Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I'm here to help...

Thanks Laura, look forward to hearing all about it and the 'insider tips'. HOw nice for you that your DH knows it so well, does he speak French too? I've heard that even if they know english there, they won't speak it to Americans as they don't like us there. Probably not true but you know how those things go around. LOL

Julie, I had a beagle growing up and when my kids were young. Great family dogs and great with childredn. One of our's was named Snoopy as I just loved Charlie Brown growing up. What is a walkout pool? I've not heard that term before. Is it where the pool gradually slopes as you go in? I don't think I've seen one in many hotels. I think my community pool is like that not sure as I never go to that end as it's so full of itty bitty ones.

Well I went to the gym this morning, I'm getting better at just making myself go like it's a part of my day or my job. I added a minute to the 'evil' machine, not sure what it's called part stepper/part elliptical. And the weights are getting easier. Not too easy yet though. For the first time in a while it actually wasn't so hard, I was so discouraged last week as it seemed like my progress was going backwards instead of forwards, I was more encouraged today.

Julie, I want to be a world traveller. LOL Travel is my passion and it's one of the reasons I supported DH for this job transfer/promotion. However, so far and it's only been 6 weeks, I've not gotten to go with him at all and when we do make plans he changes them. Just like this weekend we may not go to Mississippi as he may have to go to San Antonio instead but I will still go whereever, I am determined to go someplace! LOL

Hi all.

Waiting for rain. Really dry after a very wet June. Overcast finally but no rain. I hate watering.

Laura, am so jealous about Paris. Great pics. You look like such a neat family. Genuinely happy and relaxed.

Melissa, keep on hangin on.

Gotta go move the sprinkler.

Cheri

Julie, I want to be a world traveller. LOL Travel is my passion and it's one of the reasons I supported DH for this job transfer/promotion. However, so far and it's only been 6 weeks, I've not gotten to go with him at all and when we do make plans he changes them. Just like this weekend we may not go to Mississippi as he may have to go to San Antonio instead but I will still go whereever, I am determined to go someplace! LOL __________________

I am so glad you are getting to travel with DH. Do as much as you can because when the grandbaby comes I have a feeling you will be jetting to Denver a lot.

What is the "evil machine"? I do good just to walk. I sent the cleaning lady to my DD's to clean for her because she is so big pregnant. So, I mopped and cleaned baseboards today. Now my back is hurting and my middle toe is kinda numb. I better strengthen my core. When that baby comes I will be lifting a toddler.....Yikes!

Julie, I want to be a world traveller. LOL Travel is my passion and it's one of the reasons I supported DH for this job transfer/promotion. However, so far and it's only been 6 weeks, I've not gotten to go with him at all and when we do make plans he changes them. Just like this weekend we may not go to Mississippi as he may have to go to San Antonio instead but I will still go whereever, I am determined to go someplace! LOL __________________

I am so glad you are getting to travel with DH. Do as much as you can because when the grandbaby comes I have a feeling you will be jetting to Denver a lot.

What is the "evil machine"? I do good just to walk. I sent the cleaning lady to my DD's to clean for her because she is so big pregnant. So, I mopped and cleaned baseboards today. Now my back is hurting and my middle toe is kinda numb. I better strengthen my core. When that baby comes I will be lifting a toddler.....Yikes!

I would love to travel more, but flying is such a hassle these days! I do love to travel in the RV and so glad I talked DH in to driving back east this summer, and then down to OK to visit friends before we go to CA! Really enjoy it! And I LOVE to travel by train!

Yeah... lifting babies!! Ten years ago next month, our grandson, Cody was born in OK where we were living at the time. He soon was a very chubby baby. I weighed over 300 lb at the time. I was so limited as to how long I could carry him... my physical limitations and his weight!! When he was 8 mos old, I can remember having to sit him down in the grass occasionally, because I couldn't carry him any longer!

I had a very busy morning/early afternoon!! TOPS ("turtled"... no change from last week), PT in the pool + 20 minutes on bike after that. Then I had to take my puppy for a scooter ride! She counts on that! OMG... I love that puppy SO much! What a joy she is! She really isn't a "piranha", despite her bad reputation from the groomer experiences last weekend! She LOVES to ride in my scooter basket, so I have to take her with me when I go to get my daily coffee treat! She loves to go there.. there are about 4 gals that work there, but she has a favorite (Ashley) and she was there today so she got so excited to see her. And then she gets treats there... but I make her "SIT" to get them... for some reason, she is so excited over there that she gets "Sit" and "Down" all mixed up! But... I cave in and giver her a treat if she does one or the other! Probably bad! I break the treats in to about 5 pieces because they are so big and she is so small! I get a good brisk walk with her every day... around the condo complex... one round + 1/4 mile and we usually do 2X around.. with me practically running because she is leaping and running!

Really enjoying Laura's vacation pictures! Looks like a wonderful adventure, and great weather! Can't get over how TALL Nelson is looking.. !! Did he have a growth spurt or what!!

Lori... yep-- your trips will be mostly to Denver in the not too distant future, so go wherever you can in the meantime!! LOL

Phyl, I just loved reading about your love for Zoey. I have my Brussels Griffon, Charlie. We have to spell "walk" and "snack" or he will go nuts. He even perks up when we spell. He is catching on. He is our baby boy. I know he is a dog, but he brings us so much joy.

Well, I walked this morning, but it started raining this evening so I have to ride my bike. I ate 1030 calories today. I sure hope I go down a lb on Wednesday.

Thanks Janet.....do they sell the Protein Drinks in the store or must they be ordered online?

While at my Lap Band Dr on Saturday I bought the Bariatric Advantae High Protein Replacement powder. I tried it for Breakfast this morning and I am so impressed. I bought the strawberry flavor. I had to change my lunch time to 1:45 because I was so full. It has 27 g protein for 1 shake. Maybe this is what I needed.

Evening ladies....

Julie, glad to hear there is some movement on the mayo appointment. That's funny but not fun with the potty training comment. I don't want a puppy just for that reason and the chewing. As cute as they are, they are a lot of work.

Charlene, dogs are a part of the family...or at least they should be and yes, they give lots of joy. Ours is very spoiled. You have been really doing good with the walking, wish I could say the same. Keep it up and it will work.

Lori, I really enjoy travelling too but I don't get to fly standby...too bad. I go every chance I get, by car, plane, or train. How's your grass doing? You have been doing really well with going to the gym. I'm proud of you.

Peaches, I use Isopure whey Protein Powder. It has 50 grams of Protein in 2 scoops and around 225 calories. I've been drinking it a little more often for breakfast because I've been short on my Protein too.

Phyl, glad you have found such a good companion with that puppy. They certainly can enhance your life. Train travel is really nice especially if you have time.

Laura, great pictures and glad to hear you are having a good time. Enjoy yourself!!

I finally went to my friends pool for a little exercise today. It's too hot to walk so the pool is great right now. I did really well last year until it got cold, so let's see if I can keep this us, especially with company.

My DH's Mom and sister are coming Wednesday and will be here for a week. So I might be scarce which has become a little more frequent lately.

I had a very bad food day yesterday, so today I've been really working hard at watching what I put in my mouth. So far so good. I think I will be okay today. I'm going to have to do the "one day at a time" thing for right now.

Hope you all have a really good night.

Eva

I wonder how many posts I'd have to do to make it to page 800?

Good Evening Gang...

Well been to the gym (weights arms) got home and had to fill out a questionnaire about Idrise (he's going to be making a Exercise/nutrition DVD set)

Then had to take Bella out and play with her - had to tire her out - thank God - little dogs don't take that long to tire out - I really need to make a video - Angel is so cute with her - she pins her in like a wrestling move... I go to one end of the yard - clap my hands and call her name - she comes hopping like a rabbit... All the other animals (even sheba) are good with her - they all HATED Ryder - I think it was the size.. We have her baby gated so that she can't roam and pee & poop all over the house - she is so good take her outside and she squats - still hasn't pooped - so in her play pen she went - but she must be asleep cuz she's not barking at the gate ;0)..

Dinner's is almost done - fish is cooked and my veggies are steaming (green beans)..

PJ - I don't think they sell them at any stores - My Dr sells them and I order them online.. Glad you like the shake... I had one last week for breakfast (pure Protein & banana) since it was last week don't remember if I was full or not :tt2:

Charlene - When is the baby due?? I have a gf who has a housekeeper - that's when she started gaining weight - Cleaning house is exercise ;0) - WTG you did that - walked and biked...

Phyl when you come we gotta get our dogs together - so feel free to bring Zoey when you come for dinner one nite - it will be so cute...

Laura Glad you are having a great time - Can't wait to hear all about it.. Keep the pic's coming..

Great - WTG on getting to the gym - just think of it as your job - there are no if's ands or buts - it is your new lifestyle and pretty soon - it will be come habit - look at me - weights twice a week and now exercise classes twice a week - booth camp and plyos .. I may even try Zumba this friday nite..

Cheri - I guess cuz we live in the desert and can't depend on the rain to Water the grass - we have sprinkler systems installed and on timers - I don't have to even think about it.. The grass waters itself :0)

Well it's 8:30 peeps - I need to see if my veggies are done and get ready for tommorrow

hi,

just found this group by accident. i could really use a buddy, to answer questions, deal with the unknowns and just have friends.

i got banded five days ago, i am feeling like i am walking on cloud 9. still have some pain, but i call it the grin and bear it pain.

have one question i need answered as soon as possible. i rarely ever felt full prior to banding, primarily felt hungry. how will i know when i am full - what are the clues?

thank you all for posting here, i enjoyed reading about your journeys.

gwendolyn smythe :tt2::thumbup::):thumbup::thumbup::thumbup:

Janet, glad the new puppy is working out. When I retire, I probably won't be able to afford my housekeeper so I'll be getting exercise cleaning house again.

Still trying for the page 800. LOL

You will know when you are full. It will take a while and it feels different, but you'll know. You just need to take the time to listen to your body. Congratulations!!

i desperately need some help and advice please!!! i have been pbing and sliming for over a week now and it does not seem to be getting any better. i am really trying not to get an unfill which is what i have had to do the last 2 fills for the same reasons, is there anything i can do or take that will make it stop?

Good evening, you gals with housekeepers are lucky. I never felt I could justify it without working, but there's times I wish I could have someone just do a deep clean. but thenagain, like Janet said, it's good exercise. I do like having a smaller house now to clean though. I rarely clean the downstairs as it doesn't get used much, just dust it when someone is coming over LOL. It's mostly 'man cave' anyway and I refuse to move critters to dust. LOL

Gwendolyn, welcome, your full feeling will feel different at least it did for me and you will definitely know. Hard to describe but you will know it. If you go past it, it can be painful. Congrats on your banding.

Arlene, my grass is doing pretty good. Hard to keep it watered in this 100 degree dry heat. But it's surviving. We have sprinklers on timers as well and are watering twice a day.

Well Apples should be back tomorrow. Welcome back Apples!