Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I'm here to help...

Lori, I don't think it can be the mayo thing.... When I asked my pain management doc about Mayo, he scoffed at me and said "good luck, it'll take 9 months to get into that place."... He was offended that I mentioned it... I told this to my GP and wasn't happy about what the other doctor said.... She said, "I'll get you into Mayo!!" So she was all for sending me to someone who could help me..... This is way out of left field and I just don't understand.... The ONLY thing I can think of is that I asked for a perscription for Hydrocodone as mine was about gone and I didn't want to go back to that other doctor again...... And if that is that then why just dump me??? Why not call me and say that she wasn't comfortable with it or whatever..... It's very fishy to me......I guess I just have to wait to see what happens... I will find out one way or the other.... even if I have to go to the Head of the Clinic......

Hi Mrs. Bubba,

I respond to anything.

I would be shocked to receive such a letter.

Please also consider that she may be sending this letter to many of her patients. We just received a letter from the President of an organization - reason major illness. She did state this in her email to us. Just a thought - might be other personal reasons.

Perhaps send her Thank You flowers, and see what kind of response you get. Can also find out if she is accepting new patients.

Another suggestion would be to do a mass mailing; AMA, DA, Senator, BBB, etc. Not to sure if she will take you back, but you can see if she informs anybody why she sent you the letter. If it was me, I think I would send them certified with signature.

Might be good to ask if you send out the letter why she sent the letter and that you have been unable to get info on mayo - which I assume is important to you.

She may not change her mind, but she will be plenty busy responding.

Think this last one over carefully as I do not know if there would be any repercussions.

Even is she took you back I am not to sure what your relationship will be like.

Just my thoughts, which may not be the best of advice.

Gwen

Gwen, thanks for the suggestions... You an be sure that this angry brain of mine is working overtime to think of the best way to attack this.... She owes me an explanation, to be sure....

Woohoo! down 3lbs. Janet, the fish and exercise are working! Thanks for the menu! We have to log our food on a program like My Plate. Then when I see Dr. Davis he will read my monthly food journal. YIKES!

Phyl, Happy Bandiversary!

Julie, ......so sorry about your doctor. You need some peace about this. I hope you can talk to her and find out why she sent you a letter. HUGS! for you today!

Apples, oh, I just hope your baby boy moves near you. I will start praying for him. You sure will be busy for a few days. We want to hear all about it. Happy Deck Party!

We have a Zumba instructor going to our church. She has classes at the church on Wednesdays. I will stick to walking and resistance bands......I am not that strong yet.

I didn't read all the posts. You peeps have been burning up the thread today. Have a great evening!!!!

Charlene

What is the menu you are referring to and can I have a copy of it.

I was banded one week ago, and would like some menu guidelines.

Thanks.

Gwendolyn Smythe

Julie--I think your doctor was being disrespectful. She owes you an explanation WHATEVER the reason. We all want to know the rest of this story....

And through a certified letter? That would hurt anyone's feelings.

I am hoping that this leads you to another doctor that has all the answers to get rid of the pain!

Prayers and hugs.....judy

Charlene

What is the menu you are referring to and can I have a copy of it.

I was banded one week ago, and would like some menu guidelines.

Thanks.

Gwendolyn Smythe

Janet has a menu she made up of the meals she eats. They are low in calories. PM (private message ) me your email address and I will forward the email.

And...to add to Janet's comments...there's probably a little 110lb, a 121lb and a 130lb person in that class that is more self-conscious than you would ever guess, Great.

Funny story...I was in my very first ins. license class back in 1988....I think I was like 32 at the time. I had to spend 10 days with the same group of 30 ppl. Had this CUTE little blond that sat in front of me. She was maybe late 30's. Her and her male friend joined me for lunch one day. While visiting she dropped this statement...she said "I don't know how many times in the last couple of days I have told my friend that I would die for a knockout body like yours". I just about choked. Reason being....I sat there and stared at her sitting in front of me for about a week thinking the same thing about her body (nope...not bi). My point? I think you get it, right?

Julie...sorry to hear about your letter delivery. I guess I would request a copy of ALL medical records she has on you. All comments, etc. and go from there. Unless she is willing to sit down with you and explain her decision. It's the least she can do.

Charlene - WTG ON YOUR 3 LBS !!!!!! Why aren't you strong enough - it's a dance class - and you can modify what you can't do - it's a nice change of pace - go watch one day :0)

Oh can you tell I'm really into this class thing - it's a fun new experience - I am getting a kick out of them - So now I will think you all should be doing them - you know me - ;0)

But truly - we are diff pple than we use to be...

Gwen here the menu - it's for when you get on real food

what phase are you on - day 7 still on full liquids - cream of bean Soup - make a pot of Beans (any kind you like and season them as you like) when done - scoop the cooked beans out (save liquid broth) - put beans & meat in blender or food processor - add some of the bean broth and puree - then add that mixture back into the broth - you have cream of bean soup - I think it saved Great in her liquid stage :0)

Here' the menu

Arlene...CONGRATS on the 3lbs!!!!!!!!!! That's why we play "Follow the Leader" with Janet!

Awe Thanks... Too funny !!!!

Good afternoon. Congrats Arlene on the 3 lbs. I don't think you need to be too strong for Zumba, it's just cardio and you do what you can do. I have done a Zumba class a few times and that was way before I reached goal.

UGH, we are hot and humid today. By humid I mean the humidity is like 20%. I am so used to dry climates that I just hate humidity. They call it mosoonal moisture or something, it keeps trying to rain but never even gets the sidewalk completely wet. Wish it would just pour and get it out of it's system. DH says it's really humid in San Antonio so I better get used to it.

Good afternoon. Congrats Arlene on the 3 lbs. I don't think you need to be too strong for Zumba, it's just cardio and you do what you can do. I have done a Zumba class a few times and that was way before I reached goal.

UGH, we are hot and humid today. By humid I mean the humidity is like 20%. I am so used to dry climates that I just hate humidity. They call it mosoonal moisture or something, it keeps trying to rain but never even gets the sidewalk completely wet. Wish it would just pour and get it out of it's system. DH says it's really humid in San Antonio so I better get used to it.

San Antonio is dry compared to us. I can deal with the heat......it is the humidity. Just finished raining.....I hope I can walk this evening. Skeeters will be out . Sometimes I wonder why in the H I still live here. Oh Yeah, I can't stand the cold anymore!

Charlene, you can do zumba. Our instructor says it's a "zumba party" just do what you can, make up your own moves, just keep moving is the concept. I love it and can't wait for it to start back up again. It actually gets harder when you learn more of the moves because you don't have to try to catch up with the moves you are doing them. I've been to many many classes and I still go in a different direction at times, I just laugh and move on.

Only 20% humidity? dang I could only wish lol

LauraK