Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I'm here to help...

Laura K, I ought to go watch them one night. Right now I am thinking about Water aerobics. DH needs to start at a gym too. I just worry about my back. I really don't want to get another shot.

Gwen I sent you Janet's menu , but it came back. I double check the email and I had it right. I will try again later.

Karen - I can really understand your feelings right now about your son. Our son & family left today after a 10 day visit. As I've mentioned, they live in Guam and visit here every 3 years. Children are 6 & 13 and can't believe they will be 9 and 16 next time they visit.

Fortunately, I"ll go there in November and see them again - but DH refuses to fly anymore - let alone 1/2 way around the world.

We had a marvelous, eventful, love-filled visit with them.

Laura - Happy Anniversary and thanks for sharing your experiences with us including pix.

I'm way behind on reading posts with family here.

Hi to all.

Karen - I can really understand your feelings right now about your son. Our son & family left today after a 10 day visit. As I've mentioned, they live in Guam and visit here every 3 years. Children are 6 & 13 and can't believe they will be 9 and 16 next time they visit.

Fortunately, I"ll go there in November and see them again - but DH refuses to fly anymore - let alone 1/2 way around the world.

We had a marvelous, eventful, love-filled visit with them.

Laura - Happy Anniversary and thanks for sharing your experiences with us including pix.

I'm way behind on reading posts with family here.

Hi to all.

Those goodbyes are tough, Joyce. The longest we went in between seeing our son was a year. We always flew him home every 2-3 months until he got his first job after graduating from college. Other than that, we have been fortunate to be able to fly to where he lives to see him. He had not been home for 3 yrs b/4 this visit but we did spend a week at his home in March.

I understand how you are feeling today and so do a lot of other mothers on this thread. I cry every time I have to say goodbye.

I was going to be a really brave girl when I said goodbye to the girls on this thread that came to FL. They didn't see me cry but I had to pull over and have a good bawl when I dropped Janet at the airport. And then the same thing when I said goodbye to the others. I'm a sap.

None of you are saps....you all have great hearts.

Julie, weird with your doctor.

Quick fly by as my computer room is fulled with other people.

I'll try and catch up later.

Eva

I have you all beat - I am the biggest baby here lol - just ask any of the girls who went to FL and ask my Lucky #7's - Hell last yr - the shuttle picked me up at 4 in the morning - I didn't wake anyone up - I HATE HATE HATE saying good by..

Well back from the gym - I'm pooped - tomorrow no gym !!!

Charlene - Water arobics might be better w/your back - I'll let you know after friday - but I don't think if you went at your own speed that it would be too bad..

Eva - Enjoy your company :0) in laws :0) I assume you get along w/them well since you gave up your room..

Joyce - I would really cry if I only saw my DS every 3 yrs.. They are 400 miles away - but we see each other every 3-4 months and after a couple of days - well - he is my son - he want's to get back to his own routine :0)..

Well need to go cook - Tonite I think I am having a Taco - I want beef - not fish ;0)..

CBL

Gwendolyn,

Thank you so much for this poem!! Im going to print this and bring it to her on Sunday for buisness. I cried like you cannot believe.....but im okay now and so appreciate that you took the time to find this for me!!

Thank you, Thank you, Thank you!

Jodi

Good Morning All!

Just wanted to pop on and say goodbye. Going to try and get out of here within a couple hours. Depends if anything pops up b/4 I can sneak out.

You all have a great weekend and will talk to you Monday night or Tuesday. Wed is my most difficult dental appt yet. All in all my appts have gone OK. Just some white-knuckling when I'm in the chair. This next time is the cutting back the gums on the top front and grinding the six front top teeth so they can fit for the caps. So far they have completed lower front and right top and bottom. Gave doc a time limit so I am done for the Vegas trip.

Sending the love!

Good Morning All!

Just wanted to pop on and say goodbye. Going to try and get out of here within a couple hours. Depends if anything pops up b/4 I can sneak out.

You all have a great weekend and will talk to you Monday night or Tuesday. Wed is my most difficult dental appt yet. All in all my appts have gone OK. Just some white-knuckling when I'm in the chair. This next time is the cutting back the gums on the top front and grinding the six front top teeth so they can fit for the caps. So far they have completed lower front and right top and bottom. Gave doc a time limit so I am done for the Vegas trip.

Sending the love!

Hugs and prayers for you on the dental appt. Just reading what they are doing gives me chills. Have a great weekend!

Good Morning Gang

Apples - Have a great weekend - lol time limit for teeth !!! ditto on the good juju -- I agree w/Charlene - They would have to give me tons of gas & shots :0)

Not much to report since last night - Watched Big Brother - this year sorta dumb players - had dinner - taco (minus the tortilla)

hamburger meat - salsa - onion - avocado and a little cheese.< /p>

Dessert - greek yogurt (vanila) mixed w/a little lite cream cheese and splenda (vanilla flavor) -

Went to bed early but couldn't sleep was up till about 1..

No gym tonite - getting contacts rechecked..

Also popping in to say adios until probably Tues. I may have intermittent internet.

Janet,I couldn't sleep last night either, was up til after 1. I should've left the a/c on as it was so hot and muggy. Usually it cools off enough at night to do windows but not last night.

Apples, add my good juju for the dentist. Can't wait to see the new smile.

Hi ,

Putting you under a healing white light while you sit in the dentist chair. You are very brave to be doing this - I run from pain.

Now you can do ads for the most beautiful teeth -:tongue2: Hope we meet one day, but promise you will not look at my teeth.

NY Sparkle, I agree that poem is beautiful. The first time I saw it I cried also. Have a wonderful time with your daughter.

Question - since surgery I am having a hard time falling asleep. Yesterday I was up for about 40 hours, decided to take sleep meds, and today I feel great - not sleeping is that part of what you experience.

Have to go clean. Is that one of the rewards of feeling better?:thumbup::frown::)

Gwendolyn Smythe

Hi IndioGirl55. I would love for you to be my buddy. You look wonderful and it sounds like you are on track to keeping your weight loss successful!

I am 38 years old and married with 3 children. I live in Valley, Alabama. I had my band 3-6-09 with a starting weight of 279. I am currently at 196. I have so many questions. I feel I have a long way to go and would love your advice.

Also popping in to say adios until probably Tues. I may have intermittent internet.

Janet,I couldn't sleep last night either, was up til after 1. I should've left the a/c on as it was so hot and muggy. Usually it cools off enough at night to do windows but not last night.

Apples, add my good juju for the dentist. Can't wait to see the new smile.

I hope everything goes well for DH. Is he going to testify? Prayers and HUGS for you and him.

Hi ,

Putting you under a healing white light while you sit in the dentist chair. You are very brave to be doing this - I run from pain.

Now you can do ads for the most beautiful teeth -:tongue2: Hope we meet one day, but promise you will not look at my teeth.

NY Sparkle, I agree that poem is beautiful. The first time I saw it I cried also. Have a wonderful time with your daughter.

Question - since surgery I am having a hard time falling asleep. Yesterday I was up for about 40 hours, decided to take sleep meds, and today I feel great - not sleeping is that part of what you experience.

Have to go clean. Is that one of the rewards of feeling better?:thumbup::frown::)

Gwendolyn Smythe

Gwen - I don't think it's (not sleeping) a side effect of the band - but our age and hormone issues - Or maybe since we aren't self medicating w/food (that was my sleeping pill prior to banding - I would eat myself to sleep) it's why we don't sleep as well..

I don't sleep half as much as I use to - I use to sleep my weekends away - I am lucky now if I can get good nap on the weekends - I usually now adays nap for about 45 minutes - use to be I would get up - and within a couple of hours would be asleep again and would sleep (on and off in between eating ;0) till about 6 or 7 - then still go to bed at 11..

As the saying goes - as we get older the less sleep we need..

well I'm at work - better get to it

It's going to be quite w/o Apples & Great :0) - so peeps junk up the thread just for them

Jessica - where have you run off too.

Linda - where are you too

Laura - need Pictures