Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I'm here to help...

Lori...try to be really, really strong during your visit. If the negativity takes over....just make a short comment like: "Don't go there" or "Don't ruin the moment..my visit is short", and then change the subject to something positive about yourself. You will need to prepare to have something on the tip of your tongue to change the subject.

Hope you have a wonderful trip. I envy you "seeing" your first grandchild for the first time. I bet you miss your Grandmother after doing so much for her and spending so much time with her when you lived in Denver.

Arlene....it's been a year since your last fill? Have you been struggling with hunger?

Yes, even my stomach has been growling. If this keeps up for another week, I am getting a fill. Dr. D said to come in if I start getting hungry. He said it was time to use my band. I thought I was using it, but all this exercising has kicked in the hunger.

I just got back from using weight machines. I will be sore tomorrow. I am going to go to Water aerobics in the morning to ease the soreness.

Hello, I'm back. I'm trying to catch up, sort of, but I think I'm fading.

Just wanted to say hello and I'll catch you up on the trip later. It was awesome. Haven't downloaded pictures yet but will try and get that done too.

Later

Eva

Hello, I'm back. I'm trying to catch up, sort of, but I think I'm fading.

Just wanted to say hello and I'll catch you up on the trip later. It was awesome. Haven't downloaded pictures yet but will try and get that done too.

Later

Eva

Yay, your back!!!! Can't wait to see pictures. Rest up.....we want to hear all about your trip.

Hey there................... Taking a minute to say hello..... long day picking up food and such in Bismarck... DH was along to do the lifting and that was very good.... I'm cooking Pasta right now and trying to organize things a bit more..... DD just called and all the tuxes are the wrong size.... what a nightmare.....and of course I should be able to fix it........ anyway, they are getting new ones in so hopefully it will just mean a quick trip to deliver them on Friday......DD is getting crazy on me.... One of her bridesmaids says her dress won't zip up..... she must have gained weight.... Wonder why she waited until now to try it on.... anyway you can see life is crazy here....

TX wtg on pre-op......

Apples, I have already had a panniculectomy..... we'll have to talk...... Mine was quite an ordeal.....

Eva, glad to hear your trip was great... looking forward to hearing about it....

Phyll, hope Earl is doing okay..

Laura, how many more days????

Joyce when do you leave again... I can't remember anything these days.....

Arlene, the way you pb'd in LV I am surprised that it's been a year since your last fill....

Sorry everybody... gotta run and check pasta.... I'll be back when I can.... Hugs to all... Julie

Woohoo!!!!!!! Eva's back. Glad you had a wonderful trip. You were missed.

Arlene...sounds like a fill might do the trick for you. Do you get stuck on hard Proteins very often?

Woohoo!!!!!!! Eva's back. Glad you had a wonderful trip. You were missed.

Arlene...sounds like a fill might do the trick for you. Do you get stuck on hard Proteins very often?

No, I don't ......well, only if I eat chicken breast too fast. I got stuck in LV on half a bagel and Peanut Butter which I never eat. That was so stupid of me. I had to throw it up to clear up that drama. I can eat bread if it is toasted real well or just the crusty side of a roll. The only way I know I will need a fill is to go. They will put the fill in slow as long as it is going in. The PA told me that if you have to force it .....you are going to be too tight. :)

No, I don't ......well, only if I eat chicken breast too fast. I got stuck in LV on half a bagel and Peanut Butter which I never eat. That was so stupid of me. I had to throw it up to clear up that drama. I can eat bread if it is toasted real well or just the crusty side of a roll. The only way I know I will need a fill is to go. They will put the fill in slow as long as it is going in. The PA told me that if you have to force it .....you are going to be too tight. :)

The reason I asked is that I have the image in my head of you being miserable the morning you left Vegas. I realize it was a bagel that was giving you grief but didn't remember you talking about PBing much on the thread.

I just got in from doing my last load of corn. DH is going to take over for me the next couple of hours. Cold to the bone...very windy here today which makes the cold seem so much worse.

I had to run to town this morning to the John Deere place for parts. Well, I'm not a pink wearer but wanted a cap to keep the hair out of my eyes in this wind. The farm bought me a really cute pink John Deere cap. Soooooo, had dirt in my teeth and was covered in white corn dust but I was cute in my cap.

Good Evening Gang

Just getting to computer - DS called my Sis is back in the hospital - wont' know more till tomorrow..

Linda - They saw the apt today - all approved should be moving in 11/1 - So I am going to have to start picking up extra food to start stocking his shelves and we are going to have to get together for other household stuff - he said he can get alot at the store he works at 99 cents ;0) and Janelle works at big lots and she gets discount (he doesn't) so it shouldn't be too bad $$$ wise - I think his mom is giving him a couch - if not I guess I will be buying one ;0) but again big lots and Janelle's discount..

Apples - I got an acorn squash after I went to the gym tonite - do I cook it like I so butternut??

Jodi- good luck tomorrow -

Julie - Yep the next few days are going to be a mad house - just breath ;0)

Eva - Can't wait to see the pic - glad you are home safe and sound..

Charlene - sounds like you may need a fill - I know I don't need one - but have been hungry the last few days - so cutting way back on the starches..

Well gang it's almost 8:30 I need to eat . cbl

Janet...I just split the acron squash, clean it out and place it on a baking sheet and bake in the oven. They are also good wrapped in foil and on the grill. The last one I made was over the weekend for DH and I. I browned some spicy turkey sausage (I always rinse) and put inside the squash with a little cooked brown rice and put about 3/4 cup low sodium chicken broth poured over the top of it. Gotta be careful that they are not tippy in the oven.

Sorry to hear about your sis. Keep us updated, please

hi guys~ I so wish i had the energy and time to write to everyone- will rush and brush the surface...

Phyl~Hugs to Earl and wish him a speedy recovery!

Eva~ Welcome home! You were missed! Can't wait to see pics

Apples~ I have always loved the pink JD stuff. Wish we had a store close to here. Nels just LOVES those places!

Janet~ I like to cut my acorn squash up in cubes and make a one pot wonder. Stew meat or lamb, one small can chick peas, one med. onion, Tomato sauce, all spice, a little cumin, heck, here's the link- i just found it.

Moroccan Lamb Stew

They call for lentils, but I like the garbanzo Beans in this one. I also use acorn instead of butternut. yummmmmuy

Julie~ You sound busy! Hang in there! Thanks for asking- he leaves Damascus at 8am tomorrow a.m. but won't arrive to Ft. Lauderdale until 930- more than 25 hour travel time! I will drop Nels off at school and head on down to get him. I can't WAIT to smoochie and hug. Just miss that man of mine!

I have work tomorrow- they PACKED the schedule per my request. Happy about that. Half are Spanish speaking. Word got out already! I am the only Spanish speaking care provider, there are front office girls who can translate but leave desk vacant! It's also making me brush up on my vocab and grammar! Then need to get some groceries for DH as I will make a few ready foods for Friday lunch- he's sick of restaurants.

ok guuys.. hasta manyaaae, peasoout!!!!!

Thanks, Karen. That confirms my decision.

Carmen - let your surgeon decide about a fill. He has lots of experience and will guide you.

thank you for the advice, my appt was today it went well and she told me that i was doing well with the amt of weight i am losing and the feelings i have when i eat indicate that the band is working. She put 4 cc's in when she was performing the surgery so i've been restricted since day one which is wonderful.

Good Evening Gang

Just getting to computer - DS called my Sis is back in the hospital - wont' know more till tomorrow..

Linda - They saw the apt today - all approved should be moving in 11/1 - So I am going to have to start picking up extra food to start stocking his shelves and we are going to have to get together for other household stuff - he said he can get alot at the store he works at 99 cents ;0) and Janelle works at big lots and she gets discount (he doesn't) so it shouldn't be too bad $$$ wise - I think his mom is giving him a couch - if not I guess I will be buying one ;0) but again big lots and Janelle's discount..

Apples - I got an acorn squash after I went to the gym tonite - do I cook it like I so butternut??

Jodi- good luck tomorrow -

Julie - Yep the next few days are going to be a mad house - just breath ;0)

Eva - Can't wait to see the pic - glad you are home safe and sound..

Charlene - sounds like you may need a fill - I know I don't need one - but have been hungry the last few days - so cutting way back on the starches..

Well gang it's almost 8:30 I need to eat . cbl

Sounds like Andrew is getting ready to be on his own. Hey, I went to the Salvation Army store a couple of weeks ago and they had some really nice couches. You might want to check it out in your town. I wish I lived by you. I could set him up with some stuff.

Yep, I am going to make an appt today for a fill. I hate feeling hungry all the time.

So sorry about your sis being ill again. Let us know how she is doing.

I am going to Water aerobics this morning. I am starting to feel like my upper abdomen is going down some.

Later!

JULIE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Happy Birthday to you!

Happy Birthday to you! Happy birthday dear Julie... Happy Birthday to you!

Wishing you another year of health, happiness and love! You've come a long way baby! Lots of things to be happy for- your first grandbaby coming! I hope this year can be a painfree one, a time of motivation and feeling good so you can enjoy your beautiful and blessed family!

Love, from your friend, Laura

P.S. This is a cute video for the birthday girl.

HAPPY BIRTHDAY

JULIE

:scared2::party::thumbup::wink2:

:wink2::biggrin::blink:

Wishing you a blessed & wonderful birthday

xoxo

Janet

Good Morning Peeps...

Not much to report since last night - ate my salad was full then had some popcorn - didn't get my Protein in - but will do that today - that's all I was hungry for - so that's all I ate..

I eat Protein 1st 99.9% of the time - but every now and then I want my veggies 1st last night was one of those days ;0)

Had popcorn & WW fudgescicle and 1/2 of a sf popsicle - I don't eat them but Julie talked about them so much they sounded good so I got some a couple of weeks ago - and when I want to eat and not truly hungry I will grab one ;0)

Ya Laura DH deserve some good home cooked food - I'm surprise family didn't do a lot of cooking for him.. I know I couldn't live on restaurant food at all - I like home cooking..