Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I'm here to help...

Good Morning Gang

Jodi - Zoey is Phyl's puppy - Bella is mine or should I say Andrews ;0) - I want to take a video of her romping around - she looks like a rabbit - it's so cute..

Well I didn't do any computer last night - just to zapped - got to be by 10 got up only once - so not too bad - as usual could use another hr or 2 of sleep..

Welcome home Apples - you are missed when you aren't here - but I bet it's nice not to be so connected - Some time I think we are just too connected - it's one reason I don't have internet on my phone - I would be cking in all the time

Well it time to get ready for work - cbl

Jodi, Rainbow Bridge can be found on the internet...google it....it is a short story about what happens when pets pass. The ending talks about how we will be reunited when it is our turn.

Just got back my cholesterol score--163--this stuff works!

Today--hospice volunteering and then-getting highlights!

kiss the puppies

Good Morning....Lovely day here. In the high 80's to low 90's. I think of Janet's post on being 113 and wonder how I would handle it. A/C and gallons of Water. At least when we get 30 degrees below zero here, we can put on layer after layer of Armor wear. You can only strip down so much in the 113 degree weather. I'll live here. Me naked running around the desert would not add much to the natural beauty. I would look like one of those furless cats running around.

Janet...that b/4 and after you posted on this thread and the b/4 and after thread was just the best. Such a drastic difference. Were you loaded down with photo comments????

Jodi...your life sounds so interesting. When you feel comfortable, share some photos with us. Your life sounds like the exact opposite of mine. I can go for days without seeing a soul (besides my little family and farm workers). Yours sounds so fast-paced.

I am on the run today. Finishing up laundry and housecleaning this morning, detailing my truck, have a hair appt this afternoon and then back home to catch up on my bookwork. Heading out tomorrow again for a full weekend. dinner with friends Thursday evening, Friday evening is Ag Bash (steak dinner with all types of raffles which raises money for some great causes), Sat our deck party and hopefully Sunday with our boys if they stay with us after our party.

Gotta hit it....hope you all have a great day.

Hi Jodi,

I have the poem in my files and thought I would just send it on. Hope it helps.

Gwendolyn Smythe

The Rainbow Bridge

inspired by a Norse legend

By the edge of a woods, at the foot of a hill,

Is a lush, green meadow where time stands still.

Where the friends of man and woman do run,

When their time on earth is over and done.

For here, between this world and the next,

Is a place where each beloved creature finds rest.

On this golden land, they wait and they play,

Till the Rainbow Bridge they cross over one day.

No more do they suffer, in pain or in sadness,

For here they are whole, their lives filled with gladness.

Their limbs are restored, their health renewed,

Their bodies have healed, with strength imbued.

They romp through the grass, without even a care,

Until one day they start, and sniff at the air.

All ears prick forward, eyes dart front and back,

Then all of a sudden, one breaks from the pack.

For just at that instant, their eyes have met;

Together again, both person and pet.

So they run to each other, these friends from long past,

The time of their parting is over at last.

The sadness they felt while they were apart,

Has turned into joy once more in each heart.

They embrace with a love that will last forever,

And then, side-by-side, they cross over… together.

© 1998 Steve and Diane Bodofsky. All Rights Reserved.

Apples - Thanks !!! I got a few coments :0) Just want to help the newbies to know that it's doable - but #1 the band is only a tool and isn't going to do the work for you - IMHO so many pple think that the band is going to do the work and they can still eat the crap that they ate before being banded..

You are the busy girl as usual - glad you still have your boys w/you ;o)

I'm going to Zumba on Friday - that's going to be 5 days of exercise this week - Sunday/Plios - Monday/Arms - Tuesday/Boot Camp - Weds/Legs - Friday/Zumba - Guess I can have a nice treat this weekend :0)...

Well back to work - Hugs !!!

Hi girls,

Today is our 9th wedding anniv! DH wanted to get me flowers or something and I told him to not worry- I will do SOMETHING when we get home (go to the spa or shopping) rather than spend $$$ on flowers I have to leave in a hotel room when I leave. : ) It was the thought that counts!

Yesterday we took the speed train to London. It goes under the Water (in a tunnel)- it's really dark and feels like a night train. Only prob was some popping of the ears, but I didn't get motion sickness. (From the main station in Lille it was 1.5 hrs) Amazing really. London was nice but rushed. Ideally should spend more than one day there..LOL. But we wanted it for the "experience". We took the train at 8, then paid for a city tour, then lunch, tour, then cab to station at 430. The tour is one of those with multiple stops and you can get on and off- bus comes every 15 minutes. It was perfect for our needs. Just wish we had more time.

Today we are in Paris. It's drizzly and cool. low 60s. Glad we stayed around here today. Nelson got brave and went to the "Mickey camp" (daycare type place in the hotel). He's having fun playing video games with kids from all over the world. We will pick him up and go out to dinner. : )

Didn't read any posts... will have a lot of catching up to do!!! xoxo peasout

Happy Anniversary to You

Happy Anniversary to You

Happy Anniversary Dear Laura and Nael

Happy Anniversary to You!!!!!!

Again, love the photos and thanks for sharing. What an experience. And, Nels is at an age where he will recall all the memories and experiences you have had on this trip. Safe travels. Sending the love

Apples - Thanks !!! I got a few coments :0) Just want to help the newbies to know that it's doable - but #1 the band is only a tool and isn't going to do the work for you - IMHO so many pple think that the band is going to do the work and they can still eat the crap that they ate before being banded..

You are the busy girl as usual - glad you still have your boys w/you ;o)

I'm going to Zumba on Friday - that's going to be 5 days of exercise this week - Sunday/Plios - Monday/Arms - Tuesday/Boot Camp - Weds/Legs - Friday/Zumba - Guess I can have a nice treat this weekend :0)...

Yes, Janet...youngest is still home. It's been two weeks. We are waiting on him to make a decision. He is actually leaning towards living within driving distance of us. This has not been the case for close to 10 yrs. Alaska, Santa Barbara, Texas, Daytona Beach, and Atlanta. We might be making a trip out to Atlanta in the near future to help him pack up that four bedroom house and move him back to MN.

I try not to do too much "Mommy pressure" and trying to let him do the thinking on which way to go. He misses home and us (I think) and at 27 think he just wants that settling in feeling again. We'll support any decision and still keeping my fingers crossed it is not the 2 yr contract overseas...what will be will be. Fun, happy but stressful times right now.:unsure:

Apples, we'll all put the "mommy pressure" on him with our thoughts. He'll never stand a chance against our thoughts as a group. lol

Janet, your pics give the whole story. Work hard and you will succeed.

Gwen, loved the poem.

Laura, the pics are great. My nephew is in London right now studying, well that is what he is supposed to be doing. He has a few more weeks to go.

LauraK

Apples, we'll all put the "mommy pressure" on him with our thoughts. He'll never stand a chance against our thoughts as a group. lol

Janet, your pics give the whole story. Work hard and you will succeed.

Gwen, loved the poem.

Laura, the pics are great. My nephew is in London right now studying, well that is what he is supposed to be doing. He has a few more weeks to go.

LauraK

DS is out working for a friend at his golf course today. When that mommy pressure starts to hit, he will just think a lot of ppl forgot to yell "fore"!:unsure:

Drats I had this long post on my itouch and it

must be floating out there in cyberspace.

Apples that's wonderful news that DS is considering

a move closer to home. Sending some mommy

pressure vibes your way.

Laura happy anniversary

Janet I saw a class at the gym today called SET

are you familiar with it? Just not sure I am a class person.

I did 3 1/2 more minutes in the evil machine today

well DH just called he will be home from Atlanta tonight

and has to go to San Antonio tomorrow I am going

to go with and then on to Denver for his court case

in his car jacking so I may be scarce depending on

Internet access

Hey there, how are you all doing???? I read all the posts and there are so many bandiversaries these days... Congrats to all of you lovely ladies..... My 2nd is next month.....

Apples, my mommy pressure is sent your way, too...

Janet, omg, 113....... I'd never make it.... It has been about that hot here maybe once in my lifetime and I'm sure I stayed inside.......It's rare to hit 100 here....but 40 below is lots more frequent..... I stay inside then, too....

Well, something happened to me today that I bet has never happened to any of you..... And now you are wondering what in the world happened to me... That's what I'm wondering, too, but I got a certified letter from my GP......terminating our patient/doctor relationship..... Reason stated was that was that on occassions the physician/patient relationship breaks down and the relationship is no longer a comfortable one!!!! She will continue to see me on an emergency basis only for 45 days..... NOW............isn't that a kicker???? I have ablsolutely no idea what this is about.... I have almost worshiped this doctor as she saved my life twice with her great ability to diagnose problems quickly.... I'd be dead now if not for her..... I don't know what I did...... Unless she just can't handle my problems anymore.... She even went so far as to send a copy of the letter to the clinic's legal department..... To say I'm stunned is an understatement... And also I'm feeling abandoned.... What about my referral to mayo that she is in the middle of????? I called and left a message for her to tell me what the He__ is going on and at least give me information on Mayo... We'll see if she responds.... If not I'll be writing my own letter to her..... and the legal department.... I can see this happening between people when there is some problem or difference of opinion, but there has been none of that.... I'm left to sit her and wonder.....As if I don't have enough problems..... Your comments and suggestions are welcomed... I don't really know what else to do... I really think her new nurse has something to do with this.... I've only seen her once and then talked to her on the phone... Something she relayed to the doctor must have been misconstrued....

Lori have fun on your jaunt with DH.

Gwen ( Can we call you that or do you prefer Gwendolyn?) happy to have you here.... You are just starting your journey and you seem to have the right attitude.... You will do well, I'm sure..

Judy , great cholesterol number.... wtg....

My mind is boggled and I'm drawing a blank now... I hate that..... I have an appointment for a haircut shortly so I'd better get moving.... All of you that I missed, please forgive me.... not on purpose.....Oh, Laura, great pictures.... I'm sure this is something Nelson will never forget....

Sorry for the downer post..... Love to all......... Julie

Great

I just ck'd our 24 hr fitness doesn't offer that class - As to not being a class person - Sweetheart you are no longer that person who will stand out in the class - and even if you did - who cares... This is about you and moving.. I use to feel that way (going to classes) - heck wasn't that our #1 excuse for not going to the gym 100+ lbs ago - What pple would think of us...

I gave up that mentallity 3 yrs ago - I said this is about me and I need to do this for me - I don't know these pple they can't hurt me - so I went in and did my workout - and left.

You know what - no one is really paying attention to anyone else - they are there to work out (well I was/am lucky in that department neither of my gyms are meat markets) And and my age I really wouldn't care if they were - I'm not there to be seen - I am there to workout

You should see what I look like as I walk out after a class - I swear I look like a wet rat - my hair is totally soaked and a mess - I walk thru the weighs and all the guys working out and I don't give it a second thought - I really just don't care what they think - it doesn't matter to me - why should it - heck all they would think - is omg that girl worked her ass off -

Classes are fun and a way to mix up your exercise - So I really do suggest to give them a try - and you are so busy keeping up along with everyone else - no one has time to see if you are keeping up or not - Hell - I do better than some of the young ones - and if I can't do something they are doing I modify it -

It's empowering to not limit yourself - try it - just go for it - you may like it...

Apples

Hopefully you will be making the trip to pack up the house ;0)..

Julie

OMG what a thing to happen - Don't even know what to think.. Hugs

Janet, thanks for that pep talk, it is just what I needed to hear. I thought I kicked the "I don't care what others think at the gym' attitude, but I don't think I have. I am so afraid of looking like an out of shape, frumpy, slob that I let it hold me back. For instance, I absolutely hate to sweat or get out of breath. Why, you ask? Because at 305 lbs I would get sweaty and out of breath walking to the corner and back or up one flight of stairs, hence sweaty and out of breath mean to me, 'you stupid out of shape whale'. Even now when I start to get sweaty I think I can't or shouldn't do any more (I do though). But no one thinks that of a 20 something year old skinny person, they think wow she worked hard. So thanks for helping me get that in my head. I will try that class in a couple weeks (it's only on Mondays and I will be gone). The SET had one of those registered trademarks symbols after it that it was a 24 Hour Fitness trademarks which is why I asked. I know she said they use a step but if that's too hard on my knees I can improvise. On the other hand the next class is Silver Sneakers, may be I could go to that one, I'm almost old enough to qualify. LOL

Julie, wow, I, too, don't know what to think about that letter. Could it be an insurance issue? Maybe she was insulted that you asked to be referred on to mayo? I'm grasping at straws here.