Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I'm here to help...

Eva..I would love to have a housekeeper. I'd like to go back to work just so I can do it. LOL So many years of it and am sick and tired of it. Same old/same old.

Don't beat yourself up about choosing the Desert Rose. It could have happened anywhere. I think I will give my cr card fraud dept a call back and let them know I was not the only one and let them work on it. Was implusive of me to think about calling. Thanks, Cheri, for the tip on maybe the manager could have been in on it.

Good to hear that your ins stuff can be worked out, Eva.

Good Morning Gang

You all have been busy...

Eva Love the Pictures..

I had pre-paid our room in LV - gave them my visa when we got there - for some deposit they wanted and were suppose to reverse but it took a while - when I got the survey from them - I complained about that and the lateness of the room..

But I havent had any issue - but again I didn't charge anything - I always take some cash - for meals etc - and since I never shopped - never used my card..

Never use debit card on line - always use cc - and they say to get one just for online purchases and keep the limit low - so that if someone does get a hold of if they can't charge a car ;0)

I should have my PB2 10/25 - Amazon took their sweet time in shipping it..

Want the cheese cake recipe Apples..

Julie think of you today..

Flying up north next friday to see my sis..

Going shopping w/andrew for apt essentials -

cbl

Conferences were so so. But I had a good time with my roommate. She, however, had some issues with another passenger in my car so there was considerable tension when we were all together.

I do feel like I've gotten a good break from Roseland. I can feel myself healing from the trauma of Mikey's death. I often feel like my kids suffer from ongoing traumatic stress syndrome that makes them hypervigilant. They appear ADHD even when they aren't biologically ADHD. Well, I think the reason my ADHD has been off the charts is for the same reason.

Weather has been beautiful until today. Cold and rainy. However, we haven't had rain in a long time. Not as much color this year because of the drought. Leaves curling up, turning brown, and falling off. Still, enough color so that I'm getting my fall color fix. Hoping to see a few colorful sunsets but we need more clouds to get those great fall sunsets.

Need to catch up on sleep and laundry.

Cheri

I believe we have found the common thread in our compromised cc cards - Desert Rose. I used mine there, at the Mad Onion and at Chico's.

Eva - absolutely not your fault. No way you could have known. I loved the resort. It was perfect for our gathering.

Cheri - I agree with the suggestion to call Las Vegas police. We might help out future guests by preventing problems for them.

Janet, shopping for apt stuff can be fun. They have so many cute things out there these days.

I'm glad you did the survey and let them know they weren't up to snuff.

So I'm working on my plant room (3 skylights and a 8' sliding glass door on the north side of the house) I have most of my house plants in there. Plants are messy just like pets. The problem is, when I clean I take everything apart and clean it....it takes me a while. I'm actually cleaning plant leaves too. I have a 30+ year old ficus and I gave it a haircut today. Hope it doesn't mind. I would hate to lose it after all this time.

Okay, back to cleaning.

ee

CC fraud SUCKS. Shop Safe | Credit Card Fraud Protection with Bank of America

"ShopSafe® is a free credit card fraud protection service that allows you to create a temporary card number each time you make an online purchase. This number links directly to your real credit card account number but keeps your card number completely private and protected. The ShopSafe number is used just like any other credit card—a merchant never knows it's not your real credit card."

Discover also offers one. We have NEVER had a problem since we used this program. It's amazing.

OK guys....... we are doing great! VERY happy to be together as a family again. : )

DH slept 12 hrs last night. He had missed a whole night of sleep with the trip.

The boys are swimming. Then Nels and I are going to a Halloween party and give DH some alone time. He's been around people 24/7 for the last two weeks. He's exhausted and is on call Monday! :)

Thanks for all the sweet comments, PMs and notes. Love you guys! Will catch up tomorrow maybe. : )

xoxo peasout

PS. The family photo of DH's trip is the updated one... the other one was blurry. He had a great trip and overall everything went well. Some awkward moments, but that always happens with family, right? The good thing is he reunited with his mom and both of them had some well needed healing of the heart.

Laura, I'm glad DH is home safe and sound. Also glad to hear the trip went well regarding his mother. It's important you resolve those issues at some point. He looks very happy to be home. I've heard of that internet CC program before, really does sound like a good idea.

Cheri, hope you are getting that much needed rest and enjoy your weekend.

Plant room almost done....I knocked over a bromeliad and spilled Water all over so I'm waiting for that to dry before finishing that up.

I think I'm employed again. I got another email today that said my friend is available after 1 to start working on one of his site surveys. If this works out, it might be just the thing I need to stay busy and earn some extra money. I'll let you know as the events unfold.

Later,

Eva

All those with credit card problems, it might be appropriate to inform the authorities in LV about the problem at the Desert Rose.

Who would we call? Maybe I'll check with my son-in-law.

Cheri, when I do the paper work to get my money back i will tell them who we suspect. It was 120 bucks....not much compared to what it could have been,but it is still theft.

Eva, I am just glad you didn't get caught over in Argentina with someone using your card in the states.

I felt weird when I gave that place my debit card. When I switched purses I did not bring my CC. Well, now we all be super vigilant when we use our card.

Sndy......I am pooped from Dewberry Farm. It is a farm filled with all kinds of kiddie rides we remember from our childhood. There was the pony ride, hayride to the pumpkin patch, maize walk, puppets, petting zoo, duck race, pig races, and swings....just to name a few. My DGD is too young for most of it. I think four years would be a perfect age. I had the new born so I sat with the two strollers and watched all the young families. It was such a blessing to see moms and dads with small children having so much fun.

I bought PB2 for 3.99 a jar at Netrition. 6.5 oz jar.

Peaches, PB2 is 45 calories, 1.5 fat,5g carbs, 5g Protein. That is for 1 serving,=2Tbsps.

Apples, is that a recipe like the chicken at Pei Wei? I love that stuff in lettuce. Thanks. i will have to make it up.

Janet, YOO HOO.......Where are you?

Phyl, how's the patient today?

Jodi......????

Laura, Oh nevermind.....you are snuggled with honey.

LauraK......Date night?

Melissa, ???? how's the job going?

Tx...????only a few days more!

Julie.....let us know how the wedding went......I hope you had a pain free day.

Joyce......busy with DS today?

Arlene...I have no idea what Pei Wei is but have had some great chicken lettuce wraps at different restuarants. Usually have whole peanuts in them besides the peanut sauce but I left that out of the recipe. I forgot to add that I sometimes put julllianne carrots in it or snow peas. Any kind of veggie can be added. I love Water chestnuts in anything and usually add double of them.

Pooh...got rained out. Oh well, we both need a break. Both cold and wet from working in the rain for a couple of hours and only 48 degrees outside and windy. A hot bath and nice egg bake for supper and some reading. Neither DH or I have sat on our butts for more than 5 minutes the last few weeks. Rain in the forecast for tomorrow and most of next week. Looks like we will be having to wait to get the rest of the corn crop. We always get it in and we always get it out. (DH's favorite saying when I fret about it).

Janet...hope you are having a blast with Andrew. What a nice GM.

Arlene...I have no idea what Pei Wei is but have had some great chicken lettuce wraps at different restuarants. Usually have whole peanuts in them besides the peanut sauce but I left that out of the recipe. I forgot to add that I sometimes put julllianne carrots in it or snow peas. Any kind of veggie can be added. I love Water chestnuts in anything and usually add double of them.

Pei Wei is a Chinese Restaurant chain. I guess it is only in the Southwest.

I don't like rainy days, but it is so dry here I would take a good soaker for our lawn and trees. People with allergies are really suffering from the pollen. I think we will get the cold front next week. Hopefully, it will bring rain for a few hours.

Yep, a hot bath and a good book sounds good. I have been on HSN and of course I just had to buy the new tablet for reading and surfing the web. My DH offered me his ipad, but I want something smaller for my purse. I am getting good at returning stuff now that they send UPS return slips. Oh, and I just had to buy the Today's special.....a scanning wand. Heck it will even scan wallpaper. I want to go to my mother's house and scan all her old pictures. I know when she is gone there will be a huge snatch and grab by my sister, so I at least want to have them stored if I don't get them. I am just not into fighting for "stuff".

Congrats Eva! My DH is an engineer. He retired from Dow Chemical then went right back doing the same job working as a contractor. He works less hours and also works from home once a week.

Thats a bummer losing your housekeeper. I sent mine to my DD's the last couple of months. I cleaned myself and found several places she had slacked on cleaning. I think she noticed because she did a great job yesterday.

I liked the Desert Rose. Very seldom can you find beds that are comfortable. I had no problems sleeping. They may not even know someone has hacked into their system except I just wonder if my number was in the system. I was like Janet......that was weird. They said I would be charged a hundred bucks , but it would be returned in two weeks. They never charged my card. Weird.

My daughter, a former police officer, said that after we fill out our paperwork and tell the cc. co. that there were others, that they would tell us if we need to file an affidavit with the LV police. The fraud departments are better equipped than the police to handle it.

Cheri