Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I'm here to help...

Hello everyone -

I haven't posted here in ages because I fell off the wagon for awhile. I had surgery in June of 2009. At my lowest weight, I was hovering around 206-208 (my pre-surgery weight before liquid diet was 286). In July of this year I was back up to 258 :-( and totally depressed. I've gotten back on the wagon and I'm back down to 229. I'm working with a practitioner/trainer for my workouts. He reviews my food logs every week and also does body compositions every six weeks where he checks skin folds to find out my lean mass vs fat mass. This is much more helpful to me than BMI and I'm having success (I've lost about 25-26 pounds in the last 6 weeks). I'm getting married in a little under 2 years and I REALLY want to be in the best shape of my life. I'm starting to feel better already.

Looking forward to getting back on this site for support and TO support others!

Apples - No wonder you enjoy your trips so much. It is alway nice to go home (even if it just feels like home) and visit. Maybe I should give in a little and take DH there.

ISA - I haven't been here very long so I can't say that I remember you. It certainly sounds like you are on a roll and that you have things figured out. Maybe posting will help to motivate you to stay for the long haul. That's why I post here and come to read everyones comments daily. It helps to keep me honest with myself. Can I ask what a practitioner/trainer is? I work with a trainer 2 times a week and love the results I am seeing. I find that like coming here to post helps to keep me honest, that having a trainer and appointments to keep also keep me honest. On the days I go to the gym and work by myself I have to admit that I don't work nearly as hard as the days I work with my trainer. Somehow, when I am by myself, I never seem to work the cardio in. Hmmmm, what is that telling me. I think it is telling me to stick with the trainer!

Hello everyone -

I haven't posted here in ages because I fell off the wagon for awhile. I had surgery in June of 2009. At my lowest weight, I was hovering around 206-208 (my pre-surgery weight before liquid diet was 286). In July of this year I was back up to 258 :-( and totally depressed. I've gotten back on the wagon and I'm back down to 229. I'm working with a practitioner/trainer for my workouts. He reviews my food logs every week and also does body compositions every six weeks where he checks skin folds to find out my lean mass vs fat mass. This is much more helpful to me than BMI and I'm having success (I've lost about 25-26 pounds in the last 6 weeks). I'm getting married in a little under 2 years and I REALLY want to be in the best shape of my life. I'm starting to feel better already.

Looking forward to getting back on this site for support and TO support others!

Isa...welcome back! And, congrats on getting back on the horse. You are doing great. You should be so proud of yourself for turning this thing around. Sounds like you have a great person to work with and keeps you accountable. Way to go! Hope you stick around.:cursing:

Hello everyone!!

Just droping in to see how everybody is doing this evening. Day 7 in the books here. Doing great so far. Found some of the PB2 here locally. Omg that stuff is awsome in Protein drinks. I mixed 2T with my Protein and 1T sf chocolate fudge pudding. All I can say is wow.

Made Soup yesterday in crockpot. I made the taco Soup I found in the slow cookers thread on here. I added some Rotel and spiced it up pretty good. My wife told me about making a sour cream sub from cottage cheese. That is really good. Other than that things are going good.

Chris

Healthy as a horse. Had my physical, silly pap smear and a good talk with my doc. Had not seen him since my last physical. He wants to tap my metabolism to be transplanted to those who need it.

I talked to him about my lower apron. I have had some troubles with rashes, etc. during the summer and when I am active...riding bike, working (like this week which is non-stop). When I roll over during the night the extra skin on each side of the hip bone folds under and I have to pull it back. He strongly suggested a panniculectomy.

The first 18 months after weightloss, I never thought much about it cuz I could just tuck it in my jeans and it looked OK. But it seems like the farther out I get, the more it is hanging and more irritating. I have some thinking to do.

Took two hours off to do my appt. DH filled in for me. I'm back on the job and better go. Later.

Apples, love the new avatar. Beautiful.

LauraK

Kind of hard to see...waiting for dental work to be completed and then I will do an up close and personal one. Thanks for the compliment, LauraK

Apples,

One thing I learned going to the PS Dr was make sure your dr treats you for the rash with a perscription and documents it. Then the ins co will pay for the PS.

You don't need to wait to be beautiful.

lauraK

Good Evening Gang

It's rained today ... To bad I was at work...

Off to the gym for boot camp in a few - so drive by

Apple love the new picture ... TT well if you want one - sure don't think you need one - but everyone tells me I don't need a face lift - but want one - but I don't want the surgery - I don't like pain ;0)

Chris - Can't wait to get my PB2 - they have a new one that PB2/Chocolate - I got both ;0) - I LOVE choc & PButter ;0)

So proud of you - you are doing great !!!

Great - Alcohal in ear may help - but w/all your flying best to get it ck'd out..

So what' the plan for gym & food ;0) I haven't forgotten ;0)

Julie - Can't wait to see the pic's from the wedding - where are the kids going for the honeymoon..

Melissa Love Live Be Brave - I think that's what it said under your Avatar - are you following that - Loving your self - being brave to say No to the junk ;0)

ISA - Glad to hear you are back on the wagon WTG on your weight loss -

LauraK any more dates ;0) how's the walking

Sandy How are you doing

Joyce - how's the cooking going..

Well will try and ck back after gym ;0) I don't want to go - was suppose to go w/Andrew to ck out apt - but due to the rain and Janelle's schedule - that got changed - so now I have to get the mind into exercise mode.. I was in - Oh ya night off mode ;0)

cbl

Janet,

Walked this weekend, raked and blowed leaves. Still walking on my lunch almost every day, yoga twice a week.

No new dates lined up for this week. Heading to Indian River for the weekend. Girls weekend going shoping at the resale shops in the richy rich towns. Love when those people clean out closets at the end of the season.

How much does the powdered PB run? When I was looking before I think the shipping was more than the product on Amazon that was.

lauraK

Janet...would not be a TT...just getting rid of the apron. I have had two major hernia surgeries in the lower abdomen and there would not be a chance to go in there to tighten muscles. I have a wad of mesh from the first botched surgery and last surgeon could not get it our of there. Attached to everything. He just put a strong mesh and closed me up. My stomach is flat in clothes and would not do it for the looks...it is becoming annoying.

Apples,

One thing I learned going to the PS Dr was make sure your dr treats you for the rash with a perscription and documents it. Then the ins co will pay for the PS.

You don't need to wait to be beautiful.

lauraK

I have it documented in my chart from my last physical and also today. Thanks

Janet...would not be a TT...just getting rid of the apron. I have had two major hernia surgeries in the lower abdomen and there would not be a chance to go in there to tighten muscles. I have a wad of mesh from the first botched surgery and last surgeon could not get it our of there. Attached to everything. He just put a strong mesh and closed me up. My stomach is flat in clothes and would not do it for the looks...it is becoming annoying.

Me too! I just hate this apron, but I need to empty the pockets first. lol At least fifty lbs. I went to the dermatologist last month and my GP. They both documented the rashes. The skin doc said I need to take a picture of the rash when it flares up. The insurance company will ask for pics.

I walked this morning and I thought DH and I were going to the gym.......NOT. He was too tired. We have a session with the trainer tomorrow eve.

Laurak.....have fun on your girls weekend

Tx......you are doing so well on your pre op plan. Yep, us Texans have to put Rotel in everything. I find the Rotel with cilantro and lime is awesome. I like it better than the regular. I ordered the PB2 from Netrition. They have good prices on their Protein supplements.

Lori, how is your ear this eve?

Janet, Rain? for you? is Hell freezing over too? lol

Have you heard from Phyl? How did Earl do in surgery?

Isa......Sounds like you found a plan that works.......WTG!

Eva......are you home yet? We miss you!

Okay, gang.......gotta go watch DWTS. I have missed most of it this season.

Janet – I am doing and feeling great! My weight is holding steady – not losing but I haven’t gained either. That is a first for me, I have always been able to lose weight and then gained right back to where I started (and then some). I have been at 190 since Feb. I would like to get to 160 but, like I said, maintaining is something I have never been able to accomplish before. I credit all of the exercise I do now with being able to maintain. I just started exercising in April. I had never really exercised before. That’s why I initially hired a trainer – I was so pathetic, I did not know how to use any of the equipment at the gym and I (as a fat girl) was too embarrassed to ask. Now I keep the trainer for motivation. She keeps me honest and keeps me moving forward. She always has something new (and harder) for me to do. Heck, I press 40 pounds now. I have developed some real muscles.

LauraK – WTG on the walking and yoga. Your upcoming girl’s weekend sounds fabulous. Have a great time.

Apples – I too want to get PS but I would like to get a TT. They say you should wait until you reach goal and that is still 30 pounds away for me. I keep thinking maybe I should just give up and be happy with where I am at and get the TT. Then I think I should just kick myself and lose the last 30. I know exactly what you mean about it being uncomfortable. It isn’t too bad in the day because I always wear Spanx but once I take the spandex off it has a mind of its own. It is very uncomfortable when I exercise (especially when doing sit-ups) and when I try to roll over at night. I don’t know about you but I have been having trouble with infections in my belly button. I guess moisture is getting trapped because the skin falls down over the “innie hole”. LOL-TMI. It does get quite painful though. All I can say to you is “go for it girl!” 36_18_1.gif

sig.jsp?pc=ZSzeb113&pp=ZNxpt147YYUS

Edited by sndycnrd

Good evening. I did go to the dr for my ear and he found a big ol' chunk of hardened wax in there. He washed it out. Washed is putting it mildly, flushed it out with a squirt gun looking thing. Lots and lots of Water, he said it was quite large and really lodged in there. Gross! I promised I was a clean person and he said that had nothing to do with it and the worst thing to do to clean ears was a Qtip, and I use one daily or twice daily. It feels so much better, he said he would have me 'cured' in 5 min. I forgot how much I liked this dr too. I saw him when we lived here 10 yrs ago and just went back to him but today was my first time. He's a bit of a drive but worth it. Important to like your doc. DH liked him too as he went for his physical.

Apples, glad you are healthy! Sounds like the stomach thing is the way to go. Sure doesn't look like you have much of an 'apron' but clothes can be deceiving. When your dr bottles that metabolism, can I be first in line to get some? LOL

DS called tonight and looks like I am getting a visitor in a couple weeks. YAHOO!! I just have to stay