Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I'm here to help...

As far as food preparation I like it nice and easy with no pre-planning needed and food ready quickly. As far as eating, however, I'd like more variety. We eat out or I pick up fast food at least once a week. I get the McDonald's chicken Selects, 3 piece, not the meal, and I pick off most of the breading. That chicken is just so tender. Chipotle BBQ Sauce helps it go down without sticking. Takes me at least half an hour to eat it but it's so worth it.

So today I've had coffee with low fat milk, 2 Protein drinks, about a third of a can of refried Beans with lowfat cheese, and two hot dogs no bun with mustard. Debating whether to add a salad with raspberries and strawberries.

Walked for over an hour this morning.

Sang in my concert this afternoon. Went well; a few people made some stand-out mistakes. Found out our director can really give the evil eye. Glad I was never on the receiving end. Whole point of this choir is to create one beautiful sound with no mistakes or voices standing out except for solo parts. Most of it was gorgeous. This was our cathedral concert, the same songs we'll do next summer in European cathedrals. I'll try to post some of it.

Can't figure out if I can download it here. Didn't work. I'll maybe try FB.

Cheri

okay...been posting for an hour and well......lost the post.....dang it!

Cannot post anymore tonight...hope you all have a great week.

Jodi

Woohoo!!!!! DGS got first place in his category at the fair. I think he showed an Angus steer. He was the smallest kid showing and he did so good. I was so proud. He didn't get Grand Champion or Reserve, but hey this was his first time and he won't be 9 till next month.

Well, I tried a new Protein drink from Walmart. It is Honey Milk Light. 150 calories, 3.5 fat, 14g carbs, 3 Fiber, and 20g Protein. I tasted it first. They had samples. The chocolate and coffee are good. There is no aftertaste.....you know that Vitamin taste. They are 2.50 each. That's cheaper than Pro Jo. Oh and they are Lactose-free.

I am going to Water aerobics in the morning. I did not do any exercise today. I need a day off once a week. Anyway, I am pooped.

Hey everybody...... My little pain vacation seems to be about over... It got me pretty good at the wedding last night.... Did dance a bit with Mimi and Bailey..... Today I've done nothing really.... except go to church and watch the girls for a bit after... Had a nap and woke up groggy and hurting.... I finally got around to a little bit this evening... Started making pew decorations for the wedding and printing off the programs finally.... But the pain is now coming so need to go take my meds and try to settle in to sleep some.... This week is going to be crazy............. I'm sorry to not post to everyone, but I hope you'll forgive me and understand I'll be back in good form in about a week......

Apples.............. I'm so glad you are here..... You go girl.... we're your back-up anytime anywhere......

Arlene.... congrats to DGS......

Cheri, Hugs.......

I love you all.... I'll be here when I can... goodnight to all.... sweet dreams and hugs....... Julie

Woohoo Day 5 in the books. No major problems. Now all I need is smooth sailing till the 27. 10 days

Woohoo Day 5 in the books. No major problems. Now all I need is smooth sailing till the 27. 10 days

You're doing awesome! Keep it up.4_1_107v.gif

sig.jsp?pc=ZSzeb114&pp=ZNxpt147YYUS

Good morning peeps! I am weaning myself off of carbs for a few days. I had gotten out of control. I drank two coffees with ProJo. Now I am going to drink a Honey Milk Protein drink.

Tx......WTG! on you plan. If you keep a ice chest full of Protein drinks and food you can snack on you will continue to suceed. Planing is key.

Sndy....how is Charlie?

Eva.......you home yet?

Lori......Miss ya!

Julie......sorry your pain issues are coming back. Is the weather changing. Our weather went from dry to humid and my feet and back were nagging me yesterday. I hope you have a prosperous week. Rest between wedding projects. HUGS!

Apples, I guess you are working today.......enjoy! Don't let those stalkers get you down. Janet's Posse is here for you!!!

Good morning sunshines!:wub: My phone rang at 3am and scared the gajeebers out of me! It was 10am Syrian time and my SIL thought she was calling DH's cellphone (a prepaid one he bought while there). My heart sank and I thought something horrible had happened for her to call at that hour. She hit the wrong contact #. urrrrgggggggggghhh. I was up and couldn't fall back asleep. Now I am just plain tired. Just got the boy off to school. Today is my house day (cleaning, laundry, bills, calls, etc). Wish I had Apples and her energy here to help! : ) Wishful thinking!

I've been tight last couple days and not sure why. Nothing changed. Hmmmm. PBd last night on FF frozen yogurt! That was a first. Did ok with coffee this am but now trying Water with a splash of grenadine and am "gurgling"/band noises/mini burp thingies. (what do you guys call that- it's not a burp per se, but just air escaping). Will need to take it easy today. It's not from the PB b/c it was doing that before the PB. And the PB was more slime/stuck feeling/ then felt like it was going to be a full PB but more like a up to the throat one/burp and then went down. This menopause will mess with your head. No period for MONTHS, weight stall, I have felt preggo all week (sorry tx), - boobs sore,bloated, crampy, hungry cravings. Found an old preg test and just to amuse myself did it. Neg. (Thank God). The hot flashes have all but stopped this last month thanks to the supp.

Remifemin® Menopause supplement brings natural, hormone free relief of menopausal side effects like hot flashes, night sweats, and mood swings!†

that someone recommended (Janet I think?) Whoever it was . THANK YOU! sleeping better too. Now, mood- naw, that is the same! LOL:cursing::mad::eek::tt2::drool::sad::blink::glare::sneaky::smile::tt2::thumbup::):mad3::out::ciappa::smash::prrr::Yawn::crazy::incazzato:This is what menopause feels like to me. All of those at one time. LOL

Arelene~ I hear ya on the weaning off carbs. It is sooooo hard coming off. Good luck!

Tx~ You are doing great! It will be here before you know it. Like the others have said, have safe Snacks with you so you won't be tempted. If you get hungry hungry- better to have fruit, greek yogurt, or Protein bar/shake- then to a) "suffer" B) risk eating something not allowed. It's a balancing act. Pre-op and post-op were the easiest for me. I was SOoooo excited and motivated to get on with my new life! I lost 70 lbs the first 4 months or so. Ride the wave of HIGH motivation while you have it at its strongest! You will be so happy you did this! I don't regret this band for even ONE minute. It helped me change/save my life!

Cheri~ Sorry you are struggling this week. Hugs. You have had a tough month. Don't beat yourself up. You will get it back off. You are a star student!

Apples~ you crack me up taking photos of food. Now, just put down the camera and come help me with my house! : )

Janet~ HUGGGGGGGGGGGGGGS!

Jodi~ Sorry you lost your post. that sux. I hate when that happens.

Julie~ pain pain, come again another day! Keep positive thoughts! Hope u feel better soon!!! Did they do more trigger points this last trip?

ok, that's all for now. I am procrastinated enough. work time.

hugs, Laura.............peasout

Good Morning Peeps...

Cheri - Maint is hard - I could live on the same things as you :0) - Planing is hard - especially if you aren't the shopper or to much of a cooker. I know that when I'm at the store I salvate over the candy - cheetos - Cookies etc I mean it I really do I look at those things with long in my eyes and heart.. I think to myself F it - I'm tired of this watching what I eat all the time - then my other self - says Janet get a grip - you aren't going back there - failure is not an option!

Saturday - I had my treat - Jalpeno cheese Dip and tostido's at the whole can of dip - do I feel bad nope - it was my thing I wanted it - I ate it - and that's it -

We are diff cuz I don't mind cooking- but like you limit the # of ingredents - 5 for me ;0) - Last night lamb shanks (I know apples - you don't eat bambi ;0) w/roasted red potates, onion, garlic, carrots - cooked 2 shanks will have dinner for about 3 nites. So tonite I don't have to cook..

Got stuff for salad and precooked chicken - it's a little salty - next time will just by a roastier chick. that will be my lunch for the week.

chocolate - I like the WW Giant Fudgesicles - 100 cal and they are good - I found myself eating too much of the sf vanilla ice cream so I have switched to the fudgesciles - but hell I'm still eating 2 some nites.. If I like something too much - I just don't buy it..

Can't say I do fast food at all - never been a big thing w/me I do like a red burrito from del taco w/extra sauce & extra cheese - but alas 600 cal nope - have eaten the insides maybe 3 time since banding..

You won't go back to your old ways - you are testing - I do it too - but you know when to reel yourself back - I really don't beleive that you will ever go back to your old ways again - I know that for me - that sometime I precieve that I am over doing it - grazing days - but in all reality I'm not as it all balances out -- With the help of exercising.

Do you do popcorn - it's a LIFESAVER for me ;0)

Charlene - Love it Janet's posse will kick the stalkers butt - I was thinking that the other day ;0) -

Congrates on DGS win !!!

S/b getting that powder Peanut Butter this week - am going to try it in a shake - I'm sticking w/my pure Protein - I love it -

Laura - Sure glad no bad news - that would scare the crap out of me too.. Nope it wasn't me on the meds - I have been lucky - no syptoms for menopause - a few little hot flashes and that's about it.. Maybe a nap before Nels comes home today..

Jodi - I HATE when I lose a post - Hope you had a great time w/your GF - any news from Jeff ;0)

Julie - Hugs on you pain...

Well need to get to work - leaving at 10:30 for funeral - cbl

Happy Monday everyone...

Eva you back yet

Went to drs to weigh this morning. Down 3 lbs

WTG TX!!!

Charlene, I love the picture.

Aloha! I am back! We just got home about 730 this morning, took the all night flight. I actually slept about 3 hours on the plane which is highly unusual for me. DD finally made it there as well, she got in by noon on Friday. She and I had a good time at the beach and pool and DH joined us when he was done with work which was Saturday afternoon and Sunday morning. The weather was perfect too. Next up, Denver and Florida. DD invited me to come with to her ultrasound on Thurs. to find out if she's having a boy or girl. The other grandma is going too so we are going to lunch together as well then I will see my grandma. Then I got this idea that I'd go see my folks in FL for a long weekend and go directly from Denver. I will only really have one full day there as I will arrive on Friday and leave on Sunday. Long enough. LOL

I skimmed posts saw something about Walmart, I always gotta defend them as they've been so good to my son! LOL Love my Walmart, it still has fabric a huge fabric dept even. Also we have the 'Neighborhood Walmarts' here as well which are the smaller grocery only ones. But the Super one still offers everything.

Born shoes, Love 'em. I get most of mine at DSW as they usually have great prices on them. Love the boots, Apples, I'd have the opposite problem with my fat calves which is why I don't have any boots.

Laura, hang in there, your time w/o DH is at least half over now isn't it? Glad the menopause stuff is helping.

Well I had more but ran out of time. I tried to keep up reading on vacation but have a hard time from my phone and didn't take my laptop.