Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I'm here to help...

Welcome jedP. Janet is right, this is an individual journey for each of us. I chose the band, like you, being sick of lose/gain cycle. I've maintained 31 lb lose for 4 months now and will tackle the remaining 34 lbs. as I begin to exercise.

Laura - so happy DH will be home soon. You've done a great job keeping Nels busy while Dad was away.

Phyl - sending hugs to you and Earl and hoping surgery went smoothly.

Arlene - You keep rocking that exercise - you inspire me.

Karen - enjoy that harvest. I just love to hear someone who enjoys their work. For me, it was always about the $$$$$ and doing the great job. Never enjoyed the work. Except when I was a Diet Center counselor. However, now I know that was all baloney. What was in those magic pills???

Joyce, I want to thank you again for the pictures. I still look at them and think how awesome it was to fellowship with my lap band buddies. When I went to the doctor's support group the other night I did not realize it was only for our group on Wednesday. That is why it was so small. Those ladies are nice, but we don't have time to share like we do on this thread. I doubt I will see them again. I know I will see y'all again. I hope you have a great time in Guam. That is a long trip. Our flight to Hawaii was bound for Guam. It had a lot of people going there. Do you stop in Houston on the way?

Jodi...forgot to email you and tell you that box was coming....just spreading the joy, love, and hand-me-downs. LOL. As I stated in my not to you, (in the box) take to Salvation Army or whatever if these are not your style.

As far as ear ailments go...DH's doc many, many years ago told him to lay on his side and pour one cap of peroxide in the affected ear and lay for 20 minutes. Works for him every time. Now, should not be putting out these remedies....what do you have to say about it Phyll and Laura???

Enjoy your days off, Jodi.

Arlene...I think Joyce stated she heads to Mpls and then on from there. If it wasn't such a funky time of year, I'd drive the 4-5 hour trip to have lunch with her on her 4 hour layover.

Forgot my tip of the day I was going to post this morning. (TX....you can skip this post unless you are into wearing leggings).

Drives me crazy when the skinny jeans or footless leggings ride up in my boots when I bend my knees or sit down. I sewed corresponding color elastic (6-7") of wide elastic to make a stirrup. Works great.

ISA – thanks for the explanation. I see the difference now. My trainer just does training. She does take measurements occasionally but I don’t have anyone who goes over food logs. It sounds like a winning combination to me. Unfortunately, it is not available where I go.

Cheri – You mention using your FSA for your varicose veins. Good thinking! I wonder if I could use mine when it comes time for a TT? I will have to look into that. I hope you get your veins treated. I am all for anything that makes you feel better about yourself.

Joyce – I hope you have a great trip to visit with family in Guam. It sounds like you and I are both at a plateau. We need to make a pact to get off the dang thing when you get back. Let me know if you are in.

Phyl – My best to you and DH. Hope his recovery is smooth.

Laura – It won’t be long now. Are you planning something special for his welcome home? Maybe you could plan a special dinner or night out; after he recovers from the long flight of course.

Charlene – Babysitting can be fun and a workout too! Enjoy your day.

Apples – I love squash too; it doesn’t matter which kind. Yep, you were so right the other day when you said country mouse / city mouse. Your life on the farm sounds so inviting. It might get a bit lonely at times but it still sounds good to me. I do have the city life though (at least until I retire) and will make the best of it. We try to get in some country whenever we can. It seems to help balance us. The city life is fun too – we are going downtown to see a dance troupe perform tonight. It should be a fun evening.

Sandy....you didn't hear about Laura's homecoming plans for DH????? It involves Saran Wrap and a trip to Victorias Secrets

Laura, woo hoo you go girl!!!! lol

Hope you got a sitter Nels.

Joyce, have a great time in Guam, enjoy your family.

LauraK

HI Peeps, I am home from babysitting. Now I have to go pick up the two year old. My DD is not getting any sleep at night. The baby has her days and nights mixed up. So DGD will stay with me for a couple of hours white DD gets a nap. I just wonder how I did all of this with two toddler boys and new born DD. It is all a blur to me now. I must have been in shock. lol

Jodi, when looking at the pics I think about what a good time you and your friend gave us. Thanks again! Spinning. I just look in that room when I go to the gym, and I am so grateful I don't spin.....I have a "candy a$$". I used to ride with my DH on street bikes.....I even had those padded bike shorts......and it still hurt. That is not my thing. Good luck! on spinning and the interview.

Apples, I dont't have to worry about skinny jeans, leggings, and boots. They don't make them big enough for my calves. I hope to wear them one day.

Sndy ......yep, I like babysitting little tiny ones. When they get demanding at five.....I kinda get the dreads if it is more than 4 hrs. My mother always worked when my kids were little so they did not get to enjoy her. She really regrets it too. I am blessed to be able to stay at home now and help out when I am needed.

I think I may need a fill. It has been a year. I am eating too much food at one time. I guess I need to make an appointment.

Lori.....tomorrow? we find out the sex of your new grandbaby? yay!!!!

Tx......how is it going today?

Doing great here. 1 week down and 1 to go. I am off work till after surgery. I have been having alot of shoulder pain here lately. PCP wants me to give it a rest till surgery to bring down any swelling. I am just chilling here watching the TX Rangers and NY Yankees. Had my Soup for lunch and probably lunch meat and cheese for dinner. Hope you all are doing great today.

Thanks for the tip of the day apples, but that one is lost on me..

Chris

Whew the day is getting away from me! I feel like Apples all summer long where she is gone for 4 or 5 days then gets everything done in 2 so she can go again! But I don't have Apples energy and stamina. First I overslept. I slept til 820 and have to be at Bible study at 9am. I NEVER sleep that late so never even considered setting an alarm. Then the gals usually go out to lunch after study so I just HAD to go! LOL Then it's near costco so I had a return, etc. etc. and now it's 3 and I am just sitting down and I have laundry and packing to do yet. I leave at 6am for Denver tomorrow to go to the ultrasound with DD and to lunch with the other Grandma and her, then to see Grandma and take her to dinner and errands. Then I am taking the all nighter east and going to FL to see my folks. Please pray this visit goes well and I don't let my mom's negativity and comments undo so much work I've done in my head as far as esteem and confidence go. I will be back on Sunday night. Wish DH was going with me as it helps to have him to vent on and just lean on.

Janet, sorry I actually didn't see your question about eating and exercise. food doing okay on, not perfect but better. Exercise, have not been to gym but did lots of walking in Hawaii and lots of it in sand, have the sore butt and leg muscles to prove it. LOL But I know it's not enough. I am committing that November will get me back in the gym.

Apples, no reason at all to be embarrassed about the tummy procedure even if it was for purely vain reasons. You've worked hard to get to where you are at, the rash has got to be bothersome in and of itself. Go for it!

JOdi, I usually don't have ear issues, though I did have this happen once before when I was doing lots of lap swimming. Enjoy your unexpected days off!

Arlene, wish I was closer to DD so I could help out like that when my grandbaby comes. I see lots of trips to Denver in my future! LOL

Phyl, prayers for DH tomorrow. I missed that he was having surgery, hope it's nothing serious.

Oh, Lori, You will be spending lots of time in Denver. Better get Grandma a condo. Have a safe trip tomorrow and tomorrow night. You look great! Don't listen to negative comments. You know who they are really coming from........THE DEVIL!!!!

Lori...try to be really, really strong during your visit. If the negativity takes over....just make a short comment like: "Don't go there" or "Don't ruin the moment..my visit is short", and then change the subject to something positive about yourself. You will need to prepare to have something on the tip of your tongue to change the subject.

Hope you have a wonderful trip. I envy you "seeing" your first grandchild for the first time. I bet you miss your Grandmother after doing so much for her and spending so much time with her when you lived in Denver.

Arlene....it's been a year since your last fill? Have you been struggling with hunger?

Email from Phyl about 1:15 p.m.

Waiting for them to tell me I can go back. Doc called my cell and said he's waking up and everything went well. We will have to go to RiteAid for pain Rx and some nasal flush stuff he wants him to use. I think DHS is the closest.

Jodi WTG on spin - when I am on vacation - may go to one - they have them at 10:30 & 6:30 I can't go to the 6:30 cuz it's on a night I already exercise - I bet you it would kick my butt..

Sorry I don't have anything to send - I got ride of all my clothes as I went down - didn't want to keep them around so that I could fit back in them..

Great - Glad the food is better and sore butt is working out ;0)

Chris - Fantastic !!! Glad you get some time to chill before surgery - how long are you off after.. Since I have a desk job - I was back to work day 6 - had surgery on Tuesday back to work the following Monday..

Well back to work... CBL

Sandy - I'm IN for breaking the plateau together once I return from Guam. I anticipate losing while I'm gone too. The Asian diet is NOT my favorite - like American food - so it is easy for me to eat moderately.

Arlene - I have flown thru Hawaii and Houston to reach Guam - but, Karen is right, this time thru Minneapolis.

Karen - thanks for thinking about that 4-5 hr drive, if it was not harvest time.

Jodi - your cup runneth over. Lucky, lucky day for you. Let us know about the interview. Yes, the e-diet book is very helpful. Thank you again.

Not much happening here.

Apples, ironic -- I've been having problems with a rash under my apron the past week or so -- I need to get it all documented too -- will take a pic -- if I can ever download my photos then I'll have it. The procedure sounds great -- I'm planning to do it too if I can get the insurance company to pay for it.

Joyce, OMG -- both me and my DM were Diet Center counselors in the 70s -- lol. Too funny -- the most memories I have of that is the crackers (started with an A) and the little things that were supposed to be like bacon bits or something. Another commonality. Funny how that works out. Sad that we both still turned out morbidly obese -- guess that program didn't teach us what we needed to know did it? But it was a fun job! I enjoyed it too.

Lori, glad you got that ear fixed before your trip tomorrow -- good luck with the ultrasound Can't wait to hear the results. Hopy your trip to Florida goes well. I'll be thinking of you - stay strong - don't let them get to you. You are strong -- you can handle them -- I know easy to say (I remember well). If you need to vent give me a buzz -- I'll be happy to listen to you as you know I understand.

Jodi good luck on your interview tomorrow - I know it will go well - you have newfound confidence -- they will want to hire you immediately! Just FYI that the papaya enzyme are 10 calories each. Glad you found them. Good going on the spinning!! I ride a bike and go fast at times, but there's no spin classes for me to even try in my tiny town.

Arlene, sorry to hear about your DD sleeping problems. It's so tough with a new baby and she is lucky to have you -- such a good GM

Janet, what's the latest on the apt? When does he move in?

Tx you are doing so great -- congratulations -- just another week until surgery, right?

I've been to Water aerobics on Mon and today and gym on Tues and tomorrow. Hope everyone has a great night. Glad to hear Earl was doing okay after surgery.

CBL

Linda