Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I'm here to help...

Eva - love, love the pictures. Wish I could have shared lunch with you at that lovely place. Wow

WARNING - my Visa credit card was (also) compromised in Las Vegas (I bet). Apples mentioned she had problems upon returning from Vegas.

Card was just denied at the groomers. Charges in Canada, and India, as well as, the US. Watch you bills, ladies. For those who used credit cards in Vegas.

A little good news to share, yesterday and today ppl have mentioned that I'm sure losing weight. NO ONE has noticed anything before this. NSV yippee

LauraK - drama may reach fever pitch beginning Sunday. We are moving 42 yr. old son from Nevada back to K.C. to start his life over. I'll be finding an apartment for him and his dog next week and getting him settled.

Then pack and leave for Guam on the 1st. Running away from it all.

Eva, Glad you are back, Can't wait for the pics to all load.

Lori, so great "It's a girl", congrats gma

Laura have a great time with your DH

Apples have a good day working your harvest.

Arlene, what are you up to today?

Janet, hugs on your DS

Linda, how is your DSS doing?

Oh well better get to work.

LauraK

Laura, I went to Sam's today to get diapers for my DD's girls. Then I came home and checked my bank account only to find that someone in Tampa, FL stole my debit card number and charged. I stopped that number.....went and got a new one, and the girl at the bank forgot to activate it. UGH! She went to activate it and the system is down. UGH!

After doing some detective work I am pretty sure someone at PetMeds stole my number and made a card. I called them to just alert them that they may have a thief. I never use my debit card online......and I did when I bought flea meds. Lesson learned. Now I have to go back next week and fill out papers to get my money back. UGH!

Eva......love,love,love the pics. What kind of camera do you have?

So, in my new retired life....right......I went for a walk today. Yeah me. You would think after all that walking in Argentina with a heavy back pack it would be a breeze to walk today. Nope, not, nadda. I only walked 30 minutes and can feel it. It's not like I'm done in for the day, but I thought this walk would be easy and I was surprised it wasn't that easy.

Joyce, it might be a great idea to go to Guam after moving your son back to KC. You won't have to deal with the stuff that may come up from that. Congrats on the NSV....it is a very positive reinforcement when people notice. See I'm jealous of you going to Guam, another exotic place to visit.

Arlene, we bought the camera used from a friend and it's a Olympus E-300. I think it is only a 5meg digital camera, but it has all the bells and whistles. It can be used on auto or you can do all the settings manually. DH is very good with a camera and he took most of these pictures, but not all. It's big and heavy and not a lot of fun to carry around, but it does take great photos. I'm thrilled with the digital media because you get instant gratification from your shots. If you want to touch them, you can always have them printed.

So I submitted a resume today. I can't believe I'm doing this already. But, I got my insurance information and I have to pay a lot each month to keep my insurance and when the service center called me today, they told me I only had 9 years of service and was not entitled to retirement benefits. I came unglued and started crying. So now that I'm over that, I'm taking this up the ladder to as high as I have to. I wonder what happened to my other 25 years. This will be resolved.

Okay, on to another project...mainly laundry.

Later,

ee

Eva - love, love the pictures. Wish I could have shared lunch with you at that lovely place. Wow

WARNING - my Visa credit card was (also) compromised in Las Vegas (I bet). Apples mentioned she had problems upon returning from Vegas.

Card was just denied at the groomers. Charges in Canada, and India, as well as, the US. Watch you bills, ladies. For those who used credit cards in Vegas.

A little good news to share, yesterday and today ppl have mentioned that I'm sure losing weight. NO ONE has noticed anything before this. NSV yippee

LauraK - drama may reach fever pitch beginning Sunday. We are moving 42 yr. old son from Nevada back to K.C. to start his life over. I'll be finding an apartment for him and his dog next week and getting him settled.

Maybe mine was compromised in Vegas, but whoever used it was in Tampa. They actually used a card with my number. I still think it was the pet med place. Whatever, I guess when you get back from Vegas you need to cancel the card and get a new one. We are going next month. Might just take cash.

I know one thing...I don't think I will ever use my credit card in Vegas again. I had the cash on me but I used my card to get air miles. The one and only time I used it was to buy lunch that last day...just one time...damn. Joyce and Arlene...hope you get it cleared up.

Joyce...congrats on the NSV...good feeling when ppl start to notice. It's gives you a little bump of encouragement also. Keep it going!

Sorry for the stress....we've had our share this summer. Once the charges, etc. are in place with these silly stalkers, I will feel more at ease. It has helped that I am too busy to think.

Eva...wonderful photos. Those elderly ppl dancing were so cute. What great memories you have made with all your travels. I feel fortunate that DH loves to travel, loves museums, is willing to go do whatever (when I can get him away from his work). Also fortunate we have our winters free.

It will be a quite weekend on the thread, I imagine. Julie has the wedding, Great is visiting parents, Laura is chasing DH around the house, Phyll is tending to her DH. I'll be around some to junk up the thread in between loads of corn. Lucky you guys!

How are you doing TX? Keeping your energy up? Your first days seemed to go really well for you. Just wondering.

"Apples2 Tip of the Day"

With the holidays approaching I thought I would post a band friendly recipe. I have made this for my family and they didn't know it was low fat/no sugar.

Cranberry Apple Pie

1 pkg low fat refrigerated pie crust

1 cup splenda with Fiber

1 Tbls all- purpose flour

1/2 Tsp ground cinnamon

5 large Granny Smith apples-peeled, cored and sliced

1 cup chopped raw cranberries

Preheat oven to 400

Put one piecrust into a 9-inch pie plate

Combine all filling ingredients in a large bowl. Toss well and put into pie crust.

Brush top crust with 1 egg white and sprinkle 1/4 cup Slenda over it.

Place remaining crust over filling and crimp edges.

Bake 40-50 minutes until crust is golden brown. Cover edges with aluminum foil or a edge protector if you have one.

Cool one hour b/4 serving.

I stole this recipe from the O magazine and revamped it a bit.

About 280-300 calories per slice (serves 8).

Apples......... I just got my PB2.....I made it up and put some raisins on it. I thought I died and went to heaven. That is good stuff......and 2 servings is 90 calories. This will be my new snack. Thanks for letting me know about it. Got any other low calories Snacks for me to try?

Apples......... I just got my PB2.....I made it up and put some raisins on it. I thought I died and went to heaven. That is good stuff......and 2 servings is 90 calories. This will be my new snack. Thanks for letting me know about it. Got any other low calories Snacks for me to try?

Well, Arlene, the above pie is not exactly something you would want to eat every day but for something special like a holiday it does cut down on calories.

Yep, isn't that PB2 good? I have used it in so many things. oatmeal, on celery, on graham crackers, in Protein Drinks, in my pudding, made Cookies with Splenda and PB2 the other day.

I'll do some thinking on some low cal snacks. Haven't been eating too many of them for the last couple of years. I do try to really try to eat healthy and keep my guys on a low fat and somewhat low suger foods. I'll think for a bit.:)

Correction...no a "no sugar" pie...gotta consider the sugars in the fruit but pretty close.

Wow, we were posting at the same time. Thanks for the recipe. I will make it up for the holidays.

If my debit card number was stolen at LV.....it may have been the place we stayed. When I got there they wanted a CC number and all I brought was my debit card. They had the number. The only other place was that Onion place at Hooters. I have a new card. It has been activated. Now I have to go in on Tuesday do paperwork to get my money back. I will never use a debit card like that again. Cash or CC. With debit they take it right out of your account. I guess they signed my name. It was used in Walgreens and the Redbox rental. Both in the same place in FL. My DD said someone probably sold those numbers in a lot.

Apples, thanks for the recipe again. This one sounds very good. I love cranberries.

Sorry to you all with the credit card issues. I've been watching mine since I used them in Argentina and you just never know.

More pictures. These are of the architecture in Buenos Aires.

I also posted a whole bunch of pictures in Facebook, so you can go there and see most of them.

Apples, thanks for the recipe again. This one sounds very good. I love cranberries.

Sorry to you all with the credit card issues. I've been watching mine since I used them in Argentina and you just never know.

I also posted a whole bunch of pictures in Facebook, so you can go there and see most of them.

Those pictures are Awesome. That camera was worth the bells and whistles. The red flowers just jump off the pic........like 3D.

beautiful pictures. looks like an awesome vacation spot

Arlene - I used the lobby cash machine (debit) - not yet showing problems.

Also used Visa card for room and many other locations. My charges were from India and Canada and over the internet - fraudulent charges.

Good luck to both of us. Will watch all charges "like a hawk" from here on.

I like using my cc for points (like Apples). Also don't like to carry alot of cash.

Eva - YOU GO GET 'EM girl - they can't take away your retirement after 25 years plus 9 years. Get them.

My credit card was also compromised after Vegas. Only place I used it was the hotel. Someone tried to buy a car with it in Brazil. And a few other purchases. Visa caught it right away.

I'm back. Not quite done with posts. Finish tomorrow.

Cheri