ;0) don't need room and 15 whole calories ;0)

Yep Sandy & everyone - remember everytime you want to eat something unhealthy and not exercise - it's your old self talking to you - Oh I'm maintaining - Oh one day won't hurt - well yes it will - those one days turn into 2 days - then 3 and you know the rest

I love the PB2 too - but it does go fast - 2 tbps spoons - I made it yesterday and gave to some pple on celery - and then gave them the netrion (sp) website - they all liked it..

I put in my vanilla greek yogurt the other night - the choc one - it was good - not to die for - but good..

Eva - I think it would be hard to work from home - I would like to but think I would find a lot of distractions - yep moving rock is your weight training ;0) - How's the food going.. Remember back on track..

Well it's 7 - need to jump in the shower -

Love to all may not talk to you all till Monday...

Just a quick drive by -- after fill last week and LOTS OF STRESS, I have returned to my lowest weight since surgery. Have discovered that extreme stress and frustration can cause weight loss for me - for the first time in my life.

Looking forward to "running away from home" on Monday morning at 7 a.m.

Miss all of you. Have NOT read thread - no time.

Just a quick drive by -- after fill last week and LOTS OF STRESS, I have returned to my lowest weight since surgery. Have discovered that extreme stress and frustration can cause weight loss for me - for the first time in my life.

Looking forward to "running away from home" on Monday morning at 7 a.m.

Miss all of you. Have NOT read thread - no time.

Sorry about the stress, Joyce...not the way a person wants to lose weight. Kind of like having the stomach flu. Have a good trip if we don't talk to you b/4 you leave. Safe travels.

Joyce Safe Travels - enjoy and relax !!! Ya stress will do it everytime - at least you aren't turning to foods..

Well leaving in 7 minutes...

Love to all - may have access to computer to ck in - during the weekend - if I don't

Happy Halloween

4 pieces (snack size) of candy and that's it !!!

Hi Everyone - just checking in. The scale hasn't budged since Wednesday. According to the scale, I haven't lost one ounce. I'm eating between 800-950 calories a day (never over) and exercising like crazy. An hour, 6 days a week. Just had to vent my frustration :-( Trying not to go crazy - plateau's are generally when I sabotage myself so I'm going to try and just push through this. I hope I can at least lose a pound this week. Frustrating...

SSSSSSSizzle....that's one HOT fireman. I see he is a Fire Chief...gotta admire him and the job he does.:thumbup:

Our oldest grandson is a firefighter, too, AND he's a HUNK!!

I told him he could be on one of those firefighter calendars!

He actually has done a little modeling a few years ago for store he was working at.

Slept well last night, woke up feeling so much better. But.... saw myself in the mirror a few minutes ago and cheeks are all rosy again.... feels like temp is going up again!! May go to urgent care after MRI today. Just not feeling THAT sick!! Still have a little neck pain but nothing like yesterday. This is so frustrating!

Zoey is out on the steps in her Halloween dress!! HAHAHA!! She doesn't seem to mind it but DH will probably have a fit when he comes back from the pool and sees her in it!!

Have just skimmed over last 3-4 pages of posts... sorry! Safe travels to Joyce, Janet.... and glad you're back home for a while, Lori!!

Jewel.... any wedding pictures yet??? I love to see all the pics people post! And I'm going to see if I have some of our good lookin' grandson to post. Of course, we have more than ONE good lookin' grandson, but I mean the firefighter one.

Did I tell you all that grandson, Justin, broke collar bone in his football game last Friday? He caught a 33 yd pass, landed on his right shoulder breaking the collar bone but transferred the ball to his left hand, popped up and threw it to the ref before he called for help. He says Tony Roma rolled on the ground like a girl when he broke his a few days later!! HAHA!! I put film clip of it happening on my FB page, as well as the x=ray which is pretty scary!! They have him in a soft brace for now and haven't decided yet if they will do surgery but looking at those bone ends... I don't see how it can heal without surgery. Bones aren't even lined up! Sad thing is that he's a senior and now he's out for the season. But he's pretty upbeat and now looking forward to getting in shape for the spring Lacrosse season!

Forgot to tell my challenge buddies.... I did go to TOPS yesterday... probably wouldn't have if I didn't have to do the lesson... but I was down and weighed 201.6. Sorry I haven't been posting food/calories, but I've been doing pretty good with intake, but not so much with exercise! I think I only did Water aerobics once or twice this week.

Charlene/Arlene, I have seen both names used. Which do you prefer? How is our pact going this week? So far I have watched my intake and except for my one lazy day (yes, Janet did kick me around over it) I have exercised. I haven’t seen any movement on the scale yet but my week doesn’t end until Monday. I only record my weight once a week to avoid getting upset over fluctuations. How does exercise work for you with FM? Does it make you feel better or is it a struggle?

Sndy......Charlene, arlene doesn't matter. Well, today started out good. I have been babysitting so I don't think about food. Weather changes kick in my FM, but it has not been as bad as last year......exercising must be helping. I have a session with the trainer this afternoon. I am not weighing till Monday. Weight loss is slow for me. I take several drugs that are weight loss resistant, but I can lose.

Today I had a half of a egg white pancake, a lettuce salad with chicken, and a tablespoon of sunflower seeds. I don't know the plan tonight......probably fish.

Looks like a busy for day for everyone. I will check in tonight. Later!

Afternoon ladies.

Not doing to bad today. I just left the orthopedic dr. He tried to kill me taking the bandages off. Shoulder has deffinatly had better days. I had some torn cartlidge in there.

Can't really tell the lapband was done. Other that a little tummy pain when I move. The shoulder hides it pretty well. Went by drs office to weigh myself. Down 6 lbs from surgery. 15 to go till I reach my first goal.

Chris

Hi all! Congratulations Tx/Chris -- great news on the weight loss -- sorry about the pain in the shoulder -- but just think how great it will be when it heals. This is being said from someone who's had a very bad pain in her shoulder today and I was thinking, it better just go away and not be a problem! How long will you be off work?

Apples, had our first hard freeze last night - sorry about your snow -- had to wear a pretty good coat this a.m. but it did get quite nice this afternoon -- hope you had a good shopping trip.

Julie, hope you get some good rest now that the wedding and babysitting are over. Sorry about your grand-dog making a mess. Glad the kids had a good honeymoon.

Sandy, how is your Charlie? What did you ever find out about his leg? I never heard or I missed it if you posted it here. Merry continues to amaze us with her running -- the other night she did 4 laps around our yard - and it's a big back yard. I'm so grateful that it all turned out so well.

Merry does not tolerate "dressing up" -- she hates all clothes -- so I'm a little jealous to hear of all of you having your doggies in halloween costumes. LOL.

Arlene, hope you are having a good day, I'm having an okay day -- I don't know what is up with me -- jut not feeling great -- aches and pains everywhere. I've been exercising - feel bloated -- I've been good with food but feeling bloated and fat.

Lori, have a great time with your DS.

Janet have a safe trip to visit your DS. I hope she's feeling somewhat better. Does she live in California?

Phyl, hope you start feeling better! goodness, you don't need all that -- you're missing too many parties. Sorry to hear you're under the weather. Hugs.

Joyce, sorry about the stress -- you have a great trip and try to forget all your worries while you're gone.

Eva, hope you're having a good day.

Jessica, congrats on the honor society -- for sure join that -- great job. We're all very proud of you.

JOdi and Cheri, hope you're having a good week and enjoy your weekend.

Laura, is Nelson all excited about Halloween? Hope he has a great time.

We only had about 8 trick or treaters -- so sad -- I really miss having so many like we had in LA -- it's just cold here and we're the only ones on our street that turn on the lights and want trick or treaters so they don't really come to our area -- plus it's on the edge of town and almost in the country. I miss it.

I was good -- no candy for me -- I love spitting in temptations face. Love it.

Gotta run -- more later. I'm resting this weekend -- well, I'm going to the gym but resting otherwise.

Linda

Afternoon ladies.

Not doing to bad today. I just left the orthopedic dr. He tried to kill me taking the bandages off. Shoulder has deffinatly had better days. I had some torn cartlidge in there.

Can't really tell the LAP-BAND® was done. Other that a little tummy pain when I move. The shoulder hides it pretty well. Went by drs office to weigh myself. Down 6 lbs from surgery. 15 to go till I reach my first goal.

Chris

Hey, Chris way to go on the 6 lbs... you are on your way!!

Sorry the shoulder is so, but «i guess that is to be expected. I didn`t have much pain from my lapband surg either... we are all different. The only thing I really felt was the gas pains in the shoulder... I walked a lot and took tylenol ... that was all I needed.