Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I'm here to help...

Good Morning Peeps

Sooverit - Hi havent' talked to you in a long time - Like Apples said - call your doc !!! - what's the pain - have you done anything different (did you over eat last night)

Deb - Welcome - We are here for you..

Ok I read last night as I was turning the computer off but too tired to post and then this morning didn't feel like quoting ;0) so here goes

Apples - YEA !!! On not letting someone take your power - Yep you are in your groove when you have things to do... You don't have to be a Beverly Hills housewife to have a coach bag - hell most of us get them at the outlets anyway and cost just as much as a regular - my 1st Coach was at the MofA - but all the others have been at the outlet...

Sandy - Love your Charlie story..

Joyce - WTG on the clothes - your trip is wonderful - Didn't you go there when you 1st started on the thread - I remember it for some reason.. which is weird (remembering)

Laura - Sorry you couldn't sleep... Love your pics...

Charlene - so you are going to do the 5 day pouch test to get back in the groove - good for you..

Well that's all I remember ;0)

Got gym at 10 - need to get nails done - and color the hair and that's about it - well need to vaccume mop floors etc but nothing exciting

oh LauraK - glad you liked the date!!!

cbl..

Eva was going to be gone for 2 weeks if I remember correctly - 1 week w/dh then 1 week with friends - should be home soon...

Well, Janet....I could have bought a few Coach purses at regular retail price instead of the many pair of 7 for all Mankind jeans I have in my closet. We all have our thing we are drawn to. My DH says that I don't even have to look at a price tag. I can smell the most expensive item in a showroom. But, I will scrounge and find it on sale somewhere so I can own it.

I won't discount someone for their obsession whether it be Coach purses, Ann Taylor (Lori), etc. Mine are the above mentioned jeans, Jones New York clothing (jackets and tops...bottoms don't fit me in that brand), Born shoes/boots. BTW...found a great pair of black leather Born boots the other day. I am on the fence about them though. I should take a photo and see what you girls think. I don't fill them out but I still think I will wear them proudly.

See what I mean???? Every pair of boots I have have this big gap. But, unless they were completely made out of elastic on the tops, not getting around that problem with my chicken legs.

Apples

I love those boots. I would have the opp problem, I have very muscular calves, it's a family thing. I looked at a pair of Born shoes yesterday. I loved them, but I talked myself out of them. They were $95, bought a diff pair for $30. My wallet thanks me very much.

LauraK

Apples

I love those boots. I would have the opp problem, I have very muscular calves, it's a family thing. I looked at a pair of Born shoes yesterday. I loved them, but I talked myself out of them. They were $95, bought a diff pair for $30. My wallet thanks me very much.

LauraK

I buy my favorite brands for the fit...not the name. That's where my TJ Maxx comes in so handy. They carry a lot of the brands I like.

My Born boots were $89. We have this store in our little town that has 30-40% off retail price most days. I watch for the sales. It's a "town and country" store with a little bit of everything. Parts for farm implements. Children and adult clothing. Just nice basics. Columbia, Carhart, Armour All workout clothes. My daily wardrobe is Columbia. Perfect for the farm and if I would happen to have to jump in my truck to run for the farm, it still looks presentable.

Sandy - your trip to the country with DH & Charlie sounded like a delightful visit. Know my puppy would love all those new smells.

Yes, I have a son (& family) and grandson (& family) there in Guam. Will be my third visit and lucky to have two birthdays to Celebrate while I'm there.

Great looking boots.

Apples, so glad you're back. Wasn't the same without you.

Arlene, you're just going to have to pick a color you like and not worry about it. I think Lori does your shade of blue. We just have too many posters. I think I tried turquoise and no one liked reading that.

Well, guys, I'm really struggling. It isn't just sweet foods, I am just wanting to eat. I've gained a few lbs as a result and now my band is tight which makes it difficult for me to eat solid Protein. So when I can't get enough good food into me I turn to sliders. I also noticed more reflux with the weight gain.

The problem for me seems to be my ADHD is really kicking my butt. I can't stay still or concentrate. Food has always been my way of staying in one place in social situations and has always helped me concentrate. I can't concentrate for Beans and my restlessness is off the charts--partly because without all the weight I can actually get up and move comfortably.

There are nights when I can't shut my mind off either and fall asleep. Sometimes I feel like I'm jumping out of my skin. Don't know how much of this has to do with the grief process, or how much has to do with a difficult situation with my husband, or how much has to do with the stress of teaching where I teach. I just can't seem to shut down.

I actually have excess energy that I'm having trouble channeling. There's a lot I can't do physically because it triggers joint pain. I'm limited by my fake knees, too.

Also, my friends are work friends or they're lap band thread friends, which means I can't call them up and meet them somewhere for a cup of coffee. Getting involved with a new choir is helping with some of my excess time. You wouldn't think I had any, but I do. You can do a lot of food damage in just a couple of hours with nothing better to do. Even at work, as crazy as it is, I have some free periods where I have trouble focusing and getting anything done--like correcting workbooks or writing down lesson plans. I want food--particularly chocolate--to settle me down and help me focus.

With the weight off, I've lost some of my focus and drive for watching what I'm eating. Knowing me and my ADHD I've gotten bored with it. Mentally, I've finished the project. I have terrible trouble sticking with anything for very long. For example, Facebook is getting boring; I just skim it most days. Facebook games got boring a long time ago. I used to do Sudoku till I got really good at it and it wasn't a challenge anymore.

I wish I could run and swim whenever I felt like it. If I had an arthritis pool nearby where I could walk and swim laps I'd do that. Swimming might actually help me sleep at night. Most other exercise keeps me awake if I do it in the evening.

Anyway, I'm going to do three no or low-carb days in a row. Basically, back to Protein Drinks for a couple of days with mushies like refried beans. Take a couple lbs off to loosen the band and then start adding solid Proteins eaten frequently throughout the day.

I wish I had Apples here to cook for me. I really hate cooking. So my food really lacks variety. I need to keep things really simple. I hate food preparation. I like things that are ready in just a few minutes. I don't do anything that takes more than three simple steps.

Anyway, enought b!!ching. Gotta do!

Cheri

Apples, so glad you're back. Wasn't the same without you.

Arlene, you're just going to have to pick a color you like and not worry about it. I think Lori does your shade of blue. We just have too many posters. I think I tried turquoise and no one liked reading that.

Well, guys, I'm really struggling. It isn't just sweet foods, I am just wanting to eat. I've gained a few lbs as a result and now my band is tight which makes it difficult for me to eat solid Protein. So when I can't get enough good food into me I turn to sliders. I also noticed more reflux with the weight gain.

The problem for me seems to be my ADHD is really kicking my butt. I can't stay still or concentrate. food has always been my way of staying in one place in social situations and has always helped me concentrate. I can't concentrate for Beans and my restlessness is off the charts--partly because without all the weight I can actually get up and move comfortably.

There are nights when I can't shut my mind off either and fall asleep. Sometimes I feel like I'm jumping out of my skin. Don't know how much of this has to do with the grief process, or how much has to do with a difficult situation with my husband, or how much has to do with the stress of teaching where I teach. I just can't seem to shut down.

I actually have excess energy that I'm having trouble channeling. There's a lot I can't do physically because it triggers joint pain. I'm limited by my fake knees, too.

Also, my friends are work friends or they're LAP-BAND® thread friends, which means I can't call them up and meet them somewhere for a cup of coffee. Getting involved with a new choir is helping with some of my excess time. You wouldn't think I had any, but I do. You can do a lot of food damage in just a couple of hours with nothing better to do. Even at work, as crazy as it is, I have some free periods where I have trouble focusing and getting anything done--like correcting workbooks or writing down lesson plans. I want food--particularly chocolate--to settle me down and help me focus.

With the weight off, I've lost some of my focus and drive for watching what I'm eating. Knowing me and my ADHD I've gotten bored with it. Mentally, I've finished the project. I have terrible trouble sticking with anything for very long. For example, Facebook is getting boring; I just skim it most days. Facebook games got boring a long time ago. I used to do Sudoku till I got really good at it and it wasn't a challenge anymore.

I wish I could run and swim whenever I felt like it. If I had an arthritis pool nearby where I could walk and swim laps I'd do that. Swimming might actually help me sleep at night. Most other exercise keeps me awake if I do it in the evening.

Anyway, I'm going to do three no or low-carb days in a row. Basically, back to Protein drinks for a couple of days with mushies like refried Beans. Take a couple lbs off to loosen the band and then start adding solid Proteins eaten frequently throughout the day.

I wish I had Apples here to cook for me. I really hate cooking. So my food really lacks variety. I need to keep things really simple. I hate food preparation. I like things that are ready in just a few minutes. I don't do anything that takes more than three simple steps.

Anyway, enought b!!ching. Gotta do!

Cheri

Cheri....I think you sound pretty normal for a person in maintenance. A person gets a little lax, pushes the boundries a bit and finds themself up a couple of pounds. But, do NOT let it get out of hand. Sounds like you have a handle on it with getting back to basics. FORCE yourself to do it. It's surpising what just getting back on track can do for our mind and body.

Google 5 minute recipes and see what you come up with. Buy egg whites that come in a carton. DH and I have been working on trimming him down a bit. He was up to 192 (5'10") and doc wanted him down to 174. He hit 174 last week. One of his favoite meals is really plain and simple. Make a white egg omelette. Easy. I just spray a pan with olive oil, egg whites, put lid on it, turn once. I top with diced tomatoes (canned) and enough for a couple of meals in one can. I sprinkle just a bit of cheese and spread a Tbls of FF sourcream on top for moisture and flavor.

There's recipes for mini-egg muffins you can freeze and grab on your way out the door. Make a batch of chicken chili loaded with black beans, kidney beans, butter beans and edamame. Freeze into one cup containers and grab for a meal.

Got to the Food and Nutrition threads today and get some simple recipe ideas.

You've done so well with weightloss and maintenance, Cheri....we're not going to let you fall between the cracks.

Also, sorry for your worries and troubles. YOU CAN TURN THIS AROUND B/4 IT GETS OUT OF HAND.

Cheri...was thinking (scary, I know)...you talked so often when cheering on somone on this thread about how you liked to sip on something warm with FF/skin milk throughout the day. If you have a craving for chocolate, how about getting some of the 20/25 cal packets of cocoa and putting them in coffee or a little milk. That might take care of that craving and make your stomach feel more satisfied.

Just junking up the thread with green ink....

Also, Cheri...there's a pretty tasty alternative to coffee for something hot to sip on. When I was in the weightloss stage I drank one every evening. Alpin (from Krussateaz) makes a good SF spiced cider. Just add hot Water.

Pretty bad...now I'm taking pictures of food:blush: 15 cals per cup. I put it in at least 1.5 cups of hot Water cuz I'm not into it sweet.

Edited by Apples2

Thanks Apples, you crack me up.

You need to know a couple of things about me. I don't grocery shop. My husband does that. I don't pre-cook food and then package it for later. For me, a simple recipe is to take a piece of meat, season it, and pan fry it with a little spray olive oil. Pressure cook a veggie or throw canned green Beans in a pan. dinner is done. I have never baked. I enjoy cooking meat and not much else.

I cooked for my family because I needed to but I stuck to things that required only 3 ingredients. I can go to the store with a list and check things off and still come home without something I need.

Fortunately, I lived a block from the grocery store.

I love Atkins Protein drinks because they satisfy my chocolate cravings and I don't have to make them myself.

I should tell my husband to pick up those 25 calorie Swiss Miss cocoa packs again, so thanks for the reminder.

I have done more with making myself salads because Ken can easily stock up on ingredients I like and he makes what he wants and I make what I want.

What I don't want to do is cook when I get home and he's a terrible cook. He'd eat hot dogs and junk food all night long everynight and be perfectly content.

I'm also very inconsistent when I'll be home and whether I'll have to run right out again.

Also, I hate egg whites and they make me pb. I'd rather eat a real omelette once in a while that actually tastes good to me. Especially if its made by someone else. I can't eat boiled eggs either.

My main problem has always been things like Cheetos and candy bars and ice cream. If I could live on them, I would.

So, I have to go back to what worked for me during weightloss. It's just that it gets boring and I crave mouth excitement.

Also, many of the high Protein pre-made foods are very high in Calcium and my Dr. wants me to limit Calcium, so, less milk in my coffee, fewer protein drinks and Atkin's bars, but I haven't come up with anything to take their place that satisfies my mouth cravings.

Cheri

I get it, Cheri....you like plain and simple. Kind of like Janet cooks for herself. Real food... meat and veggies. At least you make decent meals for yourself and are not just eating whatever and not a satisfying meal.

Like we've said so many times on this thread; BACK AWAY FROM THE CHEETOS. Just don't buy them. If you feel the need for that candy bar, buy a small one once in awhile and savor the flavor!