Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I'm here to help...

Lori - welcome home. What a wonderful time with DH and DD. Memories.

Do you have the Bose noise canceling head phones?? I'm thinking of buying them before Guam trip. Hate that hmmmmmmmmm from the engine sound. My yoga friend loves them.

Joyce...I don't fly without my Bose headphones. Makes the flight so much more enjoyable.

Hello, is this still a mentoring thread? I was banded on sept 13, 2010 and have a question about fills. My surgeon said she was going to fill my band on day of surgery. I feel restricted in the amount of food i can eat at one sitting, I am losing weight. probably would lose more if I excercised and stopped treating myself to ice cream..however here's my question: I meet with the surgeon on oct 20th first meeting since surgery, should I have a fill or not? I am losing weight now about 1-2 lbs a week and feel good no throwing up ... let me know what you think..thank you Carmen

Thanks, Karen. That confirms my decision.

Carmen - let your surgeon decide about a fill. He has lots of experience and will guide you.

Hello, is this still a mentoring thread? I was banded on sept 13, 2010 and have a question about fills. My surgeon said she was going to fill my band on day of surgery. I feel restricted in the amount of food i can eat at one sitting, I am losing weight. probably would lose more if I excercised and stopped treating myself to ice cream..however here's my question: I meet with the surgeon on oct 20th first meeting since surgery, should I have a fill or not? I am losing weight now about 1-2 lbs a week and feel good no throwing up ... let me know what you think..thank you Carmen

Hey Carmen...welcome. Sounds like you are on the fence about whether to get a fill or not at your next appt. If you are unsure, wait a few weeks. We are all so different when it comes to how many fills it takes to get to good restriction. Some on this thread have had many and some only a couple. A month from now you might find yourself getting more hungry and will know you need another fill...a little time can make a huge difference....especially this soon after your LB surgery. Good luck

Lori - welcome home. What a wonderful time with DH and DD. Memories.

Do you have the Bose noise canceling head phones?? I'm thinking of buying them before Guam trip. Hate that hmmmmmmmmm from the engine sound. My yoga friend loves them.

Joyce, go for it. They are awesome and really do block out the engine noises. :smile:

Good Morning Gang..

Carmen - Welcome - yes we are still a mentor thread ;0) - But as you can see we have become friends here too..

As to needing a fill - My don't won't give them if you are losing weight - I know that when you are 1st banded all we think about is fills - well that's not the way it works - each one of us is diff - some pple have fills every week - some rarely need them - it doesn't matter the # of cc's I have cuz that won't work for you...

You doc will guide you..

--------------------------------------------------------------

Bose head phone ;0) - I have just reg head phone - If I was flying to Guam - I think I would invest in them - long flight - I think my longest flight is like 6 hrs and that's enough for me - I don't know how I would do on a 12 hr flight..

Good Morning....today same as yesterday...unloading trucks, drying corn and sweeping corn into the pit. Good days...have I mentioned I love harvest time????? (Probably 100x's)

Was up early and have supper ready to go in the oven later today (timed bake). Have a late afternoon annual physical (only time I could get in was during harvest) and had to make an appt for a flu shot then back home to take over my job again. We usually have trucks till about 10:30.

Anyway...enough about that....just wanted to say "Good Morning" and hope everyone that is trying to stay on task, does. And, everyone not trying to stay on task, stays on task anyway...just for the health of it!

Tip of the day...We eat a lot of omelettes at our house. I was in Walmart last week and picked up two little microwave dishes. You can find them where in the microwave oven aisle. About $3.50 each. They are about the size of an english muffin and have a lid on them. So handy.

DH has to watch is cholesteral. I just buy the egg whites in the carton. Pour 1/2 cup in, set microwave on 1 minute. Done. I add a little cheese and salsa. DH likes his on an english muffin with turkey sausage patty.

Easy clean up and ready for the next snack attack

Apples - that sounds like a great idea with the eggs

Good morning. Another beautiful fall day. I am going back to have my haircut tweaked. She had said to play around wiht it for a week and if I didn't like it she'd adjust it. I went a little shorter. I just hated the pictures of myself and particularly my hair from Las Vegas. After that I have a dr appt today as well. My ear is feeling funky. I know I got Water in it in Hawaii and think it must still be there as it feels plugged up and achy, but not like a bad ache. Thought I'd have it looked at before I go to Denver and FL. I had water get trapped one other time when I lived in CA and did lots of swimming, think they called it swimmers ear, and actually had a big chunk of hardened wax that wouldn't let the water back out or something. Sounded gross.

Apples, good luck at your check up appt. I got my flu shot last week.

Joyce, no I dont have the Bose headphones. DH would really like them with all the travel he does though. It's an idea I have for him for Christmas. Let me know how you like them if you get them. How long a flight is it to Guam? My longest was Isreal last year or back from Spain when we had to fly around the volcanic ash it was about 14 hours. Is Guam a fun trip, going alone or with someone? Sounds exciting.

Carmen, my dr made me fill out a questionaire each time I went in and then we discussed if I needed a fill, it's hard to just say on the boards as there are so many factors, he's the best to guide you. I got many fills regularly. If you lose a lot, your band actually loosens as you lose the fat pad between it and your stoma I was told. Everyone is different on fills, I had about 10 and others have had one and never needed another. Good luck.

Arlene, congrats to DGS.

Hey Great...sounds like you had a nice Hawaii trip. Sorry about the ear issues. Best to get it checked out.

I've had my Bose for about 5 yrs. I had a tough time deciding between the ones that fit all the way on the ear or the smalls ones. I chose the larger as I believe they block out more noise. I have gotten so used to travelling with them that when I forgot them one time, I found the jet noise/ppl chatter to give me a headache.

My longest trip was to Australia. Four hours from Mpls to LA and LA to Sydney was 18 hours. 16 on the way back to LA. Took that trip 4 times. About due for another one of those. We are thinking for our 35th anniversary (4 yrs) and stay 3-4 months. Our others trips to Australia were one month each. I would live there if we were not so tied to the farm.

Hey Great...sounds like you had a nice Hawaii trip. Sorry about the ear issues. Best to get it checked out.

I've had my Bose for about 5 yrs. I had a tough time deciding between the ones that fit all the way on the ear or the smalls ones. I chose the larger as I believe they block out more noise. I have gotten so used to travelling with them that when I forgot them one time, I found the jet noise/ppl chatter to give me a headache.

My longest trip was to Australia. Four hours from Mpls to LA and LA to Sydney was 18 hours. 16 on the way back to LA. Took that trip 4 times. About due for another one of those. We are thinking for our 35th anniversary (4 yrs) and stay 3-4 months. Our others trips to Australia were one month each. I would live there if we were not so tied to the farm.

I have never been to Australia but DH would like to go to dive the Great Barrier Reef. It sounds like you really like and feel at home there. Would you mind telling us what it is that calls you there? Weather, people, landscape, city scape? There must be something unique about it. Like I said DH wants to go but I have put it off as I didn't really have any desire to go there. Maybe your description could inspire me.

I have never been to Australia but DH would like to go to dive the Great Barrier Reef. It sounds like you really like and feel at home there. Would you mind telling us what it is that calls you there? Weather, people, landscape, city scape? There must be something unique about it. Like I said DH wants to go but I have put it off as I didn't really have any desire to go there. Maybe your description could inspire me.

We had two exchange students and got to know their families. Their families have been here on extended visits (2-3 months) and the girls have been back for months at a time...many different times. Through all of them, we met many of their friends and feels like going to visit family when we go.

DH also has a friend that grew up here that has lived there for 40 yrs. He did a month long outback trip with him a few yrs ago. He did the Great Barrier Reef dive/thing and loved it. We have wonderful underwater photos from that trip.

Hello friends....... Taking a bit of a break so thought I would read and catch up some.... Welcome to all the new ones.... I'm very preoccupied with my daughter's wedding on Saturday.... lots of preparations left.... However I really am on target... I got the pew decorations all done yesterday and most of the programs printed before I ran out of ink..... I probably have enough, but was planning to do a few more just in case.... tomorrow is the day to go pick up all the food in Bismarck (ham, turkey, potato salad, and veggies for the Pasta salad.) When we get home the work begins in earnest... there will be no stopping after that.... so this is my last afternoon to just do things leisurely...... I have checked all my lists and things are all in order, that is until I remember what I forgot!!!!! I think I'm just going to sit and fold programs for a while... needs to be done and I seem to have the time.... I have three pans of bars to make yet, but need to wait until Thursday..... Frosting cakes on Thursday, too.... Will cook Pasta and clean veggies Wednesday evening..... Friday is the day to decorate the reception hall, the church, and have rehearsal.... Saturday I will make the cookie salad and then just get my hair done and get dressed...... It should be all over but the actual wedding.... Can't wait for it to be time to relax....... Sunday evening should be crash time..... Then Monday evening we get Mimi while DD and new SIL are on honeymoon until Thursday..... I don't plan to do much at all then.....

Well, I've bored you with all the details long enough.... Sorry.... You all have a great day.... Apples, don't have too much fun harvesting..... I know you love it..... Farm life is wonderful a great part of the time.....

TTYL...Julie

Julie,

Enjoy this slow time before the big rush. If I don't hear from you I hope everything goes well this weekend.