Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I'm here to help...

Sorry, Gals, I can't post much. I can barely move my head. Bad neck pain down the left side of my neck to my shoulder. Earl thinks it's a virus because he had the same thing. And he's probably right because now I feel like I may have a fever. Went to Water aerobics, took dog for a ride, got dropped off at costco, went to Starbucks, then Walmart. By then Earl was back from his dr appt and met me at Walmart. Got some groceries, stuff to make another vest for Zoey and didn't get home until 4pm. Can't stand the pain. Took 2 muscle relaxants. Later, chicks! and Chris!

Just popping on to wish TX a good night's sleep. Will be thinking of you tomorrow, Tx. Post when you are up to it or have your wife let us know how you are doing. Best of luck on that shoulder and have a feeling you will be doing just fine with your band. You've been a rule follower thoughout the preop and that's what it takes to a be a successful bandster postop....Take care.

Hey to the rest of the gang. Have unexpected company for supper (fine with it) and will talk to you all tomorrow.

Sorry, Gals, I can't post much. I can barely move my head. Bad neck pain down the left side of my neck to my shoulder. Earl thinks it's a virus because he had the same thing. And he's probably right because now I feel like I may have a fever. Went to Water aerobics, took dog for a ride, got dropped off at costco, went to Starbucks, then Walmart. By then Earl was back from his dr appt and met me at Walmart. Got some groceries, stuff to make another vest for Zoey and didn't get home until 4pm. Can't stand the pain. Took 2 muscle relaxants. Later, chicks! and Chris!

Oh no, Phyll...get some rest and hopefully it will be gone by tomorrow. I have a friend that has a bad back. When a virus is going around, she will get it in her back....is it an old wives tale that a virus will sit in your weakest spot while it will affect someone else differently. You don't have to answer tonight....talk to you tomorrow. Have some wine.:thumbup:

TX can't believe its already time. I remember the combo of fear and anticipation. And determination. Sick and tired of being sick and tired. Keep that feeling alive. We'll help.

Cheri

Yep!!!! 2 more days:biggrin::laugh:. I go in at 7:sleep:. Surgery is scheduled for 830. My shoulder is first. Should be done with it by 11 then my LAP-BAND® should be in place by noon. I cant believe it is here already. I have been waiting for this day for a long time. I am starting to get nervous now:scared2:. I think the hospital is going to video the surgery for me:thumbup:. night all will catch up later

Chris

Best of luck with your surgery, wow to be able to see it all later... that would be so cool!!! I'd love to see that

Grrrr!! LOL! I HATE counting calories. But, I'll report what I ate.

So far today I had a small eggbeaters omelet w/smoked salmon, onions and a little mozzarella cheese and 2 cups of black coffee.

Now I'm hungry for lunch and trying to decide between a salad and healthy choice Soup. .... Dilemma is decided. DH says there is no lettuce but he wanted to make me a salad anyways! I don't want a salad without lettuce so I'm going to have Healthy Choice Soup.

No exercise yet. I wimped out on Water aerobics this morning because of the wind. But I will take a walk with the dog later. Neighbor of mine who used to train dogs just spent over 1/2 hr with me showing me how to make her "heel", etc. She is wonderful! And the dog picked up on it right away. So I will practice the things she taught us later this afternoon. She is willing to work with us some more to train Zoey as to who is in charge! She is TOO smart, sometimes!! LOL:biggrin::biggrin::biggrin: Every day when I get back from Water aerobics & pool... which is about 11 a.m., I take her for a scooter ride. So today when I DIDN'T go to the pool, she wanted to go outside about 10:30 a.m. That's the time Earl always puts her outside to wait for me. Then at 11 a.m., she starts barking! Time for my ride!! And I DID it!! So... she has US trained right now!! HAHAHA!

I warned you that she was smarter than You and Earl!!!:laugh:

Evening ladies and tx. Just got some grades in and I am soo excited. I got a perfect score in calculatiing IV meds and rates, and a 95 A on my final on monday.

My teacher mentioned that we should all try to get jobs assisting nurses after our 1st semester. All the nurses I talk to seem to agree. I am concerned about adding more responsibilites to my plate. I was also sent an invitation to join the honors society. You have to be invited to join. I would love to do all this stuff. Just not sure if I can handle it all. I am hearing that it is hard to get a job in my area as a recent grad because there are 7 nursing schools in my city. I gotta fiqure some way to make myself stand out.

Wow Jessica! You go girl. Stay on your meds and you can do phenomenally. Your son is doing well now. You absolutely ooze confidence. Hope the food is going well, too. I'd say go for it all. You're at the perfect age and you are doing great.

Cheri

WTG! Jessica!!!!

Tx Chris.........All the best for you tomorrow!!!!!

Phyl, Oh My, you sound miserable.......get well soon! I know about calories. I ate 926, but I did not exercise today. I will walk in the morning and go to the gym tomorrow evening.

Goodnight Posse!

Hi all....

Im so sorry to hear about the CC problems. In confused....how is it that Apples had a problem not at the Desert Rose but on the last day at lunch? At the restaurant that we were at together? I didnt use my card at either place....I used my card to take out money from Hooters lobby and from Chase. Other then those two places did not use my CC at all.

I did go and buy Water from the shop at Desert Rose but used cash...luckily I see.

Im so sorry you all had such a horrible experience but still am baffled that Apples you say you didnt use your card at DR and that it was compromised as well?? Are you sure you didnt use it even in the shop at some point? Just wondering about the possiblities.....

Just unbelievable.....when I went to FL with Dassi two years ago.. Chase put a stop on my card because it was being used so much all of a sudden in another state...but didnt call to ask if it was me!!! That was real bright. They have this great safe guard but they forgor to call me to ask if I was in FL....I had to call them when my card was all of sudden declined at some restaurant or something and when I called they told me this was standard procedure...Its a good plan but notify me first that this will happen if you dont respond in a certain amount of time or something.....dumb....It took about 1/2 hour to take hold off and allow me to use it again.

Tex....Good Luck tomorrow. Youve begun your new lease on life...live it well!!!

Apples....sorry about the rain and wind...think its heading our way.

Great.....glad you had a good visit.

Phyl...take care of yourself...feel better soon!

Jessica...glad things are going well even if it is a bit hectic.

Linda...im a special educator. I work with babies 0-3 and then 3-5s I work for BOE of NY. I work with two agencies one for the 0-3 population and one for the 3-5 population. Two different sets of laws one for Early Intervervention and one for Preschool.

I work full time for the Preschool agency......I work with one child at his home for 25 hours a week. I work with one child after this four times a week for 30 minuets for the Early Intervention agency....and do ABA supervision for them as well on occasion.

so....am sort of a therapist...I do special instruction along with other therapists that provide related services such as P.T, O.T, and Speech and Language.

Im what the parents and kids usually refer to me as the "play teacher". lol

Eva, congrats on the new job...so what type of ed consulting would you be doing??? From home??? cant get any better!!!

Joyce, I hope your visit is going well!!!

My week has been busy...busy and then some

After work ran to pick Dassi up from school to go to the Ped Orthopedist for her long over due leg braces. Thank god they are the right ones this time....and they fit.

Had so many problems with this particular company.

I know have to go out and buy her new shoes and sneakers...maybe boots. Not a happy camper.

Just bought new shpes just last month and they werent cheap special shoes to fit her feet....she always needs special size etc etc....70 bucks! Now another 70 and the sneakers will need to be special. GRRR but, must be done so...whats new?? lol

I started my step class on Sunday did I mention this? did Cardio yesturday and today....after returning from Doct. food intake....

Egg with cottage omelate for Breakfast, Grilled vegetables and 4 bites of chicken breast, Protein bar for snack and lamb shwarma for dinner with steamed veggies....could not think of cooking so it was take out tonight.

Tomorrow am going to surgeon. Havent been since first week in Sept. am deff do for a fill...starving all the time!!! Im down to 148...but fluctuating from that to 150. Another five to ten lbs. Im good....according to charts now..my BMI is 25 and im no longer overweight or considered obese. woo hoo....on my way to maintenenance!! Yes...now the hard part is here....the band did its work and I used it but now its more of me everyday to keep up the help it gave me to get to this point......more then ever food and exercise is the key now to maintainence I know this...so am trying, trying, trying!

okay....must take dog out and go to sleep. Have a great night all

Tex my thoughts are with ya.....be good. Ill have you in my morning prayers.

Have a great night....

Jodi

Good Evening Gang

Chris - Prayers for a safe surgery & speedy recovery !!!

I'll try and call Desert Rose tomorrow - been busy at work.. I guess my bosses prostrate cancer surgery has been put back to 11/2 - he has a cold.. But that works out since I will be out Friday and 1/2 if not all day on monday..

Charlene - WTG on your food - You too Sandy..

Jodi - You are doing fantastic !!!!

Jessica - WTG you are going to make a great nurse..

Well back from boot camp and target - making this chicken Soup recipe I found on QVC - David Ventable

chicken - carrots, celery, onion, peas (I'm not doing the peas) ck stock - cream of ck Soup - rosemary and thyme-

Well I added garlic - and don't have rosemary & thyme so used poultry seasoning and a bay leaf - got lite bisquick for dumpings 80 cal for 1 dumpling.. So all in all not bad calorie wise

I don't like the way ck taste when cooked in the crock pot so I am making it on the stove -

Here's the recipe -

Chicken & Dumpling Soup

David's Note: Chicken & Dumplings is a popular comfort food dish commonly found in the South. This recipe converts that dish into a hearty soup perfect for cold winter days. For a richer broth, remove the chicken from the bones as soon as it's tender and refrigerate. Add the bones back to the soup and continue simmering until desired strength is achieved. Strain and proceed.

To be prepared in K28786 — Crock-Pot Designer Series 6-qt. slow cooker with stoneware vessel

Ingredients:

Chicken:

2 -1/2 — 3 lbs. of chicken pieces with the skin removed

4 cups of chicken broth

2 Tbsp. olive oil

1 can cream of chicken soup (Healthy Choice)

1 large yellow onion, chopped

3 stalks celery, chopped

3 medium carrots, chopped

1 cup of peas, frozen or fresh (Leaving out the peas :laugh:

1 bay leaf

1-1/2 tsp. seasoned salt

1/2 tsp. pepper

1/2 tsp. rosemary

1/2 tsp. thyme

Dumplings:

2 cups baking mix (Bisquick or similar) (Lite 80 cal for 1 dumpling

1/2 cup milk (using skim)

Directions:

In a large skillet, sauté chicken pieces in olive oil until brown on both sides, about 3 — 4 minutes on each side.

Put all ingredients except the biscuits in a 6-qt. Crock-Pot or slow cooker and cover. Cook on high for 4 — 5 hours.

While the chicken and vegetables are cooking, prepare the dumplings. Mix the baking mix and milk together and form into 1-inch balls.

Remove chicken and bay leaf from pot. Take out all leftover bones and skin and discard. Cut the large pieces of chicken meat into bite-size pieces.

Put chicken pieces back into the Crock-Pot and drop in the biscuit dough balls. Cover and cook on high for another 30 minutes. Serve in bowls with a biscuit or two for each person.

Don't know if it will be ready tonite - may have to cook it tonite and eat it tomorrow - think I am going to make it for my sister this weekend..

Well it's 8:20 so I am signing off for the night - talk to you all in the morning...

Hi there, Mimi is in bed so hope I can finish this before she hollers for something..... I spent another day trying to get things back into shape around here... Made a big dent in things so am glad about that.... Actually just really need to do some long overdue house work now..... But there is plenty of time for that.... Nothing on my plate now until Thanksgiving.....

Apples, we are getting your weather, too... Just a real ugly day today.....wind and cold.... now tonight the snow started and we are supposed to have a blizzard tomorrow.... DH and I have dentist appointments tomorrow, but may have to cancel.....We'll see in the morning.....

So, TX had his surgery today, is that it???? Hope you are doing well.... the journey begins....

Eva, did you get a new job already????? You'll have to tell me about it again... I missed it..... I missed all about Argentina, too, so will have to look back when I get the chance.....

Now, what's this about all the credit card problems??? I didn't use mine at the resort, but did otherwise.... I'll have to check things out.....

Phyll, I sure hope your neck is better soon... nothing worse..... How is Earl after his surgery???

Lori, sounds like your trip was good... Did your DD have a good time..... And what do you have..... boy or girl?? I missed that, too.....

Janet, are you helping Andrew with his move?? Should be fun to help him set up an apartment.....

Arlene, Linda, Cheri, hope you are all fine.... Oh, Linda, glad to hear Katie is coming back to more normal again..

Jessica, wtg on the grades and such... If you decide to do these things you will be just fine... Only you know what you can handle..... But you are doing so well..... We knew you were special..... How is Jacob????

Judy, where are you dear?????

Is Joyce gone to Guam now???

Jodi, what is the matter with Dassi's feet or legs??? This is news to me....

Laura, Laura K, Melissa, Peaches, Sandy, how are you all doing????? busy and happy I hope.....

Well, DH just put Mimi back to bed....... she had a late nap...... We got to take her to school today for the first time... Was so cute... She took Cookies from Mommie and Daddy's wedding for a treat and she was so proud.... But it is tiring to have her full time....... and the dog makes things a bit tougher..... Tomorrow she goes to daycare if we are able to go to our appts in Bismarck......

Well, time to try to get some rest.... I'm tired still and my shoulder has hurt some tonight again, but nothing like before.... I'm starting to think I might be having a breakthrough...... I'm hoping it will start being better enough that I can back off of the meds so and get rid of this foul taste in my mouth all the time..... I'm still hitting the popsicles pretty hard....... Don't have much appetite for food, but love my popsicles....

Goodnight dear friends.... Hugs and prayers for all.... I'll be back in the swing before long.... Love you.... Julie

Good night all. Will check in later. 9 hrs to go. Heading to bed. Have to be up in 5 hrs

Good night all. Will check in later. 9 hrs to go. Heading to bed. Have to be up in 5 hrs

Happy Bandday to you

Happy Bandday to you

Happy Bandday, Dear TX

Happy Bandday to you!!!!!!!!!!!!