Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I'm here to help...

Arlene...kudos for the GOOD food choices you have made this week. Sorry if it seems we are all over your butt when you are trying. Just constructive critiques. I guess I don't see where the 100 cal of popcorn was a bad choice if your calories and carbs were pared down to a number that you lose at. Not sure of the carbs in a bag. Just looked it up...20gr. I know most weightloss docs want carbs under 40gr per day.

I hae a headache and upset tummy. What should I eat or take? Are thin wheat crakers ok if I chew them up good?

I hae a headache and upset tummy. What should I eat or take? Are thin wheat crakers ok if I chew them up good?

BSK...it all depends what food stage you are in. I would give my doc's office a call if you are unsure what you should have and what to take for a headache. My doc is strictly Tylenol.

As far as the Wheat Thins go....they are quite high in carbs and fat. You would be better off eating some eggs, low sugar oatmeal, a bit of a Protein Shake.

Hope you feel better soon.

thank you for your quick reply. I will go get my liquid egg whites and fix them. Hate feeling yucky.:sneaky:

Hi everyone!! Hope you're all doing great. And I hope no one got caught in the crazy storms/tornados ripping through the US this week. In Michigan we had a tornado watch, but it was mostly just crazy wind and some rain. Hope everyone is okay.

Anyways, just wanted to let you all know that I started a Thanksgiving challenge: Turkey Day Challenge I love challenges - they motivate me! So if they are motivating to anyone else, feel free to add your name! I'm going to visit my family for Thanksgiving (some of whom I haven't seen since August, and many of whom I've not seen for ages) and I'm hoping to meet my goal by the time I get home.

I also made a spreadsheet for the New Years Challenge: New Years Challenge!! So feel free to add your name to that!!

Seeing other peoples' progress is motivating too (there is a row at the bottom of the spreadsheet that keeps track of how much everyone has lost together...I love tracking that!), so I'm hoping a lot of people join!

Hi everyone!! Hope you're all doing great. And I hope no one got caught in the crazy storms/tornados ripping through the US this week. In Michigan we had a tornado watch, but it was mostly just crazy wind and some rain. Hope everyone is okay.

Anyways, just wanted to let you all know that I started a Thanksgiving challenge: Turkey Day Challenge I love challenges - they motivate me! So if they are motivating to anyone else, feel free to add your name! I'm going to visit my family for Thanksgiving (some of whom I haven't seen since August, and many of whom I've not seen for ages) and I'm hoping to meet my goal by the time I get home.

I also made a spreadsheet for the New Years Challenge: New Years Challenge!! So feel free to add your name to that!!

Seeing other peoples' progress is motivating too (there is a row at the bottom of the spreadsheet that keeps track of how much everyone has lost together...I love tracking that!), so I'm hoping a lot of people join!

ISA...thanks for the offer of the challenge...we'll see how many from this thread are interested. I won't be jumping on the Thanksgiving Challenge Train as I am in the maintaining stage.

Good luck with meeting your goals...and good going on getting others to join you!

Arlene, I get the carb addict thing. I have my frito and chip one and they are definitely carbs and once I open that door it opens wide. We can do this. You are doing great on exercise too.

Apples did these two you know have gall bladder surgery while pregnant? Mine was an easy surgery but of course wasn't pregnant.

Waiting for dh while he's in for his colonoscopy. It's freezing cold in this waiting room. Will see what he craves when he wakes up and gets out for me it was french fries.

Arlene, I get the carb addict thing. I have my frito and chip one and they are definitely carbs and once I open that door it opens wide. We can do this. You are doing great on exercise too.

Apples did these two you know have gall bladder surgery while pregnant? Mine was an easy surgery but of course wasn't pregnant.

Waiting for dh while he's in for his colonoscopy. It's freezing cold in this waiting room. Will see what he craves when he wakes up and gets out for me it was french fries.

Yep, they were both pregnant...one was about 25 yrs ago and the other 10yrs ago. Both did fine and had healthy babies.

I have the good ole' tube job on the 16th. My GP told me to let the doc know that is doing the job that I have LB and should not need to do the big jug. Nope...64 oz of crap is ordered. I have my own plan...I will drink 1/2. He wouldn't listen to me and so, in turn, I will have my own plan. I usually don't buck the system but I know what works for me.

Charlene - the Munchie Monster hits when I am bored and sometimes at work when stressed/frustrated. 100 cal snack pack popcorn is my savior !!! Now with this PB2 - Peanut Butter & celery ;0) only 45 cal for the pb and I count celery as zip.. Jerky is another good snacky food - takes a while to chew..

I don't keep food at my desk for that main reason - mindless eating..

For me - I just don't keep snack foods around - cuz once I start I just don't stop.. Especially sweet - and as you - I firmly beleive that we must limit bad sugar/white starches ect - and most snack foods are make up of these things

I started the 2 hrs ago - wonder how many pple have posted since ;0)

Yep, they were both pregnant...one was about 25 yrs ago and the other 10yrs ago. Both did fine and had healthy babies.

I have the good ole' tube job on the 16th. My GP told me to let the doc know that is doing the job that I have LB and should not need to do the big jug. Nope...64 oz of crap is ordered. I have my own plan...I will drink 1/2. He wouldn't listen to me and so, in turn, I will have my own plan. I usually don't buck the system but I know what works for me.

I've been told that it is not as much as the Golightly I drank four years ago. It was more than 64oz.....more like 120oz. I need one of those done in the next few months. I sweat bullets. Every time I get one I need a surgery. I feel good this time though. I just feel so much healthier.

Janet, I think most of us got this way because we are carb addicts. I can't keep stuff in the house either. We have sugar free popcicles , sf pudding, and 100 calories popcorn. I do have fruit.

Lori, wow, it must really be cold up there. Take care of DH. I know once I ate a hamburger after a colonoscopy.

Apples, I think I had 64 oz two but I drank 32 oz over a one hour period the night before and then the rest 4 hours before in the morning over an hour. It was no problem. DH is done ands all was well he wanted a buffet for lunch after to fill back up. He's still a little loopy

ISA...thanks for the offer of the challenge...we'll see how many from this thread are interested. I won't be jumping on the Thanksgiving Challenge Train as I am in the maintaining stage.

Good luck with meeting your goals...and good going on getting others to join you!

OMG Congrats! That is so great :sneaky: I can't wait to be able to say that I'm in the maintaining stage. I have a ways to go before that - how inspirational!!

Hugs Apples - She is smiling down on you..

Charlene - Sheriff Janet thinks a 100 cal popcorn is just fine and dandy - but again I don't count carbs - I just stay away from starches/sugar/fat - I really try and limit them to 1 meal a day - usually dinner - I think fruits & veggies (in moderation of course) are ok to eat even if they have carbs - it's those starches that are killers.. my 2 cents - I agree about being carb addicts - most pple don't get moritly obese from eating meat & veggies - it's the starches sugar and fats.

Welcome back Great - 3 days till 11/1 !!!! Don't over do it so that you have that much more that you have to take off ;0)

My girl friend had colonoscpy today too.. I didn't crave anything afterwards ;0)

Hope DD doesn't have to have surgery - but now a days they can do so much more.. My nephew's wife was pg - they said it was a girl - FOR SURE A GIRL - They painted the room pink got all girl stuff at the shower - well when the baby was born - it was a BOY... So dont' put too much faith in those things..

Violin - I'm maintenance too - but thanks for the invite

Deb hope you feel better...

well another drive by - back to work

Janet, now I never said November 1st. :sneaky: DS is here til the 3rd. But don't worry, I hope you didn't get the impression that I've been on a big out til then. I am maintaining. I just wanna lose what I gained and I will. No more try to get back on track, I will. Even today at DH's buffet after his colonoscopy I had a chicken thigh, about 1/4 cup mashed taters and a bite of dessert. No Fritos either. LOL

OMG Congrats! That is so great :w00t: I can't wait to be able to say that I'm in the maintaining stage. I have a ways to go before that - how inspirational!!

Thanks...you keep working like you have been, changing this around for yourself and doing these challenges, you'll be at goal b/4 you know it, ISA...keep it going...good luck!:sneaky: